West Coast Chronicles

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
No doubt the GH3 is a time proven product with good results. Also fairly economical as well. I bought stock in the company several years ago because i think they will be front runner for a long time. They have been steadily buying cannabis related companies for a good while now. I know that it is not the most liked company in the cannabis world but i did not invest in a popularity contest lol.
The gallon pump has made it very convenient for me as well. I can mess with the dosing at different stages, mainly deep flower when it's most crucial, as I'm adding pk boosters. I'll stick with this for several runs and try something else again on some other projects. I want to see some consistent results several runs in a row so I can eliminate the feed variable and start fine tuning some other things.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Pardon my French but fucking bravo sir, thank you for giving us your time and dropping that nugget of cannageniusology on us Im always grateful when you resident wizards here drop the science backed info in such depth, another reason why I love the community here so much😍 😂😂😂
And quick question, if using a non bioavailable silicon supplement in a flood and drain tote like ours is there enough microbes in the hydroton to break it down with us constantly flooding, been wondering how that works in f&d are they effected at all by the way we water???
Thanks brother but I'm just like you guys and love growing. Schwaggy and some of the others are the wizards. I'll always share information if I think it could help and I found that write up very useful myself. It is a good read.

Regarding your question, it's a great question but I don't have a definitive answer. I use silica in my F&D just as I would in soil and I haven't had any bad experiences yet. However F&D is still a new beast for me as this is my first run with it. So I'm still in uncharted territory with it. On the bright side, everything seems to be cruising along.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
@Phylex I am thinking about getting a 4 pot floraflex to give it a try. Before i build the system to hold it do you think they would work in the flood and drain tote?

I would put 2 of the 6 inch floraflex pots in each of the totes and ensure the total in the res does not exceed what the 2 totes can hold. And dump the totes as needed (drain to waste). I think it would be the easiest way to give it a go without building something fancy.

But i have only seen it in the hydro store :)

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Looks like a happy group of ladies.
Thanks @Capt C

The array of different lights and coverage looks clean and pro AF!! Good stuff mang 💪👍
Thanks @spyralout I'm looking forward to this run with the additional perimeter lighting.

@Phylex I am thinking about getting a 4 pot floraflex to give it a try. Before i build the system to hold it do you think they would work in the flood and drain tote?

I would put 2 of the 6 inch floraflex pots in each of the totes and ensure the total in the res does not exceed what the 2 totes can hold. And dump the totes as needed (drain to waste). I think it would be the easiest way to give it a go without building something fancy.
In short and in theory it sounds like it would work just fine in the totes.

Even though I don't have experience with their pots, the totes would afford the same functionality needed, essentially performing the same duties as what I built. (Reservoir to supply and collect, pump to feed, and drain to collect.)

Two thing to consider:

1. Tray size: At what rate does your tray drain vs. the pump fill? Manually time this and if adequate, set accordingly. Example: Keep in mind, my tray is on a 2" pitch. With that said, my pump pumps faster then the tray can drain with all of my heads. 5 minutes is the max run time. Any longer and the water would eventually start backing up enough to overflow out of the tray. I run mine now at four minutes and that's long enough to saturate all of the pots.

2. Reservoir size: Is the reservoir large enough to meet your goals? I originally planned to have a 45 gallon reservoir. My goal was to be handsfree for at least a week, but preferably two. However, my plants were already too tall at this point. I called a last minute audible and grabbed a smaller tote. (25 gallons) This allowed me to drop the stand an additional three inches. A much needed three inches as even now, the plants are red lining on being to close to the lights. Now plant size vs. adequate space can be easily mitigated by better planning, but in this example, the plants were already grown and beginning flower by the time I decided to implement this system. What I've noticed with this 25 gallon reservoir is how often water still needs to be added. I'm finding myself still adding water every 4-5 days. So a 45 gallon reservoir definitely would have been more ideal in meeting my goals. I can say, even though I'm adding water every 4-5 days, I've still regained about 95% of my time wasted to hand watering.

Keep me posted on what you come up with and how it worked out. Would love to see the set up.

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Just a little pollen collection and storage
IMG_E3219.JPG

IMG_E3222.JPG

IMG_E3224.JPG

IMG_E3227.JPG

IMG_E3226.JPG

IMG_E3225.JPG

Terpenado Mystery dusted with God O War pollen about a month ago. This was a spur of the moment pollination out of sheer curiosity. While the GOW male used was a nice looking male, it wasn't from a chosen male that's in the F2 process. These will be seeds for personal shits and giggles consumption.
IMG_E3228.JPG

The same as above applies to this girl. She's Hyper Dragon and dusted with the same GOW pollen.
IMG_E3231.JPG

Texagonian

Outlaw
Here’s a little update @Phylex . Day 35 of 12/12. Midway point. Time for yet another res change this weekend and I’m out of gh3 part but I do have flora duo next in line. The citrol sledgehammer that had a few male pollen sacs pop up I removed and have been watching vigilantly with no others in sight. Buds are filling in nicely and all have very nice smells. Here they are as of ten minutes ago. Hope all is well✌🏻D57A4B57-66C3-42EE-8571-E3DFA821790A.jpegC1810371-52AE-4DDB-8490-4DC16012816A.jpeg1B76FE6A-81C3-486F-B67A-98D5A55A64D7.jpegBC2F6A72-4C0A-412A-B29A-07DDBA728240.jpegD6B66785-3F33-4C11-A9C6-C48DBE050A4F.jpeg1FA59029-6E68-4686-AFA0-CFB338A601DA.jpeg4B86BA7B-B246-40F1-AFD2-FD11D6520726.jpeg

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Personal little side project: Fun with some extra clones. They'll be harvested in about a week.

One Terpenado Mystery dusted with God O War and the other dusted with Pandemic
PTERP.1.JPG

PTERP.2.JPG

PTERP.3.JPG

(1) Hyper Dragon x God O War, (1) Hyper Dragon x Celestial Ghost, and (1) Hyper Dragon x Moontang Mystery
PHD.1.JPG

PHD.2.JPG

PHD.3.JPG

PHD.4.JPG

PHD.5.JPG

PHD.6.JPG