Vertical Goodness and Other Batshit Craziness

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
My issue with using the buckets the plants are in to create the DO Is they are so filled with roots surface area would be limited. Creating the DO is a separate bucket and pumping it to the roots is a fail safe. I'm not a fan of using small hoses as they could possibly clog. I like big pipes to to let gravity keep every level and use the small stuff to direct the water
The aeration happens as soon as the water comes out of the waterfall opening. As it hits the water's surface, more oxygenation happens, along with breaking up any layer of scum that forms. Therefore all the oxygenation happens above the roots. If your roots clog the buckets that much, use bigger buckets! Lol

The size of the lines at the bottom doesn't matter as long as they keep up with the water flow coming in. I use several 1" outlets so if some clog the others will keep working. The smallest openings in the whole system are the 1/2” tees I use for the waterfalls.

Another way to ensure maximum oxygenation could be to use a venturi in the line between the pump and the waterfalls. That way you wouldn't need the second pump you're talking about using.

I try to use tub sites that are bigger than the plants need so they don't get root blind.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I'm moving 3 of these girls at a time into new racks. The three pictured need to be topped so they spread out to the upper corners and don't just shoot off the top of the trellis panel. I want to make sure they have plenty of time to fill out before hitting the bloom room because I want personal best yield numbers from them.

Those tops will go in the cloner because it's pretty fuckin' obvious this strain lives to climb!

By contrast, I have a tray full of MAC1 clones that are a whole foot tall after 2 months. They keep that shit up and they'll get their own table in April LMAO

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'm moving 3 of these girls at a time into new racks. The three pictured need to be topped so they spread out to the upper corners and don't just shoot off the top of the trellis panel. I want to make sure they have plenty of time to fill out before hitting the bloom room because I want personal best yield numbers from them.

Those tops will go in the cloner because it's pretty fuckin' obvious this strain lives to climb!

By contrast, I have a tray full of MAC1 clones that are a whole foot tall after 2 months. They keep that shit up and they'll get their own table in April LMAO
How the hell do you move those to another room?

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
How the hell do you move those to another room?
The roots are in RDWC so they lift right out. The trellis panels are semirigid 4x6' sections of fencing so one person unhooks it from the ceiling, tilts it over and holds that end, then another grabs the bottom, lift the roots out of the RDWC and sets them in a 5 gallon bucket. Then they carry the whole thing sideways into the next room- or even up the basement stairs and into the back of a truck. Yes, they're that portable because they're clipped to the trellis panel.

This portability is how I can build every space from nursery to bloom to be exactly the size, shape and wattage needed for that stage of the plants' development and it's how I can run my bloom rooms with no downtime for veg.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
The roots are in RDWC so they lift right out. The trellis panels are semirigid 4x6' sections of fencing so one person unhooks it from the ceiling, tilts it over and holds that end, then another grabs the bottom, lift the roots out of the RDWC and sets them in a 5 gallon bucket. Then they carry the whole thing sideways into the next room- or even up the basement stairs and into the back of a truck. Yes, they're that portable because they're clipped to the trellis panel.

This portability is how I can build every space from nursery to bloom to be exactly the size, shape and wattage needed for that stage of the plants' development and it's how I can run my bloom rooms with no downtime for veg.
Very impressive man, you have got this down solid.
Following along, even though I'm just a lazy soil grower.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin

Mac1 is weird, it grows slow and has hardly any side branching that grows out. It's a perfect sog plant.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
So here's a strange story;
Night before last I kept waking up with chest pains. Yesterday they were still there, intermittently all day long and started heading down my left arm. So by about 5 I'm getting nervous, tell my GF what's going on and she's like "we're going to the ER" and I'm not gonna argue with that tone of voice.

So we get there, they do all the tests and my heart and blood work are fuckin' fine. 100%. They tell me people my age wish their heart, cholesterol, etc were in the same shape as mine.

But the weird thing is that they had zero explanation for what I actually was feeling. They also said it's totally fine to go to the ER and have a false alarm, so I guess that's the lesson.

So I dunno. Anyway, y'all motherfuckers gonna have to try harder than that to get rid of me!