2020 outdoor preparation

beefterpene

What’s the minimum amount of light needed for plants not to flower?
I seriously wouldn't push it under 14. I've had early May outdoor try to bloom before and that's where I am for daylight not including twilight, I'm two mins behind terpy with 5:17 civil twilight and 5:48 Sun up (14 hrs 7 mins not including twilight).

Clones are more temperamental than seed plants ime as well. Have had no issues going out end of May/ begining of June with seed plants coming out of 24 hr before and some clones will try it coming out of 18/6 too. Cultivar dependent really, you have to think genetically a equatorial sativa will be genetically disposed to 12/12 (or close to) from seed. Just like there are some highland cold weather varieties that don't start flowering til well into August but wrap up before Octover 15th. You won't find a real answere to the question aside from looking into.

I guess you definitely don't want to flirt the line of flowering when you put them out and then reverting. It's a waste of up to a month with the confusion, stall and revert. Plus those ugly ass stress leaves. The unruly structure can be fun to turn into a Bush but if that's the case just fully flower it out indoor then fully revert to veg before putting outside.

Sorry for getting long winded but going out top early is worse than starting too late IMO

beefterpene

Well if 4 are allowed outside...4 must go outside. 4 x 4 is operational in the garage for the transition. They were started in coco and are now in soil.
With the timber full out i hit 68F RH is 70% but it is veg...and that tent has light leaks all over the place. VEG is my friend

This week the seeds should be here and i will start the veg in here ....its time to get cracking our weather is improving tremendously. I am aiming for a May 24 planting....

I will put a fan in there today. We are a go. I was going to buy bigger planter but...i think i am just going to use a 27 gallon tote and drill holes in it for plant #4.

Happy Frog and Promix. Water only for a long while

View attachment 57540
A suggestion for the tub, put more holes than you think you will need, not only in the bottom but a good 3" up the side. Tubs are great but the depth needs more air to fully dry the bottom. You'll notice them want to fill the tub more. It's a tad more work but the difference of a couple days drying time is definitely worth it to the lower root zone.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
A suggestion for the tub, put more holes than you think you will need, not only in the bottom but a good 3" up the side. Tubs are great but the depth needs more air to fully dry the bottom. You'll notice them want to fill the tub more. It's a tad more work but the difference of a couple days drying time is definitely worth it to the lower root zone.
Thanks for the tip. i will fill the bottom 2 inches with hydroton or gravel and drill a ton of holes for aeration. all over where the gravel/pellets are.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Plant 1 going in the 2 x 4 raised bed I made lol

Purple punch white grape phenol she's a beauty clone. 6 gallon soil pot started in coco
20200507_105855.jpg
20200507_105900.jpg
Dubstep clone the purple pheno
20200507_105922.jpg
Eros seeds lv5k I think or twinkle tart
20200507_105907.jpg
And a GMO cake I am going to see which one

This tent can be used to pollinate and stuff in the garage with 460 watts of 3k cobs.

It is on!