Ufc

Who’s gonna win

• Dustin Poirier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

larf

Don’t get me wrong I definitely think UFC fighters should be making a bit more, but at the same time they’re the ones signing the contracts too. They need a union or simply start signing with Bellator or other organizations.
It annoys me how they sign a multi-fight contract and for whatever reason think they can immediately renegotiate after winning a fight. I'm sure there are clauses on both ends, but either sign a one fight deal each time or get a lawyer who can read fine print.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
but either sign a one fight deal each time
Not really a good way to have a secure lifestyle, and groceries.

They sign contracts. Period. If they want to renegotiate a contract, it happens a lot. But the contract holder can always say "fuck you" and have all the legal backing he needs.

Now that most other pro sports have hit a decline in people giving a shit due to their decision to play woke games instead of sports - watch the multi-million-dollar quarterbacks (for example) start having to renegotiate their contracts down - for the good of the team.

One thing the gubmint pushing "essential" this and that did was make us realize that none of these entertainers are essential.

Kulla380

Really Active Member
I hope Masvidal knocks Cheeseboy the fuck out but he does takes a lot of chances...
Did you see the press conference? Haha damn those 2 don't like eachother anymore. I bet they will continue to talk shit for 5 rounds in the octagon.
Khabib style. Let's talk now. Smesh

larf

Not really a good way to have a secure lifestyle, and groceries.

They sign contracts. Period. If they want to renegotiate a contract, it happens a lot. But the contract holder can always say "fuck you" and have all the legal backing he needs.

Now that most other pro sports have hit a decline in people giving a shit due to their decision to play woke games instead of sports - watch the multi-million-dollar quarterbacks (for example) start having to renegotiate their contracts down - for the good of the team.

One thing the gubmint pushing "essential" this and that did was make us realize that none of these entertainers are essential.
True, but neither is signing a crappy multi-fight deal because you think you're owed a renegotiation for a victory, but instead having to fight out the rest of that long contract on 50 show / 50 win checks.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
True, but neither is signing a crappy multi-fight deal because you think you're owed a renegotiation for a victory, but instead having to fight out the rest of that long contract on 50 show / 50 win checks.
What about the guy with the 5 fight contract? Looks great on a reality TV show, gets to the big leagues and getting his contract is all he can do. He sucks, and now Dana has to put his sorry ass on at least a few more undercards.

It works both ways.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wanna get rich in the weed industry? Build a better bong. Growing weed is fun but it's gonna be a grind.
Wanna get rich in professional sports? Commentate, coach, or open a gym. Fighting is fun but it's gonna be a grind.

One of those things where if you can have a career at something you love it's not like work.

larf

What about the guy with the 5 fight contract? Looks great on a reality TV show, gets to the big leagues and getting his contract is all he can do. He sucks, and now Dana has to put his sorry ass on at least a few more undercards.

It works both ways.
I don't really care about the ones who can't win or at least draw enough of a crowd to justify being kept around. It's prize fighting.

larf

"In the name of god these children will be healed!!!" make me laugh. Bryce Mitchell is a good dude though.

larf

I watched the last couple of fights on my phone sitting in the mall parking lot waiting for my son to get out of the movies. Then when he did, we sat there and watched the last few rounds of the Masvidal vs Covington fight. It was a strange and kind of cool experience.

larf

I'll get to watch it tomorrow night :cool:

I'd appreciate any UFC conversation being limited to this thread :ROFLMAO:
Damn, that sucks. The last time I got drunk I was in some hippie mountain town bar somewhere above Denver, and missed the entire first McGregor vs Diaz fight while working on what would be the worst hangover of my life.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Damn, that sucks. The last time I got drunk I was in some hippie mountain town bar somewhere above Denver, and missed the entire first McGregor vs Diaz fight while working on what would be the worst hangover of my life.
My evil twin brother pirates that shit, but the site won't have it uploaded until tomorrow. 😁