Ufc

Who’s gonna win

• Dustin Poirier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My evil twin brother downloads the fights from early prelims to the main event so we don't have to pay ever. We don't get to see it until a day or two after it airs, but I haven't watched ESPN since they decided we cared about the political opinion of athletes or commentators. So it's not like I'm gonna see a highlight reel and ruin watching it whenever I have time :)

Wattzzup

I don’t understand why the UFC can’t make money with a major network like every other sport. Why can’t the major networks bid on it like other sports? If it was more profitable to do pay per view, I would imagine more sports would be that way, no?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don’t understand why the UFC can’t make money with a major network like every other sport. Why can’t the major networks bid on it like other sports? If it was more profitable to do pay per view, I would imagine more sports would be that way, no?
You may notice they don't have sponsorships like everyone from NFL players to NASCAR. Since my stuff is pirated I don't even hear the ESPN commercials - just dead air and a picture of the empty ring - like you would have at the arena. They have Modelo and the military - and a few other small sponsors.

They don't have to bow to Woke-a-Cola and such, but someone has to pay that per-fight salary the fighters are getting.

These fighters aren't making too little - Most other televised sports stars are making outrageously too much, and it is not sustainable. One fight and the fighter can pay their living expenses for the year. That probably ain't bad compared to getting their ass beat for nothing trying to get there.

Wattzzup

These fighters aren't making too little - Most other televised sports stars are making outrageously too much, and it is not sustainable. One fight and the fighter can pay their living expenses for the year. That probably ain't bad compared to getting their ass beat for nothing trying to get there.
Most other sports have a Union and they split the tv money up. That’s why they make “too much” (according to you)

They’re performing and putting their physical and mental health on the line every event.

Most of the fighters don’t get paid that much. Some of the fighters are making $30,000-$60,000. On top of that they have to pay managers and coaches too I would assume. That’s too much to you? Guess we have to agree to disagree.

Standing out to many were two major numbers. First, that half of the 22 fighters on the card had a base pay of $20,000 or less.

Last edited:

Streetpro09

Tester
Most other sports have a Union and they split the tv money up. That’s why they make “too much” (according to you)

They’re performing and putting their physical and mental health on the line every event.

Most of the fighters don’t get paid that much. Some of the fighters are making $30,000-$60,000. On top of that they have to pay managers and coaches too I would assume. That’s too much to you? Guess we have to agree to disagree.

Standing out to many were two major numbers. First, that half of the 22 fighters on the card had a base pay of $20,000 or less.

At that rate it sounds like they're just doing it for the money. Where's the love for the sport? Oh yea, capitalism rocks!!! 🤘🤘

Streetpro09

Tester
The fact that the ufc doesn't provide ALL of its fighters free health/mental health care floors me. It will be interesting to see what the response from Mr. Greed Clean will be to JP's little diddy.
That's definitely crazy for a company that size. Depending on how it's wrote up, i would kinda assume, all fighters are considered independent contractors and they are responsible for themselves?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

I am not defending anything but the fact that if you are making $30k-$60k in one fight, with a fair chance of getting a $50k bonus, and you can do this 3-4 times per year, YOU ARE NOT OPPRESSED.

It's your chosen profession and it was like that when you chose it. If you want to get major corporate sponsors to support your 'team' and you can pay the top fighter (your quarterback) several million - while the undercards make lineman pay - that's fine. But someone has to pay the fighters. Not to mention that some of them played Big Brother type reality TV games to try and get a chance to sign one of these terrible contracts.

I'm not feeling the sympathy. If it's wrong, fix it. Not my problem. But if you woke the fuck out of it like the NFL did and make people stop watching eventually you can't pay the million-dollar players.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The NFL shares the TV revenue with the teams who can then afford to pay the players. Including their healthcare. Glad they’re “woke as fuck”

the viewers are already back.
The NFL lost life-long fans that will never look back when they decided to go political and not fine some jackass protesting on company time. They were scared of the backlash for doing the right thing vs Kappernazi. Goodell failed miserably, and when the owners decided unanimously to renew his contract we left in droves.

larf

The NFL lost life-long fans that will never look back when they decided to go political and not fine some jackass protesting on company time.
How many did they lose long term really? I couldn't even stop eating Chick Fil A, and being a chicken sandwich fan isn't a huge part of my identity.

Wattzzup

The NFL lost life-long fans that will never look back when they decided to go political and not fine some jackass protesting on company time. They were scared of the backlash for doing the right thing vs Kappernazi. Goodell failed miserably, and when the owners decided unanimously to renew his contract we left in droves.
So a guy peacefully protesting bothered you? A guy decided that the cause was bigger than his career. And that bothered you?

Who’s the “we” that left? I just posted that they’re already back.

I think the Nazi’s were the ones telling him he “had” to stand.

larf

I don't really like when politics get wedged into my safe space of two guys bludgeoning each other. I personally think lower draw fighters should get paid more so that they don't have to work a side job, and the high draw fighters should relax a little because they are already making a lot of money. Floyd Mayweather makes obscene cash because he started his own successful promotion, but he would still be very rich if he was in even Don King's stable. The undercard guys are the ones getting screwed, yet not everyone can be Conor McGregor. Everyone's greed at the top leads to a lot of trampled crabs at the bottom of the pot.

Brettman

Grower of BIG FAT COLAS
Don’t get me wrong I definitely think UFC fighters should be making a bit more, but at the same time they’re the ones signing the contracts too. They need a union or simply start signing with Bellator or other organizations.