The Upward Spyral

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
So I just got a bag of megacrop from amazon (about the same price as ordering from greenleaf when considering shipping and prime. Drawback is you don't get member points). I emailed and asked how do I know if got version 2 or 3 and what is the difference? They emailed this morning and said all amazon and US orders get version 3:

hi, the newest/latest version of Mega Crop, has around 25% more Calcium, 8% more Magnesium, less dusty and easier to measure and increased Iron as the main difference!

haven't opened it yet but it probably still stinks the same lol

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
So I just got a bag of megacrop from amazon (about the same price as ordering from greenleaf when considering shipping and prime. Drawback is you don't get member points). I emailed and asked how do I know if got version 2 or 3 and what is the difference? They emailed this morning and said all amazon and US orders get version 3:

hi, the newest/latest version of Mega Crop, has around 25% more Calcium, 8% more Magnesium, less dusty and easier to measure and increased Iron as the main difference!

You should post a pic of the new mix when you get a chance

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Looking at the changes in their new recipe, I can understand why. I’ve been digging MC version two and I was skeptical about the need for a change. However I have had a few plants where I actually thought they were showing Calcium or Iron deficiencies. I attributed it to lock out. It happened when I didn’t catch the PH change from the city water treatment facility.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Hey Spy!
Random thoughts for the day,,,
I had a better report @ one time. I requested another, more detailed breakdown.
Capture+_2019-09-30-14-52-01(1).png
I sure went thru the iron supl. when I was keeping aquarium plants !
P1150038.JPG
The area of study is the difference in TDS, and Total Hardness.
Atm, my tap is 150 ppm
Calium - 45 ppm
Magn. - 10-20 ppm
Tds and TtlHrdness play into each other , although not the same.
Something about the carbonate hardness ?
I read into it long ago when I was keeping Killi's. It just hurts my head now.
Also plays into another more familiar acronym for POTENTIAL Hardness
Ph

Looks tame, although it will near 300 in the dead if winter when the river dries up.
Ph is always near 8. No chloromine luckily.

I was misled, when chatting earlier.
Just because my water has some hardness, I was mistaken in believing that this was largely due to calcium and magnesium, as I indicated earlier. I have since realized, that even though the water is 150 parts per million- less than half of that comes from CA and mg. It is the total carbonate hardness that needs to be acknowledged. One fluctuates and other doesn't? ,,,Perhaps that's where the potential in the pH comes in.
The longer I pontificate the more confused I will become.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

Crap i didn

I did not even realize there was a version 3. Is that brand new as in reesently released? I got a new bag a couple of months ago how do i know if i have version 2 or 3 ?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Hey Spy!
Random thoughts for the day,,,
I had a better report @ one time. I requested another, more detailed breakdown.
View attachment 23971
I sure went thru the iron supl. when I was keeping aquarium plants !
View attachment 23972
The area of study is the difference in TDS, and Total Hardness.
Atm, my tap is 150 ppm
Calium - 45 ppm
Magn. - 10-20 ppm
Tds and TtlHrdness play into each other , although not the same.
Something about the carbonate hardness ?
I read into it long ago when I was keeping Killi's. It just hurts my head now.
Also plays into another more familiar acronym for POTENTIAL Hardness
Ph

Looks tame, although it will near 300 in the dead if winter when the river dries up.
Ph is always near 8. No chloromine luckily.

I was misled, when chatting earlier.
Just because my water has some hardness, I was mistaken in believing that this was largely due to calcium and magnesium, as I indicated earlier. I have since realized, that even though the water is 150 parts per million- less than half of that comes from CA and mg. It is the total carbonate hardness that needs to be acknowledged. One fluctuates and other doesn't? ,,,Perhaps that's where the potential in the pH comes in.
The longer I pontificate the more confused I will become.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. So what I'm reading is that you thought you may have built-in cal mag (saves on nutes lol) but it's actually CaCO3 (Tums/Rolaids)? Plus your pH is almost 8 without chloramine? Must be a shit load of CaCO3 or some other base. Your water sounds good enough as is. I'm playing with 250+ ppm tap with pH starting at 7.5 and settling at 8.3. No wonder when I wash and leave buckets to dry there's a patina of white shit. When left to sit it actually smells a bit stinky. No bueno.
At least after you eat that deep fried moose and your heartburn starts acting up, you can just drink a tumbler or two of tap and get yourself straight.

Edit: i should've said good enough as-is with ph down lol

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I have the same bag as you posted on the mega crop thread. Which one is that one?
They said it was v3 but the bag artwork looks the same as v2. I don't have the old bag to compare the "Nutrition Facts".
They said it's all made in the US. But after @SoLowDoughLow found that Chinese character tag in his bag, I suspect they at least use raw materials from China, which would need to be declared somehow. If it is then it's only a matter of time until the price goes up due to tariffs.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
They said it was v3 but the bag artwork looks the same as v2. I don't have the old bag to compare the "Nutrition Facts".
They said it's all made in the US. But after @SoLowDoughLow found that Chinese character tag in his bag, I suspect they at least use raw materials from China, which would need to be declared somehow. If it is then it's only a matter of time until the price goes up due to tariffs.
When did this new version come out?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Maybe compare the Nutrition Facts on your bag to my pic, based on what they said it should have higher levels of iron and something else
I just dropped them a note and i will let you know what they say when i here back. They are usually good about communicating. If they have changed it again i told them they could just go ahead and send me a new bag. I just opened the 1 lb 10 oz bag a few weeks ago.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Found some used hoods at the hydro shop, so many to choose from. Crazy ass XXL Hoods as big as my tent lol. Decided on two. One was another Sun System Classic HPS (will use for a Hortilux). One was an Adjusta-A-Wings. $30 each.

Adjust-A-Wings
20190930_194658.jpg
This was mounted horizontally :unsure:

20190930_195140.jpg
Slid the bracket out of the slots and rotated it 90* over the same holes

20190930_202057.jpg
Drilled holes about half way, used the same thumbscrews

20190930_202111.jpg
😮

20190930_205003.jpg
This fucker's wide, so hung it mid-tent and moved the HPS. Con-VERT-ed!! ;)

20190930_205029.jpg

20190930_205103.jpg
It can swivel too?? Bonus!!! 👌🤘

20190930_205221.jpg

20190930_205228.jpg

View attachment CMH_Vert_Wing_Mod.mp4