West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I love the tiger stripe seeds, doesn’t necessarily make them better I guess but they just have that eye appeal that solid colored seeds don’t have. Just my opinion of course.
I agree. What I'm noticing now is the mild differences between the seeds from different cultivars. While all were mature, and nicely marked, I noticed the different shades of brown and variance in the markings. Some were speckled like a leopard with stripes as well, while others were raging tigers or sleeping zebras. All of them were cool and unique in their own way and looked great when they're all together. But this last batch from the BCK just checked another box for me. She's a great plant. I'd really hate to lose her. I have two remaining seeds of her. But nothing guarantees they'll be as good. Or a female for that matter. On the flip side, maybe they're even better and have that rank dank smell she's lacking. I'm not ready to find out. lol. I'm keeping them as my Hail Mary plan B if I lose this one.

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I also want to self her on my next round. I only fear it'll bring forward all of the recessive genes and the fem seeds could turn out subpar in comparison. But I'm going for it anyway and keeping my fingers crossed. I'm also confident her pollen would be awesome for some other strains I have.

Texagonian

Outlaw
All sounds good to me! What does bck stand for? I don’t recall reading it. I’m also sure there are several people myself included who would love to run your crosses to see what comes from them. I hate loosing strains. It’s happened several times over the years for many reasons and when starting a fresh garden the memories linger about what once was and so on. Just part of it I guess. Oh well, with people like yourself making all these fine crosses I’m sure I/ we will get over it😂😎

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
What does bck stand for?
While shopping at the local hydro shop I had some guy approach me and we started talking. He ended up asking me if I wanted some free seeds. So I obviously, and gratefully obliged to accept his offer. I asked him what they were and he said, "I think they're Birthday Cake Kush. But I'm not sure." He didn't know who the breeder was either. At the time, I didn't really care much because they were free. It was a gracious offer I wasn't going to pass up. I also didn't put much stock into the seeds because they were free.

I already had other beans germinating but decided to pop one just for the hell of it. Throughout the grow, it just started to impress me at every turn and slowly started making its way to the top of my list. It really couldn't be denied becoming a staple in the stable.

Fast forward and here we are. It's a staple in the stable and I plan to use it for some time. But what do I call it? The mysterious gifter wasn't sure what it was as he "thought" it was Birthday Cake Kush but he didn't know for certain. If he did, it would be cut and dry and very easy on me. But I don't want to call something it isn't and accidentally, unintentionally mislead someone if in fact it isn't Birthday Cake Kush. But I also don't want to rename something that isn't mine. So I chose the middle ground and only refer to it as it's initials. BCK. Maybe even a step further BCK - Phylex cut. It's a tough spot to be in. But BCK seemed like the most appropriate and logical.

Texagonian

Outlaw
While shopping at the local hydro shop I had some guy approach me and we started talking. He ended up asking me if I wanted some free seeds. So I obviously, and gratefully obliged to accept his offer. I asked him what they were and he said, "I think they're Birthday Cake Kush. But I'm not sure." He didn't know who the breeder was either. At the time, I didn't really care much because they were free. It was a gracious offer I wasn't going to pass up. I also didn't put much stock into the seeds because they were free.

I already had other beans germinating but decided to pop one just for the hell of it. Throughout the grow, it just started to impress me at every turn and slowly started making its way to the top of my list. It really couldn't be denied becoming a staple in the stable.

Fast forward and here we are. It's a staple in the stable and I plan to use it for some time. But what do I call it? The mysterious gifter wasn't sure what it was as he "thought" it was Birthday Cake Kush but he didn't know for certain. If he did, it would be cut and dry and very easy on me. But I don't want to call something it isn't and accidentally, unintentionally mislead someone if in fact it isn't Birthday Cake Kush. But I also don't want to rename something that isn't mine. So I chose the middle ground and only refer to it as it's initials. BCK. Maybe even a step further BCK - Phylex cut. It's a tough spot to be in. But BCK seemed like the most appropriate and logical.
I see! Quite the predicament for sure. I like the BCK Phylex cut. That isn’t misleading at all. Before olcc got involved here in Oregon it was quite easy to get cuts, seeds, whatever. Fast forward and now unless you have an in it’s a bit harder. My wife and I used to have a card before it went recreational but when that happened they wanted to know way more than I wanted to share so we opted out. I have a close circle of people I trust to get new things without being on a list.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I was going to do a quick flower tent update today since it was a water day, but I'll do that later. I felt this was more fitting.

My kids absolutely blew me away this year. It was very thoughtful and touching from the both of them. I'm a single dad of two. So this was all on them. It was the best Father's Day ever.

My son started it off with this
View attachment 10485

View attachment 10484

I found all of the hidden letters
View attachment 10486

View attachment 10487

So I searched through the pantry and found the black box
View attachment 10492

I guessed "bathroom" and there they were in the shower. After digging through 4 cups of whip cream, I found the key
View attachment 10490

So freaking awesome and so much fun! That's my clever little man right there. He rocks!!

Then my daughter followed it up with this thoughtful, and touching card.
View attachment 10491

I absolutely loved her card. It meant the world to me way more than the gift. I feel weird accepting her present. Because I know they're expensive. Especially considering they used their own money that they've saved. But the joy on her face watching me open it was priceless.
View attachment 10488

View attachment 10489

I'm definitely keeping the stickers on them. She did it to embarrass me like I jokingly "threaten" to embarrass her at school. I tell her all of the time I'm going to scream "I love you" after dropping her off one of these days. lol. But what she doesn't know is I love them covered in stickers like that. To me, it just makes them that much better. My little love bug rocks too!!

It may be a little late in the day, but Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers out there.
That’s awesome man! Made me tear up reading it. Kids are the best thing that can happen to anyone.

I gave up trying to embarrass my son with “I love you”. He says it to me first in front of all his teenage friends. Melts my heart.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I agree. What I'm noticing now is the mild differences between the seeds from different cultivars. While all were mature, and nicely marked, I noticed the different shades of brown and variance in the markings. Some were speckled like a leopard with stripes as well, while others were raging tigers or sleeping zebras. All of them were cool and unique in their own way and looked great when they're all together. But this last batch from the BCK just checked another box for me. She's a great plant. I'd really hate to lose her. I have two remaining seeds of her. But nothing guarantees they'll be as good. Or a female for that matter. On the flip side, maybe they're even better and have that rank dank smell she's lacking. I'm not ready to find out. lol. I'm keeping them as my Hail Mary plan B if I lose this one.
Those descriptions of the seed markings are new to me. Back in the day when we saw seeds like that they were considered "better" although no real evidence of it. They were referred to as lightning bolts or watermelon stripes.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update: 28 days after being put into the flower tent (1 of 2)

But I'm starting to think they may have started flowering when I had to move them from the veg rack. I had to place them outside for 12 days prior to moving them into the flower tent. If they did, then they're sitting right around day 40 or somewhere in between. Some look further along then others. Well shit.........this is an interesting predicament.

Gelat.OG
G4Gel.JPG

9 Pound Hammer
G49PH.JPG

Hyper Blueberry Blast
IMG_E0176.JPG

IMG_E0177.JPG

IMG_E0178.JPG

Tangie
IMG_E0183.JPG

IMG_E0186.JPG

Blackjack
IMG_E0184.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
What does your tangie taste like.I popped a whole pk. 7 out of 12 sprouted..old seeds or not properly stored🙄 Got 4 girls,all fluffy and leafy,very sativa.Great yielders of long spears,not very frosty.Got 5 zips off one girl,i can barely smoke it,tastes like crap..jars and jars of it.
I couldn't tell you about taste. I can't pull flavors out of smoke. I don't have the palate for it. But it doesn't taste like crap. lol. To me it smells like subtle fruit and citrus. But not overpowering. A good friend thought it smelled mildly fruity, but it reminded him of Green Crack. He just kept mentioning that. I know mine develops trichomes later in flower. The nugs weren't fluffy either. They had some nice density. It does seem like a good yielder too. The high is a clear headed euphoria.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Update: 28 days after being put into the flower tent (1 of 2)

But I'm starting to think they may have started flowering when I had to move them from the veg rack. I had to place them outside for 12 days prior to moving them into the flower tent. If they did, then they're sitting right around day 40 or somewhere in between. Some look further along then others. Well shit.........this is an interesting predicament.

Gelat.OG
View attachment 11047

9 Pound Hammer
View attachment 11048

Hyper Blueberry Blast
View attachment 11049

View attachment 11050

View attachment 11051

Tangie
View attachment 11052

View attachment 11054

Blackjack
View attachment 11053
Already getting some colors on the blackjack and gelat.og Very nice! I bet there are some wonderful aromas to go along with the looks!