Waiting For The Sun....Stiicky heads indoors

• Thread starter Deleted member 60
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 60

I never understood folks who rent a place for years and years. My buddy in Cali has lived in/rented a house for over 20 years. Coulda BOUGHT IT for what he's given em in rent. Makes no sense...especially in today's super low mortgage rates. I'm sure you love those kinda folks!

Gotta flip my girls today. Got busy yesterday and spaced it out.....LOL. I'm so attentive. Got a bunch work to do before the plumber and tile guy show in a few weeks so that has been taking up most of the headspace...what little there still is, that is.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I never understood folks who rent a place for years and years. My buddy in Cali has lived in/rented a house for over 20 years. Coulda BOUGHT IT for what he's given em in rent. Makes no sense...especially in today's super low mortgage rates. I'm sure you love those kinda folks!

Gotta flip my girls today. Got busy yesterday and spaced it out.....LOL. I'm so attentive. Got a bunch work to do before the plumber and tile guy show in a few weeks so that has been taking up most of the headspace...what little there still is, that is.
Difference between owning and renting is a down payment...

I know a guy that has rented the same house for 47 years.

D

Deleted member 60

Folks don't get it who rent...especially if they ever tracked mortgage rates to see what a screamin deal can be had now vs. the 80's/90's when mortgage rates hovered between 10 and 15%. Monthly payments then were crazy and it kept folks in smaller homes than they wanted/needed....or living in less-than-ideal conditions w/no $$$ to make improvements. "Eating house" was a common phrase i remember from those years. The only good thing was when the bottom started falling out. I started my log home by refinancing my house and taking out $50K while keeping my house payment static. I think we "re-fied" 2 or 3 times from the mid 90's til 2010 ir so. 12% to 2%....LOL. Then we sold it all and killed it. Can't do that when ya rent.... but the landlord will.

Then again...some just folks shouldn't own homes and do us all a favor by not owning homes. Had a neighbor once who bought his house...lived there about 10 years...doing no maintenanace whatsoever... then moved and bought a new place so he wouldn't have to paint it/etc. Told me so outright...I'm sure my jaw dropped. He sold it under market value for 400K...still made some $$$....for sure....but then the guy who bought it came in...spent 100K updating it...and sold it within a year for 650K. Snicker..... duh. Even some homeowners don't get it....

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN

Go into a bank recently, with 20 percent down, have a good job, and see how many houses you can buy. Lol took a deed for 40K house in to borrow 3k and got laughed out of bank, with a cosigner. Banks have changed, ever wonder why capital one credit cards aren't fdic insured, they are an insurance Co, lol. No banking regs and rules there lol.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Then again...some just folks shouldn't own homes and do us all a favor by not owning homes. Had a neighbor once who bought his house...lived there about 10 years...doing no maintenanace whatsoever... then moved and bought a new place so he wouldn't have to paint it/etc. Told me so outright...I'm sure my jaw dropped. He sold it under market value for 400K...still made some $$$....for sure....but then the guy who bought it came in...spent 100K updating it...and sold it within a year for 650K. Snicker..... duh. Even some homeowners don't get it....
Thats why there will forever be fixer upper houses around. Simple maintenance stuff is beyond so many people. The house I’m flipping now I paid 20k for. Ill have 15k in remodel, and most of that is just cosmetic crap. Paint, knobs and hardware, flooring, bathroom remodel and appliances. No reason the people couldn’t have done or hired done the work. They just sold it and moved on. I’ll sell it 120-130 range and go buy another. Other 2 houses I am flipping similar stories. People just walked away from them.

D

Deleted member 60

Houses just aren't THAT cheap in my area/in colorado as a whole...even totally bombed out houses. Usually the land value itself drives the price up.,,,not always...but in most cases.....especially in the mountains. Even so..the bargains are existing houses..possibly with well rights that allow irrigation and for sure with all systems in place. Jumping through all if the hoops to build a new house/secure well permits/dig wells/Building permits/Codes/cut driveways through timber/fences/etc...yaddayaddayadda....all take a sizeable amount of time/money.

but yeah...that simple maintenance stuff....it's amazing how many folks just don;t seem to care that there's crap piled up everywhere, the gutter is hangin loose...and the entire place looks like an episode of "Hoarders". As they say...One sane man's trash is another sane man's trash too....LOL. Craziness is right.

D

Deleted member 60

Oh....and FWIW...my pH pen showed today. They sent it in a plastic envelope...just in the flimsy Bluelab box...

Box was crushed...one of the 4.0 packets burst open...box was wet/soggy....as was the manual. Pens APPEAR to be OK. they look damn bulletproof....and both worked.....but we will see. Sent the fuckers some pics of the unopened envelope cus I could tell it was crushed....and pics of the contents. Gonna use em.....and if all is well...oh well. If not...they are on notice regarding the shipment.

They also sent it to my physical address..not PO Box where I get mail. Either way..it took 22 days to come from MD.

SSGrower

Average Grower
There is a certain logic for some, school district, family, job. Its location, location, location and it feels just like it did in 08 when the bottom dropped out of everything here. Other places/states certainly dont seem to be the same, I think it was Tennessee that 60K would get a 4000+ sq. ft. house. But we have adds on the radio again for zero down intrest only....

SSGrower

Average Grower
Ha, not only lived in, but built most of to boot. Lol.
But yeah, it's just a possession, one I love, but still just a place. Lol.
The tile work, steam shower, those are features, if you cant get over the fact the renter won't give a fuck the crown moulding is coped and not mitered then dont rent the place, take the equity and pick up a designated rental property. Remember my basement floor? Covering up 90% of it with vinyl cause although I loved it, it would not work well in a rental.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
The tile work, steam shower, those are features, if you cant get over the fact the renter won't give a fuck the crown moulding is coped and not mitered then dont rent the place, take the equity and pick up a designated rental property. Remember my basement floor? Covering up 90% of it with vinyl cause although I loved it, it would not work well in a rental.
Most definitely don’t fancy up a rental. Keep it nice but don‘t go overboard. Crown certainly doesn’t belong in a rental haha! Realtor I work with has about 30 rentals. Surprising how little he does to them when he changes tenants. Though most of his are close to campus and it’s college kids that could give two shits about fancy features. Nice thing is he gets his years rent money up front on a lot of them. Kids tend to just get them dirty and not destroy things, it’s the families that just trash them.

Guy up from my shop has 16 doubles he built back in the early 90’s. 2 bed 1 bath. He runs them with a iron fist and they stay nice. Very few kids in his units, mostly retired folks or young couples. They’re very little maintenance and always stay rented. What a cash cow.

D

Deleted member 60

There are a couple BOO in the mix @Jewels. Definitely interested to see what they do. I can say that I already noticed that they are very uniform/similar.....so that to me is always a good sign. Gotta get down there this afternoon and set the ventilation intake up for bloom so there's no light leaks. Between the house/bathroom remodel chores and the snow removal the last few days the grow has taken a back seat. I did get in a couple of good workouts though. Creak....pop...moan. Finally cold enough the snow was pretty light.

After that crazy dry Summer and the fires.....the snow has come every 10 days or so since the end of October and we've racked up just shy of 60 inches in that time period. Time will tell how much we add to that before it's all over.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
There are a couple BOO in the mix @Jewels. Definitely interested to see what they do. I can say that I already noticed that they are very uniform/similar.....so that to me is always a good sign. Gotta get down there this afternoon and set the ventilation intake up for bloom so there's no light leaks. Between the house/bathroom remodel chores and the snow removal the last few days the grow has taken a back seat. I did get in a couple of good workouts though. Creak....pop...moan. Finally cold enough the snow was pretty light.

After that crazy dry Summer and the fires.....the snow has come every 10 days or so since the end of October and we've racked up just shy of 60 inches in that time period. Time will tell how much we add to that before it's all over.
Seems like a ass load of snow to me. What do you use for snow removal around the house and driveway? When did the fires completely go out i remember you saying it would take a lot of snow to put them out? Good name for you would be Fire and Ice genetics.lol

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Seems like a ass load of snow to me. What do you use for snow removal around the house and driveway? When did the fires completely go out i remember you saying it would take a lot of snow to put them out? Good name for you would be Fire and Ice genetics.lol
That is a lot of snow. I like the snow but I like the cold as much or more. No one ever got a sore back from shoveling cold.