Tokin’ Tunes

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I play guitar, so naturally I'm drawn to the drum covers 🤷‍♂️ Guitar covers are all the same. You can play it or you can't. Unless you're real young or only have one arm or something then that shit doesn't impress me:cool:

But every drummer has a different kit, different style, and there are hundreds of ways to try and make it sound like the original. On a song I know well enough to pick out the intricacies I like seeing how they do this. Posted one before, here's two others. If you don't like Tool then go find your own damn videos :ROFLMAO:

Doesn't he look like your union plumber neighbor, or your girlfriends dad in high school? Pretty much anything but a rock and roll drummer?
HA! Totally, until he starts playing the drums... Then he looks like John Bonham and Neil Peart somehow hooked up with with the same amazon groupie and she magically got preggerz and out he came. God damn that guy can play the drums.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I play guitar and there are masters out there, but I' have never been a steve vai fan. He's technical, noodles and squeals a lot, and plays "look what I can do" with little feeling - if you get me. Might have had to do with the bands he hooked up with in the 80's and who he was replacing at the time.

and the much overlooked Terry Cath

Vai gets a lot of hate for just being a flashy shredder and Frank Zappa once told Steve Vai his guitar tone sounded “like an electric ham sandwich” but he so fun to watch play and some of his songs are absolutely amazing imho.