Anyone willing to talk about growing mushrooms?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2835
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2835

Just to update this, I was just reading a post about this on Reddit today and someone said any temps below 200°F are fine and it’s actually better to dry them at 165°F until cracker dry and posted this link to back up the info about it being safe to dry at higher temps https://future4200.com/uploads/short-url/4wTn7y4GprLx83fmAnmrHKBBdf5.pdf . They also posted this like that discusses how drying at higher temps can actually preserve potency (I haven’t read it yet) https://www.reddit.com/r/shrooms/comments/bxlfdn
Another thing to note in that file was they found the caps to contain the most alkaloids. Which goes against Stamets findings of equal distribution.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Another thing to note in that file was they found the caps to contain the most alkaloids. Which goes against Stamets findings of equal distribution.
I often wonder what information from Paul Stamets is solid, and what isn't, because while he seems to know a lot about shrooms, he also only has a bachelors in mycology, and I'm not sure what kind of education he has in chemistry or pharmacology. This is one of the reasons I'm following the Fadiman protocol for microdosing over the Stamets protocol. I'm not knocking him at all, I think he's smart as hell, but just wonder about his qualifications in those areas.

D

Deleted member 2835

I often wonder what information from Paul Stamets is solid, and what isn't, because while he seems to know a lot about shrooms, he also only has a bachelors in mycology, and I'm not sure what kind of education he has in chemistry or pharmacology. This is one of the reasons I'm following the Fadiman protocol for microdosing over the Stamets protocol. I'm not knocking him at all, I think he's smart as hell, but just wonder about his qualifications in those areas.
Apparently their are 8 different protocols https://microdosinginstitute.com/how-to/microdosing-protocols/

D

Deleted member 2835

My wife takes 2 in the morning 2 at night, no breaks. I made some from the ape told her to be careful(women never listen I swear) she took 3 and was tripping while working (good thing she works from home) lmao...

D

Deleted member 2835

A lot of people have gripes with Paul Stamets. I know most of shroomery.com does at least...lol

D

Deleted member 2835

He's a bit shady though by claiming that most of the enzymes are produced in the mycelium after being called out about using mycelium instead of actual fruiting bodies for his supplements. Speaking of his supplements he comes off as a used car salesman and a sensationalist. Who knows if he really ate 24g's and climbed a huge tree during a thunderstorm or if his mother was really cured of cancer by mushrooms. Those are some pretty extreme claims by any standard.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
He's a bit shady though by claiming that most of the enzymes are produced in the mycelium after being called out about using mycelium instead of actual fruiting bodies for his supplements. Speaking of his supplements he comes off as a used car salesman and a sensationalist. Who knows if he really ate 24g's and climbed a huge tree during a thunderstorm or if his mother was really cured of cancer by mushrooms. Those are some pretty extreme claims by any standard.
Yeah, I agree with all of that.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I always thought it was weird some of the supplements where myceliated rice
I’m sure there are enzymes in the mycelium but it did seem kind of scammy I did not see them at the health food store last time I was there…