The Upward Spyral

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I may try slipping the ties back on. All of the growth in the middle was smushed like a huge pre flower lol. I think they're about to hit overdrive. 40 PPM drop with steady or slightly rising pH per day - hungry - need to raise the nutes a bit. See if we can hit that sweet spot.
You are putting the zip tie on backwards right? Not really sure that just super cropping doesn't achieve the same goal. Maybe a little less stressful but a lot more work.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
😃
20191006_120947.jpg

20191006_121018.jpg

20191006_121236.jpg

Had to get these in the F&D totes. 2 late beans haven't popped yet but these are stretching too hard, and the roots are getting long. So there will be some blank spots in the tote for some beans to play catch up in the farm league until they hopefully get up to speed.
This particular one is 9 Pound Blueberry (Hyper Blueberry Blast x 9 Pound Hammer) - @Phylex.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
F&D Totes 3 & 4 are now almost filled. A few seeds had a hard time popping, so after some replacements and a resurrection, we have a couple of blank spots for now, waiting for two new seeds in the rooter tray.

20191006_175306.jpg
Tote 3.JPG
9PB = 9 Pound Blueberry - @Phylex
XF = X-Files - @Phylex

As you can see, 9PB #2 is one that looked like it was damping off, then was resurrected and started to make a comeback. XF #1 & #2 are empty. 2 rooters with an original and a damp off replacement, both struggling, and another 2 rooters with new seeds were popped just in case. They are in the rooter tray and will be transplanted once they get a few days on them after breaking ground. Not sure what is going to happen if all of them make it, which would leave us with two extra 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

20191006_174603.jpg
Tote 4.JPG
DBB = Dynoberry Bites - @thenotsoesoteric
CNC = Cookies n Chem F2 - @macsnax
DDB = Double Dawg Biscuits - @macsnax
HH = Heathen Hammer (Warband Edition) - @Heathenraider

No problems with breaking ground or any funny stuff. DBB #1, the one that popped up first, off to an early lead, ahead of the others by about 1 car length.
Both totes at about 650PPM megacrop and silica (used this first because pH was too low; next change out will be cal mag). 2x T5 4ft/4bulb sitting just a few inches above them, with another 3x T5s on standby for whatever should come next 🤫;). Picked up 4 excellent condition Sun Systems for $25/ea. No need for anything fancy since we're running 3 week veg or less and the plants get to a pretty good size before flip.
The idea is to flip these totes by the time the first set of totes have about 3-4 weeks of flower time logged (which will be in 2-3 weeks).

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
F&D Totes 3 & 4 are now almost filled. A few seeds had a hard time popping, so after some replacements and a resurrection, we have a couple of blank spots for now, waiting for two new seeds in the rooter tray.

View attachment 24890
View attachment 24892
XF = X-Files - @Phylex

As you can see, 9PB #2 is one that looked like it was damping off, then was resurrected and started to make a comeback. XF #1 & #2 are empty. 2 rooters with an original and a damp off replacement, both struggling, and another 2 rooters with new seeds were popped just in case. They are in the rooter tray and will be transplanted once they get a few days on them after breaking ground. Not sure what is going to happen if all of them make it, which would leave us with two extra 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

View attachment 24893
View attachment 24894

No problems with breaking ground or any funny stuff. DBB #1, the one that popped up first, off to an early lead, ahead of the others by about 1 car length.
Both totes at about 650PPM megacrop and silica (used this first because pH was too low; next change out will be cal mag). 2x T5 4ft/4bulb sitting just a few inches above them, with another 3x T5s on standby for whatever should come next 🤫;). Picked up 4 excellent condition Sun Systems for $25/ea. No need for anything fancy since we're running 3 week veg or less and the plants get to a pretty good size before flip.
The idea is to flip these totes by the time the first set of totes have about 3-4 weeks of flower time logged (which will be in 2-3 weeks).
Looking good man, be fun to watch them all grow. Be some interesting flavors in that mix, kudos and best of luck!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

View attachment 24890
View attachment 24892
XF = X-Files - @Phylex

View attachment 24893
View attachment 24894

Man that's crazy good growth you are getting out of those systems. That is very close to twice as fast as coco. This round it took me 5 weeks of veg to get where you were at in 3 weeks . I could speed my growth up some by feeding more often but i am a little shy of that because of possibly attracting fungus gnats again.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Man that's crazy good growth you are getting out of those systems. That is very close to twice as fast as coco. This round it took me 5 weeks of veg to get where you were at in 3 weeks . I could speed my growth up some by feeding more often but i am a little shy of that because of possibly attracting fungus gnats again.
It is mesmerizing to watch. I think you would really enjoy a F&D tote. Very cost effective, low maintenance, modular, portable, customizable, etc. Even so, I honestly enjoy watching all methods of grow. Yours is very clean and dialed, always something I can pick up and learn from it. Plants look consistently gorgeous and happy. I bet those blumats or something similar will give you that extra edge you're looking for.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN

View attachment 24890
View attachment 24892
XF = X-Files - @Phylex

View attachment 24893
View attachment 24894

Cool stuff brah, you're going to have a nice variety on your hands soon.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
We were at the biggest hydro store in our area today and saw people pulling up to a huge ass pile of mixed soil and dump their used stuff into it. I asked the store guy about it and he said yea, people dump everything, soil, coco...I asked if they left rockwool in it and he said yea everything, they just run a tractor over it once a week and it disintegrates back into the mix. He said it's a great mix and they sell a shitload of it. I thought rockwool doesn't break down 🤨never seen this before...
Side note, a couple of guys were unloading a truck bed full of used Gavita 1000w DE units, probably at least 50 units, I think to sell off to the store. Sign of the times. Even though there wasn't a single LED in the whole warehouse.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
We were at the biggest hydro store in our area today and saw people pulling up to a huge ass pile of mixed soil and dump their used stuff into it. I asked the store guy about it and he said yea, people dump everything, soil, coco...I asked if they left rockwool in it and he said yea everything, they just run a tractor over it once a week and it disintegrates back into the mix. He said it's a great mix and they sell a shitload of it. I thought rockwool doesn't break down 🤨never seen this before...
Side note, a couple of guys were unloading a truck bed full of used Gavita 1000w DE units, probably at least 50 units, I think to sell off to the store. Sign of the times. Even though there wasn't a single LED in the whole warehouse.
Even tho they are outdated, one of those de gavitas would be sweet if it’s cheap. I always wanted one personally. They make the cheap se units look silly

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
The ET finger would work great. 😉
Here's what I look for. At the main stem nodes first is where they'll show up.
Little tiny mini cabbage looking spots. Rounded with a very short stem. When opening they kinda look like a little claw type shape. Those are the balls.
Girls will be tight to the stem and teardropped shaped. With a white hair that'll come out when farther along.
They do look similar when first arriving, but will show if you can see well enough, or get a good zoom.
I often use my camera to get a good focused shot, then zoom in to have a look.
Camera doesn't wanna focus very well unless I give it something bigger to focus in on. Like a fingertip next to the preflowers. Lol
Yup, you're dead on. They're far enough along to see for certain they're boys. As soon as you see that tiny leaf nub instead of hairs it's confirmed. Even before they open, only on the male preflowers, there's that tiny sharp side leaf that looks like a ridge ending at the tip of the bud. I don't remember ever seeing that leaf on any of the elongated vaselike female preflowers. Thinking back, I can see what you're saying about their location being an early clue as well. The males are further out into the crotch of the branch. I'll see how early I can identify using position next spring.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Much better in focus pics now. Yay.
That one bottom pic is looking to be a lady so far, a bit more development and it'll show for sure to confirm.
Yup, you're dead on. They're far enough along to see for certain they're boys. As soon as you see that tiny leaf nub instead of hairs it's confirmed. Even before they open, only on the male preflowers, there's that tiny sharp side leaf that looks like a ridge ending at the tip of the bud. I don't remember ever seeing that leaf on any of the elongated vaselike female preflowers. Thinking back, I can see what you're saying about their location being an early clue as well. The males are further out into the crotch of the branch. I'll see how early I can identify using position next spring.
Thank you guys. Very limited experience running regs amd we've had almost all females so it's been difficult to tell. Will keep looking, hopefully they're showing more now after a few days. Want to be for sure before culling. How late can you go before it can be detrimental to the tent?