Who’s up for a new 2021 contest? Brainstorming thread

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I participated in the UGC which turned into a circus after few days and mainly became a joke. Which was disappointing since I took it seriously. I didn't do the second UGC since I was still disappointed with the first one. I watched the second one fizzle out after a while. After two failed grow contests I don't think I'd bother with a grow contest here since it isn't likey to finish in any meaningful way. Sorry to be a downer.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
I'm going to put together another competition like the Mystery Meat Competition I did over at RIU a few years back. I will be pairing up with another breeder to make a Mystery Pack of beans. I will start a signup sheet later today for anyone who wants to enter and will go into more details about the rules and cutoff dates.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm going to put together another competition like the Mystery Meat Competition I did over at RIU a few years back. I will be pairing up with another breeder to make a Mystery Pack of beans. I will start a signup sheet later today for anyone who wants to enter and will go into more details about the rules and cutoff dates.
If you could work into it that potential contestants pay a nominal fee for shipping, it might get more investment in the contest.

Just spit-balling

Let me know.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I still stand by my position that there has to be a definitive "win" before a contest can be a success.

Nothing special or hard, just a set goal, and a judge or panel of judges - like the contest proprietors.

I don't like popularity votes. Not fair if you are the popular guy or the evil bitch like me :)

Skunkle Justin

If there is any interest in an ugliest plant contest, I’d love to host it. I’ve always wanted to do it and if enough people participate we could even come up with a prize. It won’t be a popularity contest, because nobody will really be a winner in an ugly bitch contest. It shouldn’t be very taxing on resources or space because it should be growing under the porch or next to the attic window. Use CFL bulbs and let that PM set in. Fuck it—sprinkle some aphids on it and feed it sand or something. If the contest is “all in good fun” nobody should get butt-hurt when a winner/loser is declared. Maybe a good laugh is due after clicking on nothing but bullshit and hate on our phones for the last year