West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I was going to do a quick flower tent update today since it was a water day, but I'll do that later. I felt this was more fitting.

My kids absolutely blew me away this year. It was very thoughtful and touching from the both of them. I'm a single dad of two. So this was all on them. It was the best Father's Day ever.

My son started it off with this
IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

I found all of the hidden letters
IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

So I searched through the pantry and found the black box
IMG_0073.PNG

I guessed "bathroom" and there they were in the shower. After digging through 4 cups of whip cream, I found the key
IMG_0080.JPG

So freaking awesome and so much fun! That's my clever little man right there. He rocks!!

Then my daughter followed it up with this thoughtful, and touching card.
IMG_0081.JPG

I absolutely loved her card. It meant the world to me way more than the gift. I feel weird accepting her present. Because I know they're expensive. Especially considering they used their own money that they've saved. But the joy on her face watching me open it was priceless.
IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

I'm definitely keeping the stickers on them. She did it to embarrass me like I jokingly "threaten" to embarrass her at school. I tell her all of the time I'm going to scream "I love you" after dropping her off one of these days. lol. But what she doesn't know is I love them covered in stickers like that. To me, it just makes them that much better. My little love bug rocks too!!

It may be a little late in the day, but Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers out there.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Wow time to turn the vape heat down :D lol. What vape you using. I have a few and i have to remember to use them. I love doobs but they dont love me. Smoking doobs for 30 years causes a tolerance and too many doobs smoked issue.

But i am on the right side of the dirt.
Time to break out the Da Buddha and put a vape station somewhere by the pool.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Wow time to turn the vape heat down :D lol. What vape you using. I have a few and i have to remember to use them. I love doobs but they dont love me. Smoking doobs for 30 years causes a tolerance and too many doobs smoked issue.

But i am on the right side of the dirt.
Time to break out the Da Buddha and put a vape station somewhere by the pool.
lol. It's my nicotine vape, not MJ. I used it to quit smoking and chewing. 3% low dose nicotine. It's just a store bought dual battery type. I don't know too much more about it.

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba

Prairiefarmer

Grower of mids
I was going to do a quick flower tent update today since it was a water day, but I'll do that later. I felt this was more fitting.

My kids absolutely blew me away this year. It was very thoughtful and touching from the both of them. I'm a single dad of two. So this was all on them. It was the best Father's Day ever.

My son started it off with this
View attachment 10485

View attachment 10484

I found all of the hidden letters
View attachment 10486

View attachment 10487

So I searched through the pantry and found the black box
View attachment 10492

I guessed "bathroom" and there they were in the shower. After digging through 4 cups of whip cream, I found the key
View attachment 10490

So freaking awesome and so much fun! That's my clever little man right there. He rocks!!

Then my daughter followed it up with this thoughtful, and touching card.
View attachment 10491

I absolutely loved her card. It meant the world to me way more than the gift. I feel weird accepting her present. Because I know they're expensive. Especially considering they used their own money that they've saved. But the joy on her face watching me open it was priceless.
View attachment 10488

View attachment 10489

I'm definitely keeping the stickers on them. She did it to embarrass me like I jokingly "threaten" to embarrass her at school. I tell her all of the time I'm going to scream "I love you" after dropping her off one of these days. lol. But what she doesn't know is I love them covered in stickers like that. To me, it just makes them that much better. My little love bug rocks too!!

It may be a little late in the day, but Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers out there.
Great post !! Awesome kids you have,they made you work for your gift.That letter touched my heart,children are a blessings.Life wouldn't be the same without my two,tho,they arent kids anymore

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update: Flower tent Day 25 (1 of 2)

Blackjack #1 - Not a whole lot of trich development yet, but don't count her out. She starts to add them late and she's no slouch when it comes to her high. She also stinks. Her smell is phenomenal. The best way I can describe it is; creamy, sweet tart, candy like. #1 and #2 smell identical. She finishes later around 70+ days.
IMG_E0124.JPG

Blackjack #2 - Possibly a tad bit more trichome development at this stage in the game then #1. There's not much difference between #1 and #2. The only thing I noticed from the last run was bud structure. I preferred #1. But it may have also been plant placement in relation to the light. I'll know for certain this run because they're placement in the tent is similar vs. the last run. So far, they seem to be developing the same.
IMG_E0140.JPG

IMG_E0141.JPG

Tangie - Another late bloomer with trichomes. She also finishes around 70+ days. She offers a very clear headed, euphoric high.
IMG_E0125.JPG

Hyper Blueberry Blast - I attempted mainlining on this girl to try the technique. I'm really digging her smell. Like a lot. I just haven't narrowed down what my nose is drawing. But she smells fantastic. She has some good trichome development going on too.
IMG_E0126.JPG

IMG_E0127.JPG

9 Pound Hammer - she's another one with nice trichome development but she's also the one I really pissed on in veg. I'll be lucky to get her fullest potential out of this run with her. My bad.
IMG_E0128.JPG

Gelat.OG
IMG_E0131.JPG

Ghost Train Haze - She's going to be a late finisher. She's a taller girl too
IMG_E0133.JPG

IMG_E0134.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update: Flower tent Day 25 (2 of 2)

BCK - She's by far the most covered in trichomes from early on. She also loves to develop early and stack, stack, stack. But she's not an early finisher. She's more middle of the road to later. The only thing she lacks is that power packed smell. She carries that old school nostalgia with her subtle spice, hash, mineral earth undertones. I shucked some seeds today from her clone. I'm posting that up next in about an hour or so with more things to get giddy over. The seeds, dubbed "Blunt Force Trauma" are (BCK x 9 Pound Hammer)

IMG_E0135.JPG

Mid level
IMG_E0136.JPG

IMG_E0138.JPG

Lower flower
IMG_E0137.JPG

Tried getting a full top to bottom shot of her development but I couldn't get it all or else I lost most of what I was trying to show. Even here it's hard to see, but she's coating herself quite nicely already.
IMG_E0139.JPG

Texagonian

Outlaw
Wow @Phylex i just went through and got caught up on your journal. Great job man, really nice looking plants and seeds. Really good stuff here! Happy late father’s day! I have three girls with a fourth girl coming in September. My kids are what keep me going and what your kids did for you are memories you’ll have for the rest of your life. Thanks for sharing!

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Wow @Phylex i just went through and got caught up on your journal. Great job man, really nice looking plants and seeds. Really good stuff here! Happy late father’s day! I have three girls with a fourth girl coming in September. My kids are what keep me going and what your kids did for you are memories you’ll have for the rest of your life. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you @Texagonian for taking the time to look through it and the kind words. Happy late Father's Day to you as well, and congratulations on the new addition to the family. My kids are awesome but you're right, it touched me something special this year. Or maybe I'm getting sentimental in my older age. lol. In all seriousness though, those are the things I like to keep and hold onto. I think they'll appreciate seeing it too when they're grown adults.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update: BCK shuck - Only one plant left to go. Tomorrow will be the remaining plant, Tangie. But here's some shots from today. "Blunt Force Trauma" - (BCK x 9lb. Hammer)

IMG_E0143.JPG

IMG_E0145.JPG

I'm not really sure if there's a better way, but I just glove up, pull out the trim bin, and decimate the plant material into shake with my fingers, separating the seeds as I go. Here's a shot of the kief for comparison. The pile on the left was from yesterday, the Blackjack shuck. The pile on the right is from the BCK today. All of the plants are/were similar in size.
IMG_E0147.JPG

And while the previously shucked seeds in my opinion all looked good, when I saw these, I was impressed yet again by this girl. They were plump, had a rich coloring, with very distinctive markings. It could just be at this point I'm bias because she's my favorite. But I think I might have shed a tear when I saw her first bean pop.
IMG_E0149.JPG

IMG_E0151.JPG

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thank you @Texagonian for taking the time to look through it and the kind words. Happy late Father's Day to you as well, and congratulations on the new addition to the family. My kids are awesome but you're right, it touched me something special this year. Or maybe I'm getting sentimental in my older age. lol. In all seriousness though, those are the things I like to keep and hold onto. I think they'll appreciate seeing it too when they're grown adults.
You’re welcome and yes, I think they will appreciate seeing it later in their lives. From my experience with my oldest daughter who will be 25 in July, I’ve pulled out some of the things she’s made me over the years and she is always surprised and happy that I have treasured them and kept them for all these years. Good stuff! 🙏🏻✌🏻