The Upward Spyral

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Thanks man. First rodeo on dry nutes. Probably going to try mixing dry in the res to feel it out then use your solution trick if it gets weird. Did you eyeball the amount to make the solution? Keep it in the fridge or room temp?
I keep it at room temp. And yea, I just added a random amount of scoops. I kept track of how many tho, so I know how many to add in the future to keep it approximately the same strength.

Once you get a set strength down for your formula it becomes real easy cuz then you know exactly how many ppm/gal it will raise your water.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I was so happy to read that. Shit was definitely worth it. I saw the water pic and was like oh well that what the liner was for where's the shop vac lol. Absolutely A1 setup sour seriously definitely see alot of thought went into this. My only recommendation is defoliate. Other then you are doing a beyond superb job. Oh and go half the recommended. Not familiar with it, just that's what I apply to most things maybe even go a quarter.
Thanks YGYW sincerely appreciate that! Thanks for stopping in πŸ˜ƒ yea the defoliation is going to get a bit more aggressive. Second "faux scrog net" is in the cards. Didn't think it was necessary but @Texagonian suggested it and I think he may be on to something, at least the way these plants are reacting combined with the lack of head space.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I second the defoliation idea. You could probably remove 100 leaves and you would be fine. You should have seen the amount of leaves I pulled from my scrog last night! Enough to fill a small bucket, but the plants love the airflow and the increased light penetration.

Hope you don't mind the pics but they speak a thousand words. Look at the light and how far it penetrates after defoliation, and how dark the plant is before. That shit wasn't even getting light, and it was just raising my humidity which ain't good in flower. And it's a prime spot for powdery mildew. Just a friendly suggestion lol

View attachment 11792View attachment 11793
Thanks man. Definitely don't mind the pics. I love seeing your grow especially because of the similarities. Visuals are great, help with troubleshooting. Yea gotta start hacking away. Im guessing any lowers that don't have bud sites are definitely going. Just defol'd not too long ago too. Guess it wasn't aggressive enough. Round 2 πŸ””

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I keep it at room temp. And yea, I just added a random amount of scoops. I kept track of how many tho, so I know how many to add in the future to keep it approximately the same strength.

Once you get a set strength down for your formula it becomes real easy cuz then you know exactly how many ppm/gal it will raise your water.
Awesome. It started getting that way with GH3. The pinch of this and dash of that chef thing. Good lookin' out πŸ‘Š

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
They're probably beyond happy lol curious to see how you get creative with this one. The tents door doesn't wrap all the way around?
no :( next run we are going to rotate the tent 90 degrees to have access to both side windows. Only lame part is the door will be facing an 8in board from the trough that needs to be stepped over in a small space next to the bed lol. Adapt and overcome.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
So by rotating it you get access to your windows but limit your access to the main door?
Yes and no. The main door will still be accessible, just a little more cumbersome to get to. As it is, one window is accessible and the other is against a wall, I can only reach in but not step in through there. Bringing the epi bucket outside will not only allow room for two more sites but frees up the entry point to the space in between the buckets, a little "breezeway" so to speak. Right now the epi bucket blocks the way to the breezeway and it's near impossible to step over or around. Hence go go gadget arms.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Yes and no. The main door will still be accessible, just a little more cumbersome to get to. As it is, one window is accessible and the other is against a wall, I can only reach in but not step in through there. Bringing the epi bucket outside will not only allow room for two more sites but frees up the entry point to the space in between the buckets, a little "breezeway" so to speak. Right now the epi bucket blocks the way to the breezeway and it's near impossible to step over or around. Hence go go gadget arms.
🀣🀣🀣 inspector spyralout 🀣🀣🀣 I think that's the move to make...as long as you can still get in that's all that matters. Moving the bucket outside will definitely help. Can't wait for the 2.0 setup.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Look at me rushing for the 2.0 lol right tho let's finish top 3...the garage is gonna be something...I can't wait for fall can't stand the humidity in the summer rn.
Last year's coco and soil grows in the garage were absolutely exhausting in the summer. Portable AC inside the tent running 24/7. It never cycled off because of the extreme heat. 15 straight days of 105+ degrees outside, at least 10 degrees higher inside. Semi dry heat so humidity wasn't that big of a problem. But man sweating BALLS hand watering 15 plants at night even lol. Then came winter. Humidity problems arose then. 80 pint dehumidifier emptied every morning. I think we had 32 plants or something at one point. My GF went ape shit popping bag seed along with clones. The bag seed was 100% female. All collected over the years, it was rare to find a seed. We couldn't bring ourselves to kill off a healthy plant so we made room. Ended up losing a few to spider mites. Fuck those things airtight with a spiky studded baseball bat. Need to sanitize the garage for this winter. We kept it clean but the mites came outta nowhere. Hay fields behind our pad so always some sorta bugs. We started outdoors then moved inside. So that was part of the reason. Always learn something every run that can be applied to the next.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Where are the before and after pics??!
Also I would swap out the res before running megacrop.
Lights just came on so I'll have those up. Almost afraid to show them πŸ˜…
I was going to mix a new res worth of megacrop. I meant by the system buckets, they have about 3 gal each and are fed via float valve from the res. Wondering if I just let the res trickle in with megacrop to the buckets with current nutes (GH3) while maintaining similar ph and PPM or refresh the whole thing with megacrop.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Lights just came on so I'll have those up. Almost afraid to show them πŸ˜…
I was going to mix a new res worth of megacrop. I meant by the system buckets, they have about 3 gal each and are fed via float valve from the res. Wondering if I just let the res trickle in with megacrop to the buckets with current nutes (GH3) while maintaining similar ph and PPM or refresh the whole thing with megacrop.
Personally I wouldn't mix different nutes companies. Don't be afraid as long as each plant has at least one fan leaf you're good. I really am extreme in defoliation a hundred leaves a plant at a time.