2020 outdoor preparation

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I get pellets for the slugs. They are the most brutal of enemies around me. I’ve learned the hard way not to even bother unless I combat those bitches. I usually piss around the areas and buy deer and rabbit detours to spray in big circles surrounding my plants. Seems to work great. More info on light schedule may help me fine tune thanks for bringing that up
for the deer ... 1 egg per gallon in water. Let it it in the sun and fester. Pour that around anything you don't want deer to eat. Lasts a while and deer don't even like being in the vicinity of it. Got that as a tip for Hosta growing and it works amazingly well!

I like raspberrys for cover that will still be there come harvest time. In a garden atmosphere, you can also use floating row covers over a pit grow. From above, nobody would know the pit was there, especially with some legit taller plants around it. That cover lets in 90% light or some such.

Walmart's got those fake flowers......:)

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
for the deer ... 1 egg per gallon in water. Let it it in the sun and fester. Pour that around anything you don't want deer to eat. Lasts a while and deer don't even like being in the vicinity of it. Got that as a tip for Hosta growing and it works amazingly well!

I like raspberrys for cover that will still be there come harvest time. In a garden atmosphere, you can also use floating row covers over a pit grow. From above, nobody would know the pit was there, especially with some legit taller plants around it. That cover lets in 90% light or some such.

I can do that! Eggs are cheap and I'm good at making shit rot!! 😄

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder

Awesome great tips I like the egg trick does that help with rabbits too?

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder

Raspberry’s mmmmm I’ll eat them too how big do they get should I start from seed or buy plants?

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Yes flowers, sunflowers, tomatoes, big climbing roses bushes, castor beans plants , big hibiscus flowers bushes, BlackBerry bushes, climbing ivys, honeysuckle, anything that stays green long throughout year and make it look like a garden / flower area best u can..
In guerilla grows id grow in brush piles, then when they have buds on em id throw more brush on top of em.
O bout 10-15 yrs ago i had 4-5 nice females in ditch line bout 2 weeks b4 harvest. It was first time i used molasses in flower. I mixed sum aloe, coconut water, and molasses to give em one last drink. Well when i waterd them i pourd that mix on ground underneath plants and sum splashed up on main stalks.
Didnt think much of it. I came back to see them and every plant was choppd down from squirrels cause they was licking and eating the sweetness off stalks from molasses.. Leason learned.

Then another year i had 7-8 in a spot they was so top heavy with big soda can colas. Prolly a 3-4 lbs between all of em. I went on Friday night to check on em they was loving life. I thought id wait to harvest them on monday 3 days from time i seen them last. I go back monday night and whole area was mowd down from county workers. Lol u talk bout feeling like a dumb ass.. Lol.. If id of only pulled them on that friday.. Lol.

The one year the cops flew over my back deck and house. I had 4 bushes taking up whole deck. I new they flew from neighbor and my kids told me. I came home and had neighbor help me hide them in woods. Next day cops kicked in door thinking i still had them on my upstairs balcony deck. Nope sorry popo wtf u talkn bout no plants here? That made them pissed off. To leave empty handed. Lol
But i will say the next year they busted me on deck with little 2 week old starts.. But they will fly over small grows here.. Ive learned the hard way.
Hope the plant ideas on hiding helps.
All I’ve done is gurilla grows had a buddy who had 20 monsters lined up and the chopper huvered above his pond for ten minutes and must of not have seen them. He chopped them after they flew away but they never came back. Can’t believe they didn’t see them. Then I hear about my neighbor who does massive grows from what I’ve heard near where I live gets popped every now and then. He got cought cops kicked in the door he was out a few days later to harvest the rest of the crop. Like he never missed a beat. Lol. 😜

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Dollar store has them fake flowers. Maybe cheaper too.

Red Christmas balls look like tomatos from a distance.
Giant sunflowers are nice too. People look at the sunflowers and don't pay attention to the other plants.
Great thread @High kev Regards the artificial flowers pay the money & get quality ones they'll will last a lot longer outdoors.
It’s gonna be a nice outdoor season I can’t wait

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
Hey dude just set ur indoor timers to however many hours of light ur getting in ur area outdoors. Check online to see how many hours of sunlight u get in ur area in spring time. If its 14 hours a day tgen set indoir to 14 a day. ✌
If you do less than 14 hrs won't ur plants start to flower? I think the main thing to avoid would be to put plants under 24hrs light and then drop them outside. If the light is increasing outside every day they'll keep vegging as long as ur careful with ur light cycle. Even if you drop them out and initially they show a bit of flower please don't panic as that is common and will revert back into veg.

D

Deleted member 60

It'll be close....especially if you use clones. Seed plants may be OK...

I'm forced to do what I do here....which is go from 24/0 to outside......and I time all of that so when I put them out first week of June or so...they spend that next 2 weeks a bit confused...but never re-veg....and fall right into line and drop into flower/start to show by mid july. I personally never feel/see that plants that reveg offer as much yield at the end. there's a timeline, IMO....and when you interrupt that you take a hit everytime.

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
It'll be close....especially if you use clones. Seed plants may be OK...

I'm forced to do what I do here....which is go from 24/0 to outside......and I time all of that so when I put them out first week of June or so...they spend that next 2 weeks a bit confused...but never re-veg....and fall right into line and drop into flower/start to show by mid july. I personally never feel/see that plants that reveg offer as much yield at the end. there's a timeline, IMO....and when you interrupt that you take a hit everytime.
Just curious why you are forced to go from 24/0 to outside?

Bruno8437

Super Active Member
I had some clones of Maui Wowie and Gold Leaf last year that I vegged 18/6 over the winter. As Spring aproached, I cut the light to match daylight hours here. The plants went into flower and produced some larf. I trimmed off the larf and planted them outside in mid-May. The girls were confused for a couple of weeks but came back strong. The plants stayed shorter than the previous year and probably yielded less but I don't care about huge yields.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
If you do less than 14 hrs won't ur plants start to flower? I think the main thing to avoid would be to put plants under 24hrs light and then drop them outside. If the light is increasing outside every day they'll keep vegging as long as ur careful with ur light cycle. Even if you drop them out and initially they show a bit of flower please don't panic as that is common and will revert back into veg.
Ya id say they wood prolly go to flowering if u went from 24-0 to outside of 14-10. But if u start them in veg at like 16-8 then slowly wirkd down to 14-10 like outdoors theyd not flip and wood stay veggn. If any of time changes are drastically then ya theyd flip to flower. Gotta start them young at 16-8 for a week or 2 then slowly go to 15-7 then next week 14-10 or whatever ur light schedule is outdoors.
And i do think that clones are more susceptible to to switching to flower than a seed plant. The only time ive had them start budding outdoors was on my clones. Never have a seed plant done it to me. But if i had plans of starting them indoors to put outdoors u cant start them at a 24-0 imo. To much switch to fast will flower. And if they do flower then start to reveg ur plants wont be half as good outdoors. Just my 2 cents from my experiences. U do bring up good points tho dude.

Bruno8437

Super Active Member
Ya id say they wood prolly go to flowering if u went from 24-0 to outside of 14-10. But if u start them in veg at like 16-8 then slowly wirkd down to 14-10 like outdoors theyd not flip and wood stay veggn. If any of time changes are drastically then ya theyd flip to flower. Gotta start them young at 16-8 for a week or 2 then slowly go to 15-7 then next week 14-10 or whatever ur light schedule is outdoors.
And i do think that clones are more susceptible to to switching to flower than a seed plant. The only time ive had them start budding outdoors was on my clones. Never have a seed plant done it to me. But if i had plans of starting them indoors to put outdoors u cant start them at a 24-0 imo. To much switch to fast will flower. And if they do flower then start to reveg ur plants wont be half as good outdoors. Just my 2 cents from my experiences. U do bring up good points tho dude.
True dat. The key is slowly walking them down to 14/10. I agree that clones are more susceptible.