2020 outdoor preparation

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
So I just spoke with a buddy who’s down to do a backyard grow, garden style. I’m super stoked being all I’ve ever done is gurilla patches that I can’t really get at very well. His property borders a creek and has great soil and real easy digging. We will be planting in his old garden screw the tomatoes this year. and probably a few other spots. He’s got a massive compost pile that’s been collecting for years. I was going to be bringing all my left over indoor grow pots to blend in as well. We will use a tiller to blend it all up garden style. I could really use some good ideas for a feeding schedule and any treatments to make this sickly purple growth not come back this year. 631D2F2C-1FF7-4196-8054-78B84DBBA20F.jpegEB13F286-A28E-486E-A0BD-020982E920E7.jpegF7E42A93-5EF1-4E39-BE0A-FF52A1BBE392.jpeg25DE9C35-47EA-4294-B750-FDAE0C272BF4.jpeg0CEA8447-D3FE-4B61-8615-1ABA7A690D6D.jpegF47B2B77-F34C-4B3D-B5E2-2D52AC6DC5B9.jpegC0C3B101-2265-443E-B24E-6C5A7490AA7D.jpeg3ADC91C0-1AF1-4F67-A6C0-C1005D9F945A.jpeg This purple growth started in veg. Temps were dipping and due might have something to do with it but idk. Any tips, suggestions, or criticism are highly encouraged to help this be the most successful possible grow. Thank u

D

Deleted member 60

I've looked/kept my eye out for info on this BS to no avail. Gotta be a fungus of some sort....but what?

either way...something I would do is to buy this product....and use it throughout your grow. I only use it here when it is damp...which isn't often but can happen...especially in the Fall/when the buds are fat and ripe for rot.
I can't guarantee that it will do shit.....but i have my suspicions that it might. For $125.....and that gallon should last all year....maybe 2....it's money well spent IMO. If we knew what this was we could zone in better and say for sure...but if it's a fungal thing this may well take care of it. It sure won't hurt anything to try. Notice that it is a >>preventative< you use before you see funk happeneing...not after the fact

Your plan sounds good. My only alteration would be that I might think hard about doing at least a few in 30 gal smarties....or a tad larger if you feel like superman. That way...IF something happened...early frost....etc...etc. or worse....you might be able to drag em inside/etc. Just a thought.

Also...make sure your mix is light and doesn't compact/etc. and offers good drainage if you are going in the ground and it rains a lot there @ times. Friends in the midwest watched their plants pretty much drown last year cus the holes (too small, IMO) were in clay and the mix was lighter...so it filled the hole right up with water when it rained (for days).....then it all rotted.

gonna be fun to see what you guys come up with.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Old compost will probably solve everything. Not much better you can do.

Your friend is gonna grow like stiicky?? I wish I could but I have had the 5-0 chopper hovering over my backyard before. Your bro ain't worried?
He is retired and isn’t really worried about it. It will be hard for the choppers to spot them in this location but it is possible. Which comes to one of my next questions of how to hide them. His lawn is on big garden kinda with all flowers and gardens and apet cemetery and all. I once seen a video of people putting fake flowers 🌸 in the middle of the plants to throw off what they really are being his yard has all this it would blend pretty well. Any thoughts on what might work and what won’t work is appreciated

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
True, that is always a comfort..lol
I was trimming a few plants indoors and helicopters were literally circling the place. But I figured out it was a training or something because they did the same route over anf over.
Also an airport near another spot of mine. They are close to the ground because of it landing and phew at first it took some getting used to. But in the 30+ years in the same spot. Only other scumbags on the ground who found out through word of mouth took em, once, a long time ago. Now I dont tell anyone.

So whats the beat light schedule to have em at? 14-10 is what I heard, I also heard 24-0. I dont know what to believe.
Also if I veg for 8 weeks inside can I identify the males without changing light schedules? I think yes.
Also i heard over a foot tall and the animals are less likely to eat it because it lost the seedling appeal. Deee, groundhogs, slugs, rabbits.

Eggshells have been known to help keep the slugs away and beer but beer washes away. So imma keep my eggshells i think.
Honey why do you have a box if eggshells under the sink??!?!?!?! Hahaha

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I've looked/kept my eye out for info on this BS to no avail. Gotta be a fungus of some sort....but what?

either way...something I would do is to buy this product....and use it throughout your grow. I only use it here when it is damp...which isn't often but can happen...especially in the Fall/when the buds are fat and ripe for rot.
I can't guarantee that it will do shit.....but i have my suspicions that it might. For $125.....and that gallon should last all year....maybe 2....it's money well spent IMO. If we knew what this was we could zone in better and say for sure...but if it's a fungal thing this may well take care of it. It sure won't hurt anything to try. Notice that it is a >>preventative< you use before you see funk happeneing...not after the fact

Your plan sounds good. My only alteration would be that I might think hard about doing at least a few in 30 gal smarties....or a tad larger if you feel like superman. That way...IF something happened...early frost....etc...etc. or worse....you might be able to drag em inside/etc. Just a thought.

Also...make sure your mix is light and doesn't compact/etc. and offers good drainage if you are going in the ground and it rains a lot there @ times. Friends in the midwest watched their plants pretty much drown last year cus the holes (too small, IMO) were in clay and the mix was lighter...so it filled the hole right up with water when it rained (for days).....then it all rotted.

gonna be fun to see what you guys come up with.
Thanks sticky I’m def going to pick that up good lookin out. This is the some of the awesome info I need from you guys thank u

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
He is retired and isn’t really worried about it. It will be hard for the choppers to spot them in this location but it is possible. Which comes to one of my next questions of how to hide them. His lawn is on big garden kinda with all flowers and gardens and apet cemetery and all. I once seen a video of people putting fake flowers 🌸 in the middle of the plants to throw off what they really are being his yard has all this it would blend pretty well. Any thoughts on what might work and what won’t work is appreciated
shit my old man grew sunflowers and bamboo around his!

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I was trimming a few plants indoors and helicopters were literally circling the place. But I figured out it was a training or something because they did the same route over anf over.
Also an airport near another spot of mine. They are close to the ground because of it landing and phew at first it took some getting used to. But in the 30+ years in the same spot. Only other scumbags on the ground who found out through word of mouth took em, once, a long time ago. Now I dont tell anyone.

So whats the beat light schedule to have em at? 14-10 is what I heard, I also heard 24-0. I dont know what to believe.
Also if I veg for 8 weeks inside can I identify the males without changing light schedules? I think yes.
Also i heard over a foot tall and the animals are less likely to eat it because it lost the seedling appeal. Deee, groundhogs, slugs, rabbits.

Eggshells have been known to help keep the slugs away and beer but beer washes away. So imma keep my eggshells i think.
Honey why do you have a box if eggshells under the sink??!?!?!?! Hahaha
I get pellets for the slugs. They are the most brutal of enemies around me. I’ve learned the hard way not to even bother unless I combat those bitches. I usually piss around the areas and buy deer and rabbit detours to spray in big circles surrounding my plants. Seems to work great. More info on light schedule may help me fine tune thanks for bringing that up

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I get pellets for the slugs. They are the most brutal of enemies around me. I’ve learned the hard way not to even bother unless I combat those bitches. I usually piss around the areas and buy deer and rabbit detours to spray in big circles surrounding my plants. Seems to work great. More info on light schedule may help me fine tune thanks for bringing that up
@Rosinallday swears by 14 10 but hes in Oregon so I dono if its the same. I imagine it would be....

D

Deleted member 60

The webpage from the manufacturer of Regalia has a page about cannabis.....so heck...it might be worth a try to email them a pic of that purple shit and ask them if they know WTF it is.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Yes flowers, sunflowers, tomatoes, big climbing roses bushes, castor beans plants , big hibiscus flowers bushes, BlackBerry bushes, climbing ivys, honeysuckle, anything that stays green long throughout year and make it look like a garden / flower area best u can..
In guerilla grows id grow in brush piles, then when they have buds on em id throw more brush on top of em.
O bout 10-15 yrs ago i had 4-5 nice females in ditch line bout 2 weeks b4 harvest. It was first time i used molasses in flower. I mixed sum aloe, coconut water, and molasses to give em one last drink. Well when i waterd them i pourd that mix on ground underneath plants and sum splashed up on main stalks.
Didnt think much of it. I came back to see them and every plant was choppd down from squirrels cause they was licking and eating the sweetness off stalks from molasses.. Leason learned.

Then another year i had 7-8 in a spot they was so top heavy with big soda can colas. Prolly a 3-4 lbs between all of em. I went on Friday night to check on em they was loving life. I thought id wait to harvest them on monday 3 days from time i seen them last. I go back monday night and whole area was mowd down from county workers. Lol u talk bout feeling like a dumb ass.. Lol.. If id of only pulled them on that friday.. Lol.

The one year the cops flew over my back deck and house. I had 4 bushes taking up whole deck. I new they flew from neighbor and my kids told me. I came home and had neighbor help me hide them in woods. Next day cops kicked in door thinking i still had them on my upstairs balcony deck. Nope sorry popo wtf u talkn bout no plants here? That made them pissed off. To leave empty handed. Lol
But i will say the next year they busted me on deck with little 2 week old starts.. But they will fly over small grows here.. Ive learned the hard way.
Hope the plant ideas on hiding helps.