Who’s up for a new 2021 contest? Brainstorming thread

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lol this is what I said from the get go same strain and a flip date other than that unrestricted.

I can supply the beans ( regs ) I have 2 separate crosses that could be avail if you wanted to see a variety. (one cross to each contestant).

We can come up with a few winning parameters but weight just won’t be one I’ve seen too many cheat the weight part of a contest.
But if the only judge is the chucker, he can set the parameters. I personally don't care if I get weight, as long as what's there is primo.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Some people might only have room to have a little one gallon side grow. That's cool. I don't think weight would ever be succesfully used in a contest on line, so size shouldn't matter

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well I can supply two crosses made by Me, both are reg seed and we can get the a contest going on.
If we want to actually do this there needs to be some lead time - mailing beans, clearing a spot in the tent, etc.

What if we shoot for 4/20 as one of the dates? If we have a 6 week veg and flip 4/20, that puts a start date early March. Too long to wait?

Dis39

Really Active Member
If we want to actually do this there needs to be some lead time - mailing beans, clearing a spot in the tent, etc.

What if we shoot for 4/20 as one of the dates? If we have a 6 week veg and flip 4/20, that puts a start date early March. Too long to wait?
Id like to start something sooner, but also on 4/20. 2 contests in that time.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,

That could work man I’m not in a rush to get this off the ground, and I’ve ran the seeds and the parents so I don’t need to see what they can do as I already know.

Meatman

Meat Master
I’m down fems would be easier cause if I guy has room for 2 plants and had 2 males than there just out that kinda sux but I’m up for whatever

Dis39

Really Active Member
Maybe we can find a breeder with fems to donate for shipping cost+2x beans, if you dont already have access to the beans from your own coffers or your buds. A sponsored event so to speak. Breeder gets a buncha folks running his/her genetics, puts up a prize pack for the winner. Breeder, or Breeders team judges. Breeder would already have the logistics in place to deliver promptly.

Edit: Auto fems would let folks bang out a contest without altering their cycles and would let us finish before 4/20, not pushing this hard, but its an option.