What did you do today?

SCJedi

Synergist
I wouldn't wish that commute on my enemies. Livermore to Mountain View was more than I could stomach and that was 20 years ago.
I've done it a few times. Dublin to Sunnyvale, 35 miles, sometimes took close to 2 hours. Even Los Gatos to Sunnyvale, 14 miles, gridlock started where I got on Highway 85 and ended when I got off for the office, a 35-minute crawling commute. I am currently 2.25 hours from San Jose, and that is without traffic in the middle of the night. Fortunately enough for me, I have a family home I can lay my head at during the weekdays.

SSGrower

Average Grower
Well i joined the FJ nation again today. The last one i owned was a 1988 Toyota FJ 60. That truck was a very nice two tone blue. I even had a wood grain decal made for the sides of that truck that i could no longer locate and had to make it myself. She was a rough rider had leaf springs on the front end but like all FJ's built like a tank. Today i purchased a 2012 Toyota FJ cruiser. Gloss black with a white roof. Now i am not one to drive something like every one else. I have to be different for some reason. This truck does not have the roof rack. I am going to have the white roof and the hood and mirror's shot with flat black premium linex. Some nice black matt finish mags. Shit it is probably going to look like a bad ass Hearst when i am done. LOL
I was looking at those a while back, wish I fit. No leg room or head room i'm 6'8" (0r was when I was 30). We import a lot of them to colorado most I was looking at were originally titled elsewhere. My rig is 2 dr tahoe w/elocker, 3in lift and 35s (seat mounted 3in back), not a daily driver.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Well let me see...got up today and drank coffee. Watched and read news. Been on the site since then. Guess its time for lunch then in a hour time to go to work in veg room. Just transplanted my original bruce banners to 1 gallon pots so those need a little water when thy wake up. Oh and I must waters my tiny seedling of critical orange punch and a freebie seed of franco lemon cheese.
Gee life is pretty tough today lol
At any rate I hope everyone has a nice day today. :alien:

SSGrower

Average Grower
I need to get on something like that in my area. Rather than using the tent and closet, frame a bunch of mini rooms within my hobby room. Even if I did just panda wrap, pretty sure the lady would freak out though. It’d be a lot harder to explain on house tours...
I sold this by pointing out it wouldn't be a black tent with aluminum ducting coming out of it, it will just look like a storage cabinet.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I had a 2 x 2 and 3 x 3 tent in my cart for about a week now...today what i did is decide to 86 that tent and build a damned box in my veg room. I have 4 sheets of 4 x 8 mold tough drywall, 1 bundle of 9 2 x 2s, a box of 1 3/4 inch and 2 1/2 deck screws and the tools!

I think the plan now is to build an amazing dryer and reuse my tents as veg tents again.

Or i just wall off the back of my grow room and make it a 6 x 3 1/2 foot veg room...

This straight to flower stuff is ok and all but i like 70s bush...all wild and untamed and taking up some space.

So i need a veg space to give it 40 colas and then move it into flower. To go with a side of flood and drains and bubble buckets..I have 10 gallon pots just sitting there.

In not related news...how did i not know about these trimmers before...these japanese hardened steel wonderful bonsai trimmers are like Fiskars to the power of 10 or at least 2.

I had a 2 x 2 and 3 x 3 tent in my cart for about a week now...today what i did is decide to 86 that tent and build a damned box in my veg room. I have 4 sheets of 4 x 8 mold tough drywall, 1 bundle of 9 2 x 2s, a box of 1 3/4 inch and 2 1/2 deck screws and the tools!

I think the plan now is to build an amazing dryer and reuse my tents as veg tents again.

Or i just wall off the back of my grow room and make it a 6 x 3 1/2 foot veg room...

This straight to flower stuff is ok and all but i like 70s bush...all wild and untamed and taking up some space.

So i need a veg space to give it 40 colas and then move it into flower. To go with a side of flood and drains and bubble buckets..I have 10 gallon pots just sitting there.

In not related news...how did i not know about these trimmers before...these japanese hardened steel wonderful bonsai trimmers are like Fiskars to the power of 10 or at least 2.
You like them that much? I have 3 sets of chikamasas that I haven’t opened. I have 4-5 different brands to rotate through, but still am using those Fiskars...

I’ll give them a try next harvest.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
chikamasas are fantastic...thanks i couldn't remember the name.
And I have about a half dozen fiskars and cheaper. Cheaper SUCKS...dont do it.
Fiskars are gerat
Chikamasas are so great i make buds that look like magazine shots...no sugar leaves just buds..

I love edibles the most so nothing goes to waste.

Last edited:

SSGrower

Average Grower

I was trying to stay on budget with a similar size tent but the pocket door belew that. Have decided to make the door smaller so I might return the frame (85 bucks) and build my own ( track is 25 and I could build a better feame for less out of 1x3). I was gonna have to weather strip it anyway so this way I can make it custom and tight fitting.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
90 bucks in the cart man...90 bucks...almost hit buy with that 30 inch carbon scrubber and then i said wait a minute...

I have already paid for shit that can do this.

I cant smell weed outside except for those nasty skunky auto amesia...which for the record is great ontario cover odor..grow 4 stanky autos on the deck

So fuck the filter and the tent. zero cost to me and i am going to make something great....i am leaning to keeping the tent for a dryer and building a monster veg area and using that 100 x 4 foot mylar roll i bout in 3ml

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I was trying to stay on budget with a similar size tent but the pocket door belew that. Have decided to make the door smaller so I might return the frame (85 bucks) and build my own ( track is 25 and I could build a better feame for less out of 1x3). I was gonna have to weather strip it anyway so this way I can make it custom and tight fitting.
You should consider a prehung exterior door. Install it backwards were it opens to the main room(not the flower room) . Already light tight with the weather striping and threshold. They are not that expensive at HD or Lowes and you don't have to buy the weather striping. You can just remove the brick molding before installing. You can use your regular interior trim moulding on the main room side. Maybe consider a 32" door for that room.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
What chikamasas do you use? (For anyone that uses them) I was thinking about picking up a pair because I've seen the name pop up quite a few times now. My hands cramp up constantly using the fiskars pruners, and it takes me forever to trim.

Edit: I think I figured it out lol

Last edited: