The Upward Spyral

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Looks awesome bro! Very impressive. My approach with the scrog has been one top per square, and anything extra gets cut, and anything and everything below the net gets cut too.
Thanks man! That was some contortionist shit. We've pruned plants in coco with a lot more space and the ability to move pots around but these plants are totally different and immobile. It's like the branches are more "crisp" and snap like celery so wasn't too sure about how far to defoliate. Yea same here with the net approach. Starting earlier would have been better but they blew up so fast.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Thanks man! That was some contortionist shit. We've pruned plants in coco with a lot more space and the ability to move pots around but these plants are totally different and immobile. It's like the branches are more "crisp" and snap like celery so wasn't too sure about how far to defoliate. Yea same here with the net approach. Starting earlier would have been better but they blew up so fast.
I believe the megacrop may help with your stems too. I use to get stems like that. Now I can bend them however I want. I can just bend them at a complete 90 degree angle and they don't even snap lol. I think it's the silica in it maybe

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I ran a SCROG on my first indoor grow and I really liked it. It produced a very nice even canopy with a very nice yield. But like you mentioned, it becomes a challenge to access some parts of the plants in the tent. Even with my tent, as I can open three full sides if needed, it was still a challenge. I continued to tuck, weave, and super crop until the end of stretch. I also only filled the net to about 70% before flipping them. By the end of stretch, 98% of the tent was full of tops wall to wall.

I ended up trying bamboo stakes on my second run and while the yield dropped off some, I prefer the ease and mobility of moving the plants around. I also gained close to a foot in growth height since I removed the drain table and drain table stand. Now my pots just sit on the tent floor and I pull each one out to water. It's nice being able to really assess them 360 degrees. I use a five gallon bucket and a grilling grate over the top of it to water the plants on now.

I would definitely go back to SCROG if I had a dedicated run and I was looking for yield. It's a great producing, fun method to use. Even with the loss of mobility.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
I believe the megacrop may help with your stems too. I use to get stems like that. Now I can bend them however I want. I can just bend them at a complete 90 degree angle and they don't even snap lol. I think it's the silica in it maybe
That's really good to know thanks! It made me go *TING* ๐Ÿ’ก the trunks are chunky though, very sturdy plants otherwise. I read using Epsom instead of cal mag or something, have to check back into that.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
I ran a SCROG on my first indoor grow and I really liked it. It produced a very nice even canopy with a very nice yield. But like you mentioned, it becomes a challenge to access some parts of the plants in the tent. Even with my tent, as I can open three full sides if needed, it was still a challenge. I continued to tuck, weave, and super crop until the end of stretch. I also only filled the net to about 70% before flipping them. By the end of stretch, 98% of the tent was full of tops wall to wall.

I ended up trying bamboo stakes on my second run and while the yield dropped off some, I prefer the ease and mobility of moving the plants around. I also gained close to a foot in growth height since I removed the drain table and drain table stand. Now my pots just sit on the tent floor and I pull each one out to water. It's nice being able to really assess them 360 degrees. I use a five gallon bucket and a grilling grate over the top of it to water the plants on now.

I would definitely go back to SCROG if I had a dedicated run and I was looking for yield. It's a great producing, fun method to use. Even with the loss of mobility.
Excellent insight. Experience teaching at its finest. When we were in coco it was 5-7 gal fabric pots. Smart pots didn't have handles but amazon ones did. Man those handles came in real handy because it was all hand water and 30+ plants at one point. Hence the need for some sort of automation (@shimz auto doser looks pretty badass). Not quite there yet but would like to at least have a res with drip lines or something.
Scrog for now, at least a semi-scrog. Sacrifice one thing for another. The height thing is a MF. Once we get some experience with the net I hope to get that nice spread of tops.
On the mobility, we were at harbor freight one day and my girl went ๐Ÿ’ก and grabbed the swivel rollaway height adjustable mechanic seat on sale. Used it for pruning and end chop. 360 degree coverage while sitting on a chair, really saves on the back ๐Ÿค•

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Switched to megacrop last night. So far so good. Flower mid week 2 or so. Tallest plant over 4 feet tall from top of pot. HPS had to go, no more clearance even with shorter hooks. Got some light burn on the tallest plant leaves (not pictured).
ECSD - tips curling up indicating light too close; kinda looks like ๐Ÿ–•

Bridezilla - not as close to the light. Tips seem slightly yellow. Light burn or nute burn or both? About 850 ppm and dropping. Ph 5.7 and steady no need to ph up.

Moved the ph and tds probes into the epi. Used a cloning puck as a grommet of sorts. Now there is real time monitoring of ph and ppm. Reservoir was always staying pretty much the same so thought it would be more useful in the epi where there's more action. A bit more effort to test res ph/ppm using the same probes but overall worth it.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Iโ€™ve flown a Cessna and a super cub high af my friend. ๐Ÿ˜† true story. Thatโ€™s prob a big time offence eh lol ewwwps
@Uncle Romulus do you still have your pilots lic? I went up in a cessna years ago on the coast looking for large schools of fish. My biggest take away from that is how loud the engine was. Only way to communicate is through head phones.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
@Uncle Romulus do you still have your pilots lic? I went up in a cessna years ago on the coast looking for large schools of fish. My biggest take away from that is how loud the engine was. Only way to communicate is through head phones.
Naw I wish. Never had my license. Ive found they donโ€™t pull you over much up there lol. Havenโ€™t been up in a couple years tho. I really loved the cub but pretty twitchy and not great if itโ€™s windy

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
But ain't it always windy up there? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
There is wind in the sky yes. The wind is real. โ€œI know a lot about wind.. I know a lot about wind.โ€
You fly quite low in small aircraft. They are a fairly rough ride most days. Iโ€™ve also flown in dozens of others as a passenger. On Floats and skis often. So donโ€™t tell me about the f@ckin wind, Hillary! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†