Tokin’ Tunes

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I know - George Harrison - Beatles - yada yada.
The Wilbury's got the "my later solo career" Harrison which was so ugly for so many artists...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F.

so I guess there's no genius in this clip? I challenge you to identify what language the extraordinarily cool gentleman is employing in the song.

First, bilingual doesn't equal genius - so there's that. Musically I saw no genius. Not rushing to I-tunes to buy my copy.

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
First, bilingual doesn't equal genius - so there's that.
"
"Prisencolinensinainciusol" is a song texted and composed by Adriano Celentano. It was first released as a single in 1972, and later on his album Nostalrock (1973).

The song is deliberately meant to sound to its intended Italian audience like English spoken with an American accent, but the lyrics are actually pure gibberish, with the exception of the words "all right."
Celentano's intention with the song was to explore communications barriers.
"Ever since I started singing, I was very influenced by American music and everything Americans did. So at a certain point, because I like American slang - which, for a singer, is much easier to sing than Italian - I thought that I would write a song which would only have as its theme the inability to communicate. And to do this, I had to write a song where the lyrics didn't mean anything."

-- https://lyricstranslate.com

9608e75eb592f97443b4009554d2dfea.gif

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
"
"Prisencolinensinainciusol" is a song texted and composed by Adriano Celentano. It was first released as a single in 1972, and later on his album Nostalrock (1973).

The song is deliberately meant to sound to its intended Italian audience like English spoken with an American accent, but the lyrics are actually pure gibberish, with the exception of the words "all right."
Celentano's intention with the song was to explore communications barriers.
"Ever since I started singing, I was very influenced by American music and everything Americans did. So at a certain point, because I like American slang - which, for a singer, is much easier to sing than Italian - I thought that I would write a song which would only have as its theme the inability to communicate. And to do this, I had to write a song where the lyrics didn't mean anything."

-- https://lyricstranslate.com

View attachment 80048
Having only one language, and not being able to communicate in it is even farther from genius :)