West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Mutant update:

Meet Family Vault Purple. The newest arrival to the mutant party. Apparently it was crossed with a tulip at some point. That tulip looking top, is the TOP. lol
IMG_E1782.JPG

IMG_E1783.JPG

Here's that funky Moontang Mystery that was growing out of cotyledon.
IMG_E1784.JPG

IMG_E1785.JPG

I have no idea what's going on with this Terpenado Mystery. It's the only one out of everyone that's doing this. There are absolutely no variables. It's the same exact soil, environment, feeding, schedule, etc. It's about to get axed.
IMG_E1786.JPG

IMG_E1787.JPG

Here's the other Terpenado Mystery for reference.
IMG_E1788.JPG

And I thought this was cool. It's a Black Abyss seed
IMG_E1777.JPG

IMG_E1778.JPG

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I have no idea where this tulip is going. It looks sealed and that stem beneath it looks paper thin. I am however curious to see how this plays out.

Yeah, those are trichomes on the pistillate calyx.
I thought I saw some hairs on some of your beans under the microscope but not trichs. Very nice (y)
The Pistillate Calyx. Great name for a cannabis related joint (🥁)

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Week 2 Veg
20191012_220156.jpg
Tote 3.JPG
9PB = 9 Pound Blueberry
XF = X-Files

Nice steady growth. Starting to explode. XF1 & 2 were just put in the tote a couple days ago. They need to play catchup for the damped off replacements. By next week, the bigger plants will be double in size. Flooding at 20 min (vs. 15) every 4 hours. 650 PPM/5.9 pH megacrop. Will push more PPM in flower.

Week 3 Flower
20191013_050501.jpg
Tote 1 & 2 - rev1.JPG
BA = Black Abyss
SI = Space Invasion
GW = God O War

Confirmed males culled, all in crossout above. 10/16 female to male ratio amongst all three strains. God O War has been all female so far. GW #1 got moved to the RDWC to replace a Punch Buggy that broke out with balls all over.

20191012_090419.jpg
GW #1 - the most promising one out of the 6 GWs. Looking great.

20191012_203744.jpg
I had to literally stuff the 5.5" diameter of square rootball into a 6" round net pot lol. As predicted, the roots are already pushing out and in this pic, the plant just woke up and had only 40 min of awake time.

20191012_203835.jpg

20191012_203847.jpg
Middle

20191012_221015.jpg
Overhead view. Looks like a girl to me! And she's ready to show us what she's got. New assignment, new town, new shoes! She's happy and ready to take on the weed world.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
There seems to be some good looking news in the preliminary trim of the first five plants. The flowers didn’t appear to be seeded and there weren’t any visible nanners. I found one other seed on Ground Pounder #3 who’s already looking like my choice for the keeper in the bunch. She was the earlier finisher too. But the others aren’t ready to test yet.

There was also one Black Abyss that I found three seeds on. Two on a lower, and one near the top. I ripped apart a couple of the flowers, and I didn’t find anymore seeds.

The remaining plants looked fine. But who’s to say if there’s a random seed somewhere in there or not.

At this point I’m leaning toward some radical loose pollen from the last pollinated group I stuck into the tent. I’m sure it could have been worse had I not sprayed them down at least once. Considering there was still visible pollen on some of the leaves when I put them in the tent, I’m thinking most of it was neutralized from the first wash, but not completely. So I’m ending up with a seed here and there.

I guess it’s time to start labeling a few containers in the seed storage case “Ground Pounder Mystery” and “Black Abyss Mystery” for a rainy day.

The jury is still out and I may never know, but I’m feeling better now none the less. Today was pretty promising. I still have quite a few plants to go through and trim when they’re finished drying. Hopefully by next weekend.

As always, I’ll keep you all posted. I may get to posting some pictures later tonight of what was trimmed today. But it was a long day already with the plants and I need to move on to some other things around the house.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Holy Shit mang you upped your trim game big time wtf you go to trimming night school or something?
Nope. I’m still winging it. Lol

Looks like some fire in those bowls! Damn! I’m stoked to be running them! Time to get some updates coming, soon
Thanks brother. They smell and taste great. At least the ones I’ve tried so far. I’ve only been able to try two. With my low tolerance they ruin my to-do list. Lol. I definitely love updates. I can’t wait to see you throw down. Exciting times. 👍🏼

GP3 lime green white frost FACK, FACK I say
👏🏻 Lol

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
There seems to be some good looking news in the preliminary trim of the first five plants. The flowers didn’t appear to be seeded and there weren’t any visible nanners. I found one other seed on Ground Pounder #3 who’s already looking like my choice for the keeper in the bunch. She was the earlier finisher too. But the others aren’t ready to test yet.

There was also one Black Abyss that I found three seeds on. Two on a lower, and one near the top. I ripped apart a couple of the flowers, and I didn’t find anymore seeds.

The remaining plants looked fine. But who’s to say if there’s a random seed somewhere in there or not.

At this point I’m leaning toward some radical loose pollen from the last pollinated group I stuck into the tent. I’m sure it could have been worse had I not sprayed them down at least once. Considering there was still visible pollen on some of the leaves when I put them in the tent, I’m thinking most of it was neutralized from the first wash, but not completely. So I’m ending up with a seed here and there.

I guess it’s time to start labeling a few containers in the seed storage case “Ground Pounder Mystery” and “Black Abyss Mystery” for a rainy day.

The jury is still out and I may never know, but I’m feeling better now none the less. Today was pretty promising. I still have quite a few plants to go through and trim when they’re finished drying. Hopefully by next weekend.

As always, I’ll keep you all posted. I may get to posting some pictures later tonight of what was trimmed today. But it was a long day already with the plants and I need to move on to some other things around the house.
That is good news on the seeds. I sure you were worried about it i know i would have been. Nice to know a breeder that has tight quality control. That is really the only type of genetics that will see my flower room. If i get balls or nanners i want it to be my fault not risky genetics. Your genetics will be going on my grow list. Keep up the good work.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
That is good news on the seeds. I sure you were worried about it i know i would have been. Nice to know a breeder that has tight quality control. That is really the only type of genetics that will see my flower room. If i get balls or nanners i want it to be my fault not risky genetics. Your genetics will be going on my grow list. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for the kind words and bode of confidence @Capt C it’s greatly appreciated. It was definitely a stressful experience with everything I put into these, and while there was a breath of relief, I’m still not 100% out of the woods just yet. I have quite a few more to inspect and sort through when they’re done drying. But I’m certainly feeling better about it so far. I’m not interested in messing with hermaphroditism traits and that’s the number one thing I’m always trying to avoid in my creations. Unfortunately, even if the parents don’t express it, I’ll never know if it’s a recessive trait somewhere down the line that’s brought forward until I test them. That’s one reason I feel like testing is so paramount. I want to feel confident hermaphroditism won’t be present and whom ever decides to grow my gear will be satisfied after their hard work. I love what I’m doing and I take a lot of pride in it.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Thank you for the kind words and bode of confidence @Capt C it’s greatly appreciated. It was definitely a stressful experience with everything I put into these, and while there was a breath of relief, I’m still not 100% out of the woods just yet. I have quite a few more to inspect and sort through when they’re done drying. But I’m certainly feeling better about it so far. I’m not interested in messing with hermaphroditism traits and that’s the number one thing I’m always trying to avoid in my creations. Unfortunately, even if the parents don’t express it, I’ll never know if it’s a recessive trait somewhere down the line that’s brought forward until I test them. That’s one reason I feel like testing is so paramount. I want to feel confident hermaphroditism won’t be present and whom ever decides to grow my gear will be satisfied after their hard work. I love what I’m doing and I take a lot of pride in it.
Every line and strain has recessive Hermy traits since all are derived from land races , You can breed away from Hermy traits but never 100% eliminate the recessive only lower the chances. Any breeder that claims otherwise I will call bullshit on. All one can do is due diligence which it looks like You are doing My Friend . You can breed 50 generations and all of a sudden there is Caitlyn Jenner.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Every line and strain has recessive Hermy traits since all are derived from land races , You can breed away from Hermy traits but never 100% eliminate the recessive only lower the chances. Any breeder that claims otherwise I will call bullshit on. All one can do is due diligence which it looks like You are doing My Friend . You can breed 50 generations and all of a sudden there is Caitlyn Jenner.
Absolutely. That’s why I won’t mess with any parents that expressed the trait in my grows no matter how good they may have been. Fortunately, I’ve yet to experience it. At least that I know of. (What I’m trying to confirm now with the latest test group) The last thing I would want is to receive feedback from multiple growers that a strain of mine is throwing balls. That’s a trait I don’t want brought forward in anything of mine. If it starts happening in testing, the seeds won’t be worth releasing in my opinion.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
That was my citrol sledgehammer, guess I'll pop another! I need more space lol
You and I both. Got a second light and another tent just need a driver for it. That's for my CSs. I have only one maybe two males out of my 7.
What is it with you, @Jesselikes2Grow and all of these males? Sweet baby Jesus, Maybe I did hoard all of the females. Ground Pounder and Citrol Sledgehammer were the two that gave me 6/6 females. I’ll google rain dances and perform one for your next attempt.
Rude af. How you gonna do Jesse like that...smh🤪

Fabulous news! I had a feeling you would not find any Nan's.
If it starts happening in testing, the seeds won’t be worth releasing in my opinion.
I concur.
CS#3 CS#2 broken
IMG_20191018_192350.jpgIMG_20191018_192418.jpg
CS#6 CS#8
IMG_20191018_192442.jpgIMG_20191018_192833.jpg
CS#7 male CS#4 male
IMG_20191018_192500.jpgIMG_20191018_192514.jpg
And of course my favorite Aurora CS#1
IMG_20191018_193627.jpgIMG_20191018_193619.jpg