What did you do today?

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Have you grown the Orgi F2's yet?
Nope, first time with any Brisco varieties. I have 4 now starting or growing.
In fact every one of these varieties is new to me. Except the romulan, kush, jack, NL, Haze, and Skunks.

We have been kind of isolated here. Stopped ordering from Canada after Emery's bust, and overseas sellers due to losing 3 of 4 shipments, too much money and then questionable quality with the one order we did get through Chicago customs.

The 4 growers I know, "The Keepers Of The Strains", all have been running the same varieties or making x's of those for years.

Keeping only the best ofc. Some from as far back as Emery. With a few "newer" ones from clones provided by friends of friends etc. All with questionable origins and names.

I'm excited about all the new genetics and availability from US breeders and sellers. :)

Since I haven't bought any smoke in over 20 yrs, I have never even smoked any of these varieties.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Nope, first time with any Brisco varieties. I have 4 now starting or growing.
In fact every one of these varieties is new to me. Except the romulan, kush, jack, NL, Haze, and Skunks.

We have been kind of isolated here. Stopped ordering from Canada after Emery's bust, and overseas sellers due to losing 3 of 4 shipments, too much money and then questionable quality with the one order we did get through Chicago customs.

The 4 growers I know, "The Keepers Of The Strains", all have been running the same varieties or making x's of those for years.

Keeping only the best ofc. Some from as far back as Emery. With a few "newer" ones from clones provided by friends of friends etc. All with questionable origins and names.

I'm excited about all the new genetics and availability from US breeders and sellers. :)

Since I haven't bought any smoke in over 20 yrs, I have never even smoked any of these varieties.

Theres some gems in those Orgi F2's.
I had problems multiple times recieving stuff through the port in CHI as well. Those MF are on their game for real. Glad to be buying from US breeders through US banks the last 5 years or so. I havent had the dreaded "green tape" in a minute myself. Looking forward to seeing what you get on yor run.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Bought a new tool this week. I live in a loong rancher and my water supply is at the opposite end of the house from were i grow. Kept telling myself no problem it will keep me fit. Now that i have my new cart it is amazing all the stuff i haul in there. Really helps a lot plus 500 lb rating. Amazon was the cheapest i saw 80 usd.but well worth it.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 60

This was one of those "Someday I'll learn to keep my mouth shut" kinda things. I talked my neighbor out of "rebuilding" some really old, shitty fuckin' cabinets last Summer...and found an entire kitchen....cherry cabs and granite tops...on Crazedlist for $900. Amazingly...as we started to put it in his house...it totally fit. I got suckered in early on because he'd never set cabinets before...and I know where that shit goes. So I helped him put them in...and that snowballed into doing the finish trim (a $1000 of cherry trim wood/corners).....and then....after months of indecision on what to do to fill the only space that there wasn't a cabinet for....his G/F bought these bare cherry panels for a wine rack....and I cobbled it all together with the leftover pieces of end paneling & trim. Had 3 ft of trimboard leftover in total when we finished... took me 3 days to make it...fucking nothing was SQUARE....

And I don't even like wine! She IS a great cook though....and they are always asking us up for dinner....so it's a good trade. He also has a skid steer..... uhhhum...

Now I'm free to do my thing here/rip into my bathroom/build the 2 "pavillions" I ordered to cover my vintage camper.. Just some corner trim/flat trim left...and we're waiting on that cus the cabinet folks screwed up the order. A few hours at best. Super Glue Gel is your friend.
IMG_0772.jpg

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Ran errands, cleaned the house, made dinner and enjoyed my day off with my babies. What made it even better was my favorite Uncle hooked his favorite nephew up with some off his amazing bubble. It's smells like I threw up Rice Krispie treats. Best way I can explain it. The high is instance and uplifting but also very soothing. I could've sat relaxed for hours but my mind wouldn't allow it. I had to be active and active I was. Got Soo much done and the pain relief in my hands was insane. It rained today so I was really feeling it in my hands and this magic shit right here really helped with the inflammation. Then got so high it didn't matter anymore.IMG_20190912_032421.jpgIMG_20190912_044916.jpgIMG_20190911_173856.jpg

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I worked in grow roomz till 2 am...then I was up at 630am. Cut my front and back lawn and watered the 1 plant I have outside. Then headed out and cut 2 more lawns. Got home smoked a big joint of copper chem. Now im lazy as heck lol and Chinese looking.
But I have to go out and pick up the better half and grab my garbage and blue box bins. So I thought id stop in and make a few posts and get back to people who pm me.

With all that said I sure hope everyone has a good day today.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Man do i remember that windowpane of 74. Still to this day certain scenes pop into my head from doing that. I can remember the coming down on that high was pretty rough. But the visuals holy crap they were intense. I can remember one time setting under a holy tree that was dripping in sap or syrup or something.
There was a bunch of us on Windowpane. I looked over and there was a guy on the coffee table, squatted down with arms tucked, "cackling" like a damn hen chicken sitting on an egg. lol
Steering wheel would drip right out of your hands. lol
Thanks for another "trip" down "Memory Lane!

GCG

Dinosaur
There was a bunch of us on Windowpane. I looked over and there was a guy on the coffee table, squatted down with arms tucked, "cackling" like a damn hen chicken sitting on an egg. lol
Steering wheel would drip right out of your hands. lol
Thanks for another "trip" down "Memory Lane!
Windowpane from mid/late 80's was thick. Ate multiple hits with friend than had drinking comp. Astronomical numbers of beers until a couple hours in rhe alcohol caught up to my buddy. He went from tripping hard to sloppy sick drunk instantly. Drank one more smoked a fatty and colored on him with a Sharpe when he passed out.
Oh to be young.....

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Windowpane from mid/late 80's was thick. Ate multiple hits with friend than had drinking comp. Astronomical numbers of beers until a couple hours in rhe alcohol caught up to my buddy. He went from tripping hard to sloppy sick drunk instantly. Drank one more smoked a fatty and colored on him with a Sharpe when he passed out.
Oh to be young.....
Me and a buddy skipped school, about the time we started peaking, for some reason I dropped him off back at the school. LMAO!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Well i applied a new sticker today on my flower room door. It was from a friend of mine out west @spyralout . Thanks Buddy i have had that same hound on my avatar since i started on the forums. The sticker below that is from a friend that works at NASA. I told him i wanted to convert the closet into a new flower room. He said no problem. Couple weeks later be brings me his note book that has about a dozen pages of math and says it will work great. Typical government stuff i did not have to abort my first run but is was close. Had some serious concerns but made it to the end. Totally redesigned everything now it works well.LOLnew sticker 002.JPG

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Well i applied a new sticker today on my flower room door. It was from a friend of mine out west @spyralout . Thanks Buddy i have had that same hound on my avatar since i started on the forums. The sticker below that is from a friend that works at NASA. I told him i wanted to convert the closet into a new flower room. He said no problem. Couple weeks later be brings me his note book that has about a dozen pages of math and says it will work great. Typical government stuff i did not have to abort my first run but is was close. Had some serious concerns but made it to the end. Totally redesigned everything now it works well.LOLView attachment 21704
Nice spot Cap'n! Looking good (y)

D

Deleted member 60

More fun @ the Old Folks Home. We bought 2 of these from Blowe's to use as covers over the vintage '57 camper. Without a cover...she wouldn't last 10 more years. The snow weight in just too much....not to mention I'm already tired of climbing the ladder to brush her roof off after every snowfall....

Had to buy replacement 10' long 4 x 4's (in place of 8 ft'ers) for the sides so it would clear the top of the camper....but otherwise...I'm really impressed with the quality/beefiness of these kits.

Not impressed I have to stain the fuckers....but it's the right thing to do.....so yeah....gotta do it.

Gonna give this 2 more days (will get one structure done, I hope) then I'm gonna head into demo mode on the bathroom remodel project and let this fun sit for a bit.

Tryin to get a buncha shit done before the harvest hits and the snow flies. So much for sitting on my ass during "retirement".........heehee...

b0349a7fdf6e9b4b7c3b968b9aef6cba.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
More fun @ the Old Folks Home. We bought 2 of these from Blowe's to use as covers over the vintage '57 camper. Without a cover...she wouldn't last 10 more years. The snow weight in just too much....not to mention I'm already tired of climbing the ladder to brush her roof off after every snowfall....

Had to buy replacement 10' long 4 x 4's (in place of 8 ft'ers) for the sides so it would clear the top of the camper....but otherwise...I'm really impressed with the quality/beefiness of these kits.

Not impressed I have to stain the fuckers....but it's the right thing to do.....so yeah....gotta do it.

Gonna give this 2 more days (will get one structure done, I hope) then I'm gonna head into demo mode on the bathroom remodel project and let this fun sit for a bit.

Tryin to get a buncha shit done before the harvest hits and the snow flies. So much for sitting on my ass during "retirement".........heehee...

View attachment 21786
Hey @stiickygreen if any of that lumber from Blowes is treated you might want to wait till spring to stain. There is a lot of moisture content in that treated wood. You probable know this aleady but incase you did not thought i would let you know.

D

Deleted member 60

Hey @stiickygreen if any of that lumber from Blowes is treated you might want to wait till spring to stain. There is a lot of moisture content in that treated wood. You probable know this aleady but incase you did not thought i would let you know.
It's a transparent weatherproofing.....not technically a stain (like with color/etc.). I've used it in my greenhouse and had no problems with it. Just too hard to stain it later/in place/while sitting over the camper.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Last night at 10 i started a pork shoulder on the BBq. I made 5 smoke pouches out of soaked apple hardwood chunks.
Woke up at 1/3/5 and added new pouches. I am old so i get up anyway and now its put to good use.

Motherinlaw once removed is coming over for lunch right at kick off and we are having pulled pork sandwhiches and hickory ripple chips with some sweat tea and salads.

I got this Napolean BBQ 11 years ago from the fancy BBQ store..900 bucks wow thats crazy but i got it...11 years and its still working but its getting to the end of its life. What a grill. You do get what you pay for if you pay a little more and get Canada or USA made (vermont castings are awesome grills).

Hour 10 with 2 more to go then wrapped in foil for 1 more hour and rest until time to shred and sauce it.

I love cooking but grilling....when you nail it with fire people tend to smile.
DSCF2606.JPG

Attachments