Vertical Goodness and Other Batshit Craziness

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
There are lots of ways to grow and I'm not here to judge. I'm in RDWC for technical reasons; I'm not going to say it's easier or lower effort.
ell i just like watching em grow ,i love it! don't care how anyone does there own crop,i just like learning the different ways of growing!not here to judge any method of growing, just to learn ,more is my thing.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
ell i just like watching em grow ,i love it! don't care how anyone does there own crop,i just like learning the different ways of growing!not here to judge any method of growing, just to learn ,more is my thing.
I do RDWC because I can pull the plants out of one tub, carry them into the next room- or across town- and throw them in another tub. This lets me build staged spaces that are optimized for just one part of the life cycle; small ones for cuttings and juniors, bigger for those growing tall and another for training them on the trellis for the last few weeks before they find themselves in bloom- which is in yet another room.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
They throttled me because they don't like my politics lol

Oh well, their loss.
I don't need to go there for anything. They and every forum I participate in need to understand that I bring high value content wherever I go and that I insist on freedom of expression. I don't threaten anyone or dox them (like has been done to me there) but I say things about topics both in and out of the grow room that others might not always like to hear. Too bad; they're just words. Feel free to disagree and may the best ideas win!

But it is funny that Trollitup has to resort to throttling people whose views they don't like, LOL

One could say they're just following the neoliberal model of censorship of wrongthink that Silicon Valley practices... While still insisting we live in a country that values freedom of expression!
Just so people know where I stand.

They'll be going into 8" netpot bucket lids, the 2" cube of coco coir they're in more will be surrounded by expanded clay pellets. They'll sit in a 3x3' flood table under a spread pattern 180W LED light.
Salute ttystikk, have you found any particular benefit(s) using the 8" netpot bucket lids over the standard 6"? I have like 4 10" lids that I never use because they just take too much hydroton to fill them up.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Just so people know where I stand.
over there they have a habit of that kind of thing , another reason for the changes , people are making!
Salute ttystikk, have you found any particular benefit(s) using the 8" netpot bucket lids over the standard 6"? I have like 4 10" lids that I never use because they just take too much hydroton to fill them up.
things like this i need to know even tho i dont do hydro, i still like the growth rates!

Last edited:

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Since it's the only size I've ever run, I can't say that I have. I've seen people running the 6" netpots and they had great results and less clay pellets to deal with.