Waiting For The Sun....Stiicky heads indoors

• Thread starter Deleted member 60
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 60

16 all trimmed up and let veg a month was a full tent here.... so i'm hopin double that with less veg....even in 2 gals...will still play OK. Gonna kinda have to...LOL. There's a good 15 above ground with a handful more that are helmeting into battle. Soaked 3 PBubs, 3 PDreams, and 3 BB S-1's. False alarm on the early tails but I'll bet by tomorrow somebody is rockin'.

Nice plants @Old ST1R . Ummmmm......just look at those when you wanna see what's up in my tent guys....LOL. I'll be hard pressed to play that well.

@BigBallzWillie ....my first PP didn't quite double. It also didn't have any smell. Ditto the Scarlett Johanseen I grew outdoors this year. Such I why I'm going PP heavy. Gotta be a few in here that will impress and some that probably won't. It is what it is since I don't take clones. Gonna be interesting.

D

Deleted member 60

Grabbed a Bluelab "Grower's Toolbox" a bit ago. Reading everyone's grow logs/comments about "deficiencies" I think I'm gonna have to be a bit less loosey goosey with my mixes using the LED's than I have been in the past with HID. Thanks for the recs, guys.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Grabbed a Bluelab "Grower's Toolbox" a bit ago. Reading everyone's grow logs/comments about "deficiencies" I think I'm gonna have to be a bit less loosey goosey with my mixes using the LED's than I have been in the past with HID. Thanks for the recs, guys.
Been eyeing that bitch for months. Soon I'll have the extra funds for that good shit. Lol. I recommend being aware of what your feeding and maybe even log it if you feel up to it. This is going to be great.giphy (86).gif

D

Deleted member 60

LOL...dunno about "great". Without the push of folks clamoring and whining for product or certain strains...I'm far too casual with all of it these days for any milestones/pizzazz. I'll leave that to you young uns.....

SSGrower

Average Grower
2 550 r specs, rip the bandaid off. I think you'll be fine.

I'm on well water for first time, using it raw might be a mistake I feel like CaCO might be an issue, not tested for that yet, ppm is 100. Gonna push through but seedlings looking rough.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
LOL...dunno about "great". Without the push of folks clamoring and whining for product or certain strains...I'm far too casual with all of it these days for any milestones/pizzazz. I'll leave that to you young uns.....
I'll hound you for certain strains then. How do you feel about sending cuts since you don't keep clones anymo'. Great as in great to watch unfold. Should be entertaining. Think you could be my first tester for next creation?

D

Deleted member 60

No qualms with sends @yougrowyourway .... but I doubt these will get that big before I flip em. If they do I'll let ya know. I'd love to test shit but I've spent too much on seeds I really need to run and not let go to shit (which they do...).

Yeah @SSGrower ....the well/creek water here is why I went with the pen. Last year....after I fucked up and didn't check shit and had a serious lock out 'cus my well pH is around 8...LOL. After that I was winging it with hot tub/spa pH strips...LOL. Figured out a "close" gig and just went with it. Didn't work too bad but yeah....not optimal for sure. Will be interesting to see what the ppm's are in both sources.

Did a second pop on some stuff that didn't wanna play in the first go. Should know total numbers I'll be sticking under the bling bling soon. Gonna be a few of each for sure.

D

Deleted member 60

Transplanted some girls yesterday and fired up the LED's. Went about 1/2 power cus I have no idea what to expect from this thing. Not much red....... I feel an HPS creeping into the mix somewhere. I miss the glow already. Time will tell......and I know they use 1/2 the power.... but they don't seem as bright as 2 -1000's to me.

Still have a few lagging behind that should join the group soon. Germ rates on some strains were pretty sucky so I didn't hit the numbers I thought I would. That's all I'm gonna say about that. Looks like 23 total if every one of the last 5 lagging behind make the grade. Decided on slightly larger pots because the lower numbers should allow the space to do it.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I don't have a cadillac like yours, but im using two smaller cheaper ones, if I lollipop the lowers or clone the heck out of them, with no topping, the main cola and some of the next levels bulk and frost the fuck up, but everything lower either stretches out or yellows. jme with the cheaper ones. But boy it does bring out the frost on them main colas and upper part of plants, that's for sure. Im using an HPS on one half of the tent and the two leds on the other half, lmfao. I know I got enough light and air goin, for sure. Good luck man, if anyone can rock those LED's, you ought to be able to do it.

D

Deleted member 60

I noticed that nobody is growing very big plants with these lights. (or I missed it) Not sure if it's just the way folks roll these days...solo cuppin it/etc. for large variety or what....but penetration seems to be an issue for sure. Sure not like the HID where you can run em close and know that the light is gettin in there fairly well. I hung em pretty high cus I'm not sure WTF to do...LOL......but I'm thinking @ this point that it's a good thing I don't need pot...

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I noticed that nobody is growing very big plants with these lights. (or I missed it) Not sure if it's just the way folks roll these days...solo cuppin it/etc. for large variety or what....but penetration seems to be an issue for sure. Sure not like the HID where you can run em close and know that the light is gettin in there fairly well. I hung em pretty high cus I'm not sure WTF to do...LOL......but I'm thinking @ this point that it's a good thing I don't need pot...
I grow monsters (by my standards)but would definitely need side lighting if I'm not tryna harvest half a plant at a time.

D

Deleted member 60

I've never done any testing. I think I missed the "dissect it" gene at birth.,....much like I missed the "pro sports" gene...LOL. I was always the guy hitting on yer lady when you were ignoring her while talking shop or watching "the game".....LOL. We all have our specialties! Yup.

thanks for the info on distance. It's prolly @ 4 ft now... had visions of fried little plants about 5 AM this morning.... I guess I should go check em...LOL. OK...after a few joints.....

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I've never done any testing. I think I missed the "dissect it" gene at birth.,....much like I missed the "pro sports" gene...LOL. I was always the guy hitting on yer lady when you were ignoring her while talking shop or watching "the game".....LOL. We all have our specialties! Yup.

thanks for the info on distance. It's prolly @ 4 ft now... had visions of fried little plants about 5 AM this morning.... I guess I should go check em...LOL. OK...after a few joints.....
Glad to hear I’m not the only one who didn’t get the “Pro Sports Gene”. Never had any interest in watching sports.

D

Deleted member 60

I always just backed out of the circle (with the doob) when I heard "My team"......much like i did when i moved out here and heard "I got MY Elk" (didn't get that gene either..LOL).

So I'm a popular guy by nature...LOL. Like i said....I always liked hanging with the women far more than wastin' time being all "macho" and stuff. (irony..oh..irony) Snicker.....

D

Deleted member 60

Here's the final count of who wanted to play:

First round:

Concord Crush -3
Purple Punch- 2
Honey Biscuit- 2
Herb-3
Banana Cocktail- 3
Bag Of Oranges- 2
Back to Cookies- 1
Chocolate Pie- 1

Second round:

Scarlett- 2
Back To Cookies- 1
Purple Bubblegum- 2
Purple Dream- 1

Decided to slap everyone in 2 gallon pots. First round is under the LED's and are rockin'. Second round is still in solos and under the t-5s but I saw roots tonight so I'll transplant them to bigger cans tomorrow. Thinking I'll give the first round another week or so of veg then flip em and see what happens. Will likely let round 2 veg the extra week or so then drop them in the tent with the others.

Fuckin pH pen is lost in USPSLand somewhere. Hopin it shows soon. If not...I'll cancel the charge and they can fuck with figuring out where it is/etc. Had to fall back on the hot tub strips to get kinda/sorta in the zone before things go south. Last year it took about 4 weeks of stupidity and then it was lock out city for the remainder of the grow.

Wood stove(s) are jammin'. Had single digit temps the last 2 nights and will be close to that tonight. Garage is 50's-low 60's w/o the lights....so temps in the tent are good to go. Just have some vents open now....will have to rig some ventilation for 12/12 soon to keep the humidity down.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

First round:

Concord Crush -3
Purple Punch- 2
Honey Biscuit- 2
Herb-3
Banana Cocktail- 3
Bag Of Oranges- 2
Back to Cookies- 1
Chocolate Pie- 1

Second round:

Scarlett- 2
Back To Cookies- 1
Purple Bubblegum- 2
Purple Dream- 1

Decided to slap everyone in 2 gallon pots. First round is under the LED's and are rockin'. Second round is still in solos and under the t-5s but I saw roots tonight so I'll transplant them to bigger cans tomorrow. Thinking I'll give the first round another week or so of veg then flip em and see what happens. Will likely let round 2 veg the extra week or so then drop them in the tent with the others.

Fuckin pH pen is lost in USPSLand somewhere. Hopin it shows soon. If not...I'll cancel the charge and they can fuck with figuring out where it is/etc. Had to fall back on the hot tub strips to get kinda/sorta in the zone before things go south. Last year it took about 4 weeks of stupidity and then it was lock out city for the remainder of the grow.

Wood stove(s) are jammin'. Had single digit temps the last 2 nights and will be close to that tonight. Garage is 50's-low 60's w/o the lights....so temps in the tent are good to go. Just have some vents open now....will have to rig some ventilation for 12/12 soon to keep the humidity down.
Got to thinking about all that watering didn't you.lol Last time a ran the 1 gals seemed like a couple of stretches they were sucking them dry almost twice a day.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

First round:

Concord Crush -3
Purple Punch- 2
Honey Biscuit- 2
Herb-3
Banana Cocktail- 3
Bag Of Oranges- 2
Back to Cookies- 1
Chocolate Pie- 1

Second round:

Scarlett- 2
Back To Cookies- 1
Purple Bubblegum- 2
Purple Dream- 1

I did make another order from 247 on some 3 gallon bags and yep the shipping was more expensive than the pots but still a good deal and i like the pot easy to handle and does not have those stupid floppy handles that are always getting in the way. Looking forward to watching the winter garden.

D

Deleted member 60

I'm getting pretty good meter readings from a similar light to yours. About 18" off canopy at full flower power is where I'm at currently.
Plant that's under it seems to be a happy one with that distance.
If I were using it as a veg light I'd do 24"-30" height covering a bit bigger area. Just my thoughts. Lol.
They do veg plants well. Lots of growth here.

Meter readings, huh? Ever check a 1000 watt MH/hps against these? That's what they say they will replace....but I gotta say...with the drop off at the sides...that seems to be a stretch here. I do like em......but when i unzip the tent I'm only mildly blinded...like 2-600's blinded....not 2 - 1000's blinded. Less energy but possibly less overall light as well(?) Definitely more "directional". Could just be the lack of light bouncing all around....dunno. I just grow plants....