What did you do today?

shimz

vapest
Put a window regulator on the wife's caravan. Harder than it sounds, lol. Damn thing is a lot more involved than ones I've done in the past (mostly Chevys). Anyone know how to adjust the up stop? It keeps wanting to go too far and reverses.

D

Deleted member 60

Nice work there, good stuff. If you've ever got a building question feel free to ask about any of it. I know most of it. Lol. Or can find out pretty easily. That's what I do is almost all residential additions, remodels, scrapes etc. Always happy to help.
I can wing it fairly good but I know when I'm over my head. I've done all my own shit for over 25 years now...but I had a garage built 3 years ago and just wrote the check. That was the first time since building my house in '90 I've done such a thing. Gettin old(er) has it's perks if you played the game right.

This Summer I'm setting up for a bathroom and kitchen remodel. Will likely hit the bathroom first and get that close to completion beore tearing into the kitchen. Not really looking forward to any of it...LOL. I can get my neighbor to help but he's the kinda guy who likes to go FAST...tears shit out too quickly....puts it back just to get something in place....never completely finishes the job. (he's not a trim guy) I'm too much of a perfectionist. I was a machinist in a past life and Im used to close tolerances and can see shit out of square a mile off. Some guys can't see that stuff for shit....and it usually shows...LOL.

Thinking of doin something off the mark in the kitchen...like going to a restaurant supply place and buying a buncha stainless cabs/tables/etc and making a commercial looking home kitchen. You're on the FR....right? Know of any places like that down that way? I've even seen some "outdoor" kitchens that might work. Not set in stone on the idea but not feeling the whole "wood" cabinet thing either.

D

Deleted member 60

Many thanks! Gonna be a few months, for sure before I get into it...likely...late Summer for the kitchen.....but sourcing early is always a good thing...

On the topic of greenhouses.....we erected a "dome" greenhouse in 2015. 26 ft in diameter. (the kits are made in CO) A luxury for sure. Wasn't cheap....but I'm only here once and it always depresses me to see Fall roll in and everything get the whap.

We like this set up because It's a year round gig.....only have to give it a bit of heat in the coldest months/nights that drop below 15 or so....and that requirement is simply because I set a low point of 45F that I like to stay above so things grow/don't slow as much/aren't just in stasis/etc. Basically, this GH will stay 20-25 degrees above the outside ambient air temp at night in the cold months (given that you get Sun during the day). Mid winter...during the day....it's 70+ in there if the Sun is out.....so poppin into the dome on cold days is a fun thing to do. the mass keeps things rockin....and it's 5 ply/16mm poly carb all over....R-3.....so while it loses heat like mad....it stores it very well during the day. Also has a 1000 gallon pond in it....and an underground/air circulating component that helps moderate temps at night as well. Not foolproof/freezeproof...but does well even here @ 7100 ft. with limited Sun mid-winter.

Haven't grown any weed in it. The light is very diffuse and shit likes to stretch so I didn't think it was probably wise. And...while i love the smell of pot growin....kinda didn't want evey structure on the property reekin like weed. There's also the bugs that the GH kinda breeds/attracts....mites..aphids...a couple other things I got no idea what they are////etc.... We've grown veggies/greens/tomatoes in there...very successfully....but right now it's mostly foo-foo flowers and greenery.....we kill it so hard with the outdoor gardens we really don't need to supplement with dome offerings that much. And if it's flowers/non-edibles in there and not food...i can blast those little buggers good and not worry like I do if we're gonna eat what comes out of there. I'm all organic on my food and bud but fuck with my flowers and BAM...youz dead.

Attachments

While all you yungins' been workin' I been gettin' my toe chopped up. Big fat toe with ingrown nail on both sides. First a nice cold spray..............then the needles OW...............then nice and numb.

The best part is that 2 nurses and 2 doctors .....all female, are in the room with me. I'm making them all crack up and I KNOW they all want me...oh ya ;)

So the doc cuts my nail on both sides of the toe, puts some acid on the lower part to try to stop any further side growing and bandaged me up.

Now it's 3 hours later and the blissful pain has taken control of Mr. Toe. I'm taking a few tokes and :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: for the rest of the day :alien:

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
While all you yungins' been workin' I been gettin' my toe chopped up. Big fat toe with ingrown nail on both sides. First a nice cold spray..............then the needles OW...............then nice and numb.

The best part is that 2 nurses and 2 doctors .....all female, are in the room with me. I'm making them all crack up and I KNOW they all want me...oh ya ;)

So the doc cuts my nail on both sides of the toe, puts some acid on the lower part to try to stop any further side growing and bandaged me up.

Now it's 3 hours later and the blissful pain has taken control of Mr. Toe. I'm taking a few tokes and :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: for the rest of the day :alien:
That doesn’t sound fun. Hope you have a speedy recovery

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I'm just sitting here in my truck after leaving the lawyers office. Not sure what to do at the moment. Did get some things done though, progress right?
So I did something I never thought I was going to do today. Signed the papers today to start the divorce. Another chapter in life coming to a close.
Makes me feel so empty now.
I feel so bad for my daughter most of all. I've been through alot, I'm familiar with hurting inside. I can deal with it. Makes me so very sad to see her having her life turned upside down like this.
Sad for the both of us, my daughter and I.
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. You will be okay with time. Your daughter is gonna need even more love from youse. Just make sure she knows it's not her fault, idk why most kids assume they played a part. If it makes you feel any better I'm going to most likely die alone. My mental problems ruin all of my relationships. At least you have a daughter who loves you.

D

Deleted member 60

Hard to "like" yer post Jessie....that's life changing shit right there. But hey man...if you didn't cheat on her.... and ya didn't hit her...and you are a good dad....hold your head up. I've never been through it but have a few friends who certainly have...some multiple times. the folks i know who did the least damage to their kids via divorce are those who made the pact to not shit talk about the other person to/in front of the kids. Just a thought. Not gonna do any good to hold that grudge or beat that dead horse. Be glad you got your daughter from the union and put her at the center of your focus..always. Keep your word with her.... never falter. She needs to know she can always count on you.

hang in there..........

D

Deleted member 60

lol thx man. Seems it comes back every year for me. It's supposed to work the first time but for some reason mine keeps growing back 👾👾👾👾👾:alien:
Yikes. Ouch. My Father in law would tell you to wrap it up with a big glob of Mentholatum on it. No shit. Ever done/heard of that? It supposedly softens the nail(?) (I'm visualizing you saying" what a dumbass...I just got done having them fuck with me and this asshat is talking about Menthol-fuckin-latum?") Bwahhahaha....

Either way...that right there is up there on the fun scale with having a colonoscopy while half-awake...

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Fighting my mental illness today and I feel like Im losing. It's really hard not to pick up a drink and numb the pain. If I do that though I may not see tomorrow. Shits annoying when you're such a positive person but the way your brains wired doesn't allow you to be happy. The dark thoughts that run through my mind, scare me. I'm truly afraid of myself. Going to smoke now and try to escape my thoughts. Sorry for the negativity just needed to vent. It's ashame I have to do this online in a forum but this is all I have at the moment.

D

Deleted member 60

LOL. I'm in the same boat Jessie. Tryin to figure out how I'm gonna get a look at everything I've purchased over the last year and then...WTF to do with the weed once it's done. It's a crazy situation I never dreamed I'd find myself in. Good old legalization! No fear anymore...fuck that shit...I'll grow as many as I choose....but it's all starting to be like my Pottery output. Make it and ya gotta find someone/someplace for it to go.....or you have a house full of fuckin pottery. I just recently sold the Pottery equipment/table/kiln cus there's no sense in any of it. Weed is starting to be that way here as well.....yikes.