2020 Outdoor Show and Tell

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
it sucks when grow season is ending, man i love every minute and it seems sooo fast....

hill line:
IMG_2547_result.jpg
hill sides changing colors and bending over even thou 3 stage trellis ;)
IMG_2556_result.jpg

side "left" fence line:
IMG_2549_result.jpg
IMG_2566_result.jpg

"Big Mama #1" cherry wine f2 = prolly gonna harvest at least the tops very soon, don't wanna have any issues . so far looks perfect!
IMG_2576_result.jpg
IMG_2573_result.jpg

Cherry Wine F2 #3 = Harvested her today ( all main tops )
IMG_2578_result.jpg
IMG_2584_result.jpg

Attachments

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It absolutely poured here last night and the wind has been nonstop all morning. I haven't checked on the plants out back yet so I'm hoping they didn't get destroyed. The good news is that, if they survived that, the weather is supposed to start to dry up here.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
It absolutely poured here last night and the wind has been nonstop all morning. I haven't checked on the plants out back yet so I'm hoping they didn't get destroyed. The good news is that, if they survived that, the weather is supposed to start to dry up here.
Same here, it's supposed to drop into the high 20s to low 30s these next few nights/mornings (for the low) but after that highs of 60s and lows of mid 40s with no rain next week. Fingers crossed for everyone to have a smooth finish.

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Lol every time I see caterpillars it reminds me but funny thing about that kind of caterpillar (not sure if it’s same kind but def looks similar )

When I was a kid (10-12 years old) in FL me and my best friend for w/e one day grabbed one of those caterpillars and was playing with it and letting it walk all over us and misc. well my mom saw us and was in terrified , she took us and notified my friend parents and good thing I went to the doctor cause the carpillers def produce a nasty poison. Whoops lol

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I pulled the biggest colas off the AK-47 this morning, stripped the larger leaves off them, and pulled off any rot I found which was surprisingly found on more small buds than large ones. I gave them a dunk in cool water with H2O2 and lemon juice mixed in to at least make an attempt to wash off any remaining bud rot and spores. I was expecting the water to look filthy when I was done, based on bud washing videos I've seen, but it was still pretty clean when I finished.

This is what I would up with. It is sunny out today, with a nice breeze, so I left it out there for 2 hours to air dry and now it is all hanging in a drying box in the house.
39aGum3.jpg

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I pulled the biggest colas off the AK-47 this morning, stripped the larger leaves off them, and pulled off any rot I found which was surprisingly found on more small buds than large ones. I gave them a dunk in cool water with H2O2 and lemon juice mixed in to at least make an attempt to wash off any remaining bud rot and spores. I was expecting the water to look filthy when I was done, based on bud washing videos I've seen, but it was still pretty clean when I finished.

This is what I would up with. It is sunny out today, with a nice breeze, so I left it out there for 2 hours to air dry and now it is all hanging in a drying box in the house.
View attachment 74261
I'd be content if my whole crop ended up that fruitful.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
cherry wine f2 ( cherry wine x cherry wine)
View attachment 73307
View attachment 73308

Desert Snow #7 aka CBG 21.5%
View attachment 73309
View attachment 73310
View attachment 73311
GP: Cowboy Cookies ( GMO X Stardawg ) #8 ( pictures don't do it justice, most of em do it)
View attachment 73312
View attachment 73313
Great plants. Your going to have some work ahead.
How do you process the cbd? I have a nice cherry wine. I did a coconut oil cook. Chopped bud in with oil in a chip dip crockpot for 6hrs. Squeezed with a garlic press to get all the oil out of bud. I fill caps and eat that. Just wondering if there is a better way.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

View attachment 74261
Does any of the resin heads fall off in the wash, and if so, do you, or can you collect them?

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Great plants. Your going to have some work ahead.
How do you process the cbd? I have a nice cherry wine. I did a coconut oil cook. Chopped bud in with oil in a chip dip crockpot for 6hrs. Squeezed with a garlic press to get all the oil out of bud. I fill caps and eat that. Just wondering if there is a better way.

All my indoors and outdoors “ top quality “ get trimmed by nail Magnifier and by hand (medium buds if good same but cbd and cbg and small buds I out through the machine after it’s been dried on the line ) . Method is always dry hung @ 60-62% humidty for 7-14 days in darkness and waited intill the stems are almost to be “ cracked” on main stem, key is to check multiple stems and once the stems start cacking a little it , get started cause Next step is to put everything in storage containers and with 62% humidty silica cell ( I use brand interga boost instead of boveda cause they dom’t freeze up over time and they wil “ retain” fresh and over humidty if they are dry ) next step is burping (10-14 says) I do this for 30-1hr .start at longer minutes and go down gradually. Point of this is to never Ofer do anything and have everything go as slow as possible but never mold the plant . to check if your in approver humidty % before storage of your bud, I would use a humidty probe and let it sit in the container and then relook at it ( you want 60-62%)

twister t4 ( on medium buds that are cbd/cbg not worthy of hang trimming and small buds of thc )

now for long term ( less than 1 month storage use a 5 gal food grade bucket for trimming or jar or w/e fits your needs ) I would suggest use a “ permanent “ seal on your product and to trustee it’s terps and quality intill you use it. Once I started doing this vs storing it jars or vacuuming or other ways . Man it did me wonders and my bud smells like it just was harvested . Key is if it’s already damaged by terp damage of light damage , bad environmental stability or well humdity whole time after harvest, the terps and quality can be whipped so easily .

this brand works and it doesn’t damage the bud and if you do not need have enough for one bag of one pheno , out your bud in zip locks or food grade bags and then the mighty bag and have them labeled . ( only 2 bucks ish per bag ) = key is get your shit in the bag as quick as you can and it’s a game changer

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
h202 wash should only be done only if your ( in my opinion )

1. Have pest problems
2.pm , if you have budrot = clean any bud rot pieces with iso, meaning remove the budrot pieces and you can’t the infected but you can save the not infected ( clean your scissors and your hands inbetween uses like a doctor) after all budrot removed , then do the wash if it’s needed .
3. Live with lots of dust or contamination or issues with such or random things that go into your buds. You don’t wanna smoke it eh

if The factor is worth doing the h2o2 wash, then do it. Not hard and it will make your personal level way more safe vs “ risking “ & gambling such things

budrot:

D

Deleted member 60

dunno how the Summer played out for you overall...but if you didn't have much rain the plants just weren't trained for such abuses. I've had it happen here. Without occasional rain the branches just aren't set up for dealing with the added weight. Boom...down they go. On wetter years I saw less breakage. That's my take anyway (old bro-science) I always wimp out and stake the shit out of things to be safe.

Been DRY here....20% humidity......and i found rot yesterday myself. Here it's about bud density and the high altitude sun. It roasts em from the inside out, I think.... Either way...the trim is on here. Good luck man!