Waiting For The Sun....Stiicky heads indoors

• Thread starter Deleted member 60
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 60

Figured I'd keep track of this Winter's indoor fun here. Hopin' to get a few cycles in before next year's OD fun begins.

Basics: 4 x 8 tent with the 2 - 550vspec V2's looming above. 1 gallon pots. Will likely mix OF/Mother Earth 50/50. Thinking of going back to an organic fert. The MC works great but I don't need all of that N.

This first grow is going to be Purple Punch heavy along with a few other crosses I wanna peek at.

Strong tails in 48 hours on these. All went into the dirt directly.

*Purple Punch S-1
*Herb (Birthday Cake x PP)
*Banana Cocktail (Banana OG x PP)
*Concord Crush (Sundae Driver x MaiTai#4)

After 4 days, varying degree of cracking open/faint tails on

Honey Nut (Biscotti x MaiTai#4)
Back To Cookies (Forum GSC x Birthday Cake)
Bag of Oranges S-1
Chocolate Pie (Chocolate Diesel x Malibu Pie)

Tails or not....everyone on list #2 hit the dirt yesterday AM. Whoever wants to play gets to play. Anybody who doesn't poke their head up within a few days gets dumped. I may wet a few more of these as back ups with the below seeds because I don't have that great of luck with seeds that are slow-to-go. I'm always like....WTF? Same conditions...some pop hard while others sit there doin' nada...

These just came this AM.

Punch Bubble
Purple Dream

Gonna wet 4 of each and add them to the mix. No freebies/etc. in the order and all straight up 6 packs so I think I'll fill in a few slots with my own BB S-1's.

Should be a nightmare of fun w/ the new light and a buncha different strains/phenos/etc. Kinda thinking of a new pH pen to at least try to nix that side of the possible fun that could be had. I have an old Hanna combo but i know it needs a $55 probe and it's about 15 years old...so like the lights..it's prolly time to upgrade. Thoughts?

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Bag of Oranges S-1
Always been orange curious.

I have an ancient Hanna gro-chek continuous PH and a Hanna TDS pen.
Ph is still going strong and I have worn the blister domes (on/off buttons) right off my tds. Also serviceable- I completely disassembled and repair'd the pcb, after I dropped it in water.
Not often you will see a product that you can actually wear right out.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Figured I'd keep track of this Winter's indoor fun here. Hopin' to get a few cycles in before next year's OD fun begins.

Basics: 4 x 8 tent with the 2 - 550vspec V2's looming above. 1 gallon pots. Will likely mix OF/Mother Earth 50/50. Thinking of going back to an organic fert. The MC works great but I don't need all of that N.

This first grow is going to be Purple Punch heavy along with a few other crosses I wanna peek at.

*Purple Punch S-1

Bag of Oranges S-1

Tails or not....everyone on list #2 hit the dirt yesterday AM. Whoever wants to play gets to play. Anybody who doesn't poke their head up within a few days gets dumped. I may wet a few more of these as back ups with the below seeds because I don't have that great of luck with seeds that are slow-to-go. I'm always like....WTF? Same conditions...some pop hard while others sit there doin' nada...

These just came this AM.

Punch Bubble
Purple Dream

Gonna wet 4 of each and add them to the mix. No freebies/etc. in the order and all straight up 6 packs so I think I'll fill in a few slots with my own BB S-1's.

Should be a nightmare of fun w/ the new light and a buncha different strains/phenos/etc. Kinda thinking of a new pH pen to at least try to nix that side of the possible fun that could be had. I have an old Hanna combo but i know it needs a $55 probe and it's about 15 years old...so like the lights..it's prolly time to upgrade. Thoughts?
@stiickygreen are you going to flower them in the 1 gallon pots? I vote blue lab on the meters but they are a bit pricey.

D

Deleted member 60

No promises on this stuff....LOL. So many variables with the unheated garage, the well or creek water....the new lights....and a tent full of likely...mostly untested wares. What could go wrong? :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for that @Jewels ......I should probably try to locate the Hanna and see what condition it's in. If I looked I might find a deal on a probe. the $55 was from memory. There's a Trimeter in that box as well. I used both when I did hydro so I could cross check everything. I'm pretty sure they made the move....we will see. Uhhhumm. Every other fuckin thing seems to have made it. And yeah...curious here about the BOO as well. The last orange'ish offering I ran was a decade or more ago with th Jackie O clone. Thought I'd find some in the Beach Wedding fems via the Tropicana but that has yet to happen..

@Capt C ....that's my thought. I plan very little veg. Just enough that everyone is up and runnin'/rooted and ready for transplant. I'm not going for yields and I know they'll likely be rootbound by finish...but I'm doin enough seeds that I think i'm pushing it as it is in this space. 2 gal pots would ensure mass jungle effect. The only way it might happen is if some of these seeds stall/crap out/mutate/etc. Another few days will tell the tale as far as who comes up and decides to play and who doesn't. Quite a few are up and rockin'. Just hopin' to have a showing from everyone....or two..or three...or... Thanks for the Bluelab rec...

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
No promises on this stuff....LOL. So many variables with the unheated garage, the well or creek water....the new lights....and a tent full of likely...mostly untested wares. What could go wrong? :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for that @Jewels ......I should probably try to locate the Hanna and see what condition it's in. If I looked I might find a deal on a probe. the $55 was from memory. There's a Trimeter in that box as well. I used both when I did hydro so I could cross check everything. I'm pretty sure they made the move....we will see. Uhhhumm. Every other fuckin thing seems to have made it. And yeah...curious here about the BOO as well. The last orange'ish offering I ran was a decade or more ago with th Jackie O clone. Thought I'd find some in the Beach Wedding fems via the Tropicana but that has yet to happen..

@Capt C ....that's my thought. I plan very little veg. Just enough that everyone is up and runnin'/rooted and ready for transplant. I'm not going for yields and I know they'll likely be rootbound by finish...but I'm doin enough seeds that I think i'm pushing it as it is in this space. 2 gal pots would ensure mass jungle effect. The only way it might happen is if some of these seeds stall/crap out/mutate/etc. Another few days will tell the tale as far as who comes up and decides to play and who doesn't. Quite a few are up and rockin'. Just hopin' to have a showing from everyone....or two..or three...or... Thanks for the Bluelab rec...
I have always been amazed what can be grown in a 1 gallon pot. Might have been a few rounds ago i tried the 1 gal pots. That was a pretty short veg on those if i remember right. The one thing that did catch me a little off guard was how often they needed watering in the heavy growth periods. Mine were in coco so that might be different but irrigating once a day was not really enough.

I have always been amazed what can be grown in a 1 gallon pot. Might have been a few rounds ago i tried the 1 gal pots. That was a pretty short veg on those if i remember right. The one thing that did catch me a little off guard was how often they needed watering in the heavy growth periods. Mine were in coco so that might be different but irrigating once a day was not really enough.
Once they hit that homestretch it’s almost daily watering. I don’t mind that aspect. I have problems with them toppling. Even with yo yos and stakes I seem to have one or two go timber...

Highsince76

Super Active Member

*Purple Punch S-1

Bag of Oranges S-1

These just came this AM.

Punch Bubble
Purple Dream

*Purple Punch S-1

Bag of Oranges S-1

These just came this AM.

Punch Bubble
Purple Dream

Not sure how much of a stretcher the PP is (was thinking pretty big); or if the one gallons will keep them vertical.
May have to "Tie the bitches down".
But one thing I was pretty sure of by following "out and about somewhere in the hills".
Sticky loves to grow!
He was having way to much fun in his garden all summer long! (Except during those scary fires)

But summer couldn't last forever and
I thought to myself, I bet he gets himself a light or two, to make it through the winter.
Sure enough... "Time for Change"
Hehe
It's the Love of the Plant!
I love it ! ... and looking forward to follow along for the winter season; As I'm sure others are.
Really want to see what some of those PP crosses do under them new qb's.
I've got a few PP crosses in the vault. But up to bat now is Alien og x GG4 thats been above the dirt about a week, and my area is not even close to being ready.

I need to freaking retire!

D

Deleted member 60

@Highsince76 ....A love for the plant....or a very bad habit...LOL. Sure don't need the buds and can't make a fuckin dime doin this anymore....so hey...it may come down to just tossin the shit @ some point. "Hey...nice plant..."WHHOOOOSH....right in the trash.... I'm smokin it as fast as I can but I'm not keepin up.....LOL... good thing it's the Holidays. I'll be able to drop some hash on some unwary peeps. Still workin on last year's supply.........haven't even touched the bags from this year.

Seeds are breaking ground. Not much else to see on that front. Pretty sure that the Punch Bubble seeds all already have tails this AM. Gotta have coffee and a joint before I care...but we'll see soon.

D

Deleted member 60

No worries man...I was seriously/super amazed you hung in there to be honest. I'm heavy handed and don't play those kinda games with herms. You just get culled and whoever "bred" you gets nixxed from the list of who I'm gonna buy seed from in the future...especially if you tell me it's me or my grow. Um...fuck you. Suck my dick. Not. It's you Mr. "Breeder" Dude....all you.

Ditto with stretchy bitches. WHACK! I just cut bait and cut the top out...for better or worse. If you wanna grow into my lights you'll find yourself far shorter or in the bin.. Not gonna yield anyway with 10" between nodes ....LOL. I hate that shit. Gimme a fat, squat bitch anyday..... Not growing for a market allows a lot of leeway. Don't need the weed...and don't need finicky bitches in my world. (I made sure I didn't marry one of those either...LOL) Gotta say I really miss growing a room of clones. Seeds kinda suck...LOL. Waiting for em to pop and figure their shit out is almost as bad as trimming....

Headin' to town this AM for some supplies.... will get enough dirt in case 2 galloners pop into the mix. I do hear what you guys are saying about toppling plants and quick drying. Would still flash fry em and go for beanpoles over bushes....cus if it all goes well and >everyone< decides to play I'll be pushing 30 plants or more in this 4 x 8.

Gotta make it hard, ya know what I'm sayin'?

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Definitely pulling up a rocking chair.💺🍿 The new lights'll be interesting. Also want to see you rock those purples p's.
Guess I better empty the old trick bag some and start lookin for the wallet grease just in case. PP and PB I have The PD I might want later.

Fwiw, my PP S1 doubled for me to 36" after 6 weeks. I was expecting taller. Mucho bud sites, I hope she can fill them out. It's going another 4 weeks minimum. I've got some clones getting ready that I'll run with minimum veg and see what's up.