What did you do today?

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
Well the smoke fest was a success. I'm still learning the smoker and different techniques, but every batch was better than the last. Made my own brine on the last batch and realized it was much better than the mixes I was buying, go figure, lol. View attachment 20307View attachment 20308View attachment 20309
That looks really good. Love me some fish
I would take a fresh caught fish (preferably grouper) over any cut of meat any day

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Well the smoke fest was a success. I'm still learning the smoker and different techniques, but every batch was better than the last. Made my own brine on the last batch and realized it was much better than the mixes I was buying, go figure, lol. View attachment 20307View attachment 20308View attachment 20309
Dude driving through Humboldt there are little salmon smoke shacks on the side of the road. They let you try little samplers then bust out with the prices. It's like $40/lb and that was over 15 years ago lol.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Blocks? Or using some sort of frame like to pour cement and use the seasons/gravity to guide? :unsure:
They claim it's a different combination of Limestone blocks. Granite passages.
King n Queens chambers tuned to F#minor. Covered with a pure white Limestone different from the other blocks. Built like a giant spark plug or its a "Fractional distillation apparatus" to make Ethanol/Grain alcohol.
Now Cusco? It is the shit. lol
The "polygonal blocks" 1 has 12 sides.
You gotta ask, why? Why did they do this? Not to mention moving and fitting them precisely without any mortar. Joints are so tight still to this day. Predeluvian build by giants?

Last edited:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Dude driving through Humboldt there are little salmon smoke shacks on the side of the road. They let you try little samplers then bust out with the prices. It's like $40/lb and that was over 15 years ago lol.
I know man it's outrageous. I was on a site the other day selling fresh red salmon shipped to your door. 10ln for $200. By that math we brought home around 5k in fish. The trip didn't even cost that much, lol.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
They claim it's a different combination of Limestone blocks. Granite passages.
King n Queens chambers tuned to F#minor. Covered with a pure white Limestone different from the other blocks. Built like a giant spark plug or its a "Fractional distillation apparatus" to make Ethanol/Grain alcohol.
Now Cusco? It is the shit. lol
The "polygonal blocks" 1 has 12 sides.
You gotta ask, why? Why did they do this? Not to mention moving and fitting them precisely without any mortar. Joints are so tight still to this day. Predeluvian build by giants?
Gimme a sec to digest that o_O๐Ÿคฏ
12 months = 1 year
12 hours = 1/2 day
A calendar clock or timer of some sorts? Or their measurements may have been different.

jpcyan

Really Active Member
So, how does one, 135lb guy lift 65lb, 30'x3' ft sheets of metal roofing up to the roof by himself?
hehe. Very Carefully!

I used a metal frame that once held a fuel oil tank as a support. This things weighs close to 300lbs and was a real B**** to move across the yard .
I used a 4 inch dia. piece of schedule 40 PVC as a roller and pushed it ft by ft.

Once I got it in place, I added a 4 inch piece of thin walled PVC with a foam insert as a roller to one of the bars on the metal frame. Then a ladder with a wood riser, covered by a throw rug to keep from scratching the paint.

I pushed from the low end until it was almost balanced, then climbed the ladder and lifted/pushed until it was securely on the roof surface. From there I was able to get up on top and move the sheets into place.

I am no carpenter or much good at construction, but I'm damn happy with how well it turned out.

Somehow without a string line or second person, I got it all square by eye on the old crooked roof. With almost no stair step or offset metal on the low end.

Almost complete, only one more piece to install and it needs cut just a bit to fit the roofline on the house.

That was yesterday, today I'll finish the roof, and try to make some flashing.
Then on to repairing the HE clothes dryer that stopped heating.. again.

metal 1 - Copy.jpg metal 2 - Copy.jpgmetal3 - Copy.jpgmetal4 - Copy.jpgmetal 5 - Copy.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
So, how does one, 135lb guy lift 65lb, 30'x3' ft sheets of metal roofing up to the roof by himself?
hehe. Very Carefully!

I used a metal frame that once held a fuel oil tank as a support. This things weighs close to 300lbs and was a real B**** to move across the yard .
I used a 4 inch dia. piece of schedule 40 PVC as a roller and pushed it ft by ft.

Once I got it in place, I added a 4 inch piece of thin walled PVC with a foam insert as a roller to one of the bars on the metal frame. Then a ladder with a wood riser, covered by a throw rug to keep from scratching the paint.

I pushed from the low end until it was almost balanced, then climbed the ladder and lifted/pushed until it was securely on the roof surface. From there I was able to get up on top and move the sheets into place.

I am no carpenter or much good at construction, but I'm damn happy with how well it turned out.

Somehow without a string line or second person, I got it all square by eye on the old crooked roof. With almost no stair step or offset metal on the low end.

Almost complete, only one more piece to install and it needs cut just a bit to fit the roofline on the house.

That was yesterday, today I'll finish the roof, and try to make some flashing.
Then on to repairing the HE clothes dryer that stopped heating.. again.

View attachment 20624 View attachment 20625View attachment 20626View attachment 20627View attachment 20628
That's using the old engineering noodle. Nice Job! How long are those 2x8s or 2x10s ?

jpcyan

Really Active Member
In the last pic, the original boards are 2x8x16s. That's only half, on the other side of the cross members at the bottom of the pic are 2x8x14s. You can see where I tied some treated 2x8x12's along side of some of the weaker boards. With screws, nails and bolts

It once was covered with OSB and roll roofing because of the shallow slope. Whichk fell apart, rotted and damaged the beams (2x16 and 14s)

I had to sister/sandwich in quite a few 2x8x12s with new pieces of 2x8, Those were all drilled and bolted. I also added 6 additional new 4x4 posts for more structural support., and 2x10 cross members on the low end for supporting the rafter/beams.
The steel is actually much lighter than the original decking.
It certainly wouldnt pass any city code, but aint no code here, and as a repair on a tight budget and using what I could get discounted from the lumber yard, It will have to do.
Its way more structurally sound than it was.
Just getting up there once the rotten OSB was removed was scary. The whole thing wobbled with every step.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
In the last pic, the original boards are 2x8x16s. That's only half, on the other side of the cross members at the bottom of the pic are 2x8x14s. You can see where I tied some treated 2x8x12's along side of some of the weaker boards. With screws, nails and bolts

It once was covered with OSB and roll roofing because of the shallow slope. Whichk fell apart, rotted and damaged the beams (2x16 and 14s)

I had to sister/sandwich in quite a few 2x8x12s with new pieces of 2x8, Those were all drilled and bolted. I also added 6 additional new 4x4 posts for more structural support., and 2x10 cross members on the low end for supporting the rafter/beams.
The steel is actually much lighter than the original decking.
It certainly wouldnt pass any city code, but aint no code here, and as a repair on a tight budget and using what I could get discounted from the lumber yard, It will have to do.
Its way more structurally sound than it was.
Just getting up there once the rotten OSB was removed was scary. The whole thing wobbled with every step.
Nothing like some heights with unsure footing, yikes.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Haven't had any good "What I did today" stuff to post.
Today though was quite eventful.
-Woke up about 3 am, wide awake but tired.
-Coffee was great, weed was too. Lol.
-Chopped the competition plant down, really happy with the buds from that girlie. ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘
-Up potted the comp plant for a reveg, and up potted my two moms to 10 gals. Theyre now in the tent.
-Got a bit of estimating done for a client.
-Met with a client for a deposit check and they added about $7,000 additional work. Yay for clients upselling themselves. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
-Got to deposit a nice fat check in the bank. Yay!!!
Money solves lots of problems. Lol.
-Got to check out the super hot, short short wearing chick bending over repeatedly, while I waited at the bank. Holy wow yay!!! Was sad to not have a longer wait. Lmfao. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿ˜™๐Ÿ˜š
-Had the super sexy bank teller deposit my stuff.
She's really so ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. Lol. The way she flirts with me I'd say she's got the same thoughts as I do.
I just may ask her to dinner the next time I see her.
-Got my official divorce paperwork signed and notarized. I am officially single again. Been a long time since I could say that. Feels refreshing.
-Now I'm having a beer and just had to tell the world how great of a day it's been so far. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
-Next, hmmmm. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” If I wasn't on beer #2 I'd say going back to the bank might be in order. ๐Ÿ˜‰Lmfao. That bank teller just so does it for me, yyyuuuummmmyyyyyy!!!

giphy.gif