The Upward Spyral

Texagonian

Outlaw
View attachment 19475
Do I need to pop another emergency seed? It's barrrreeelllyy hanging on by a thread, this time PB. The one in front of it doesn't look too good either. Rooters are damp not moist.
That’s called damping off. Did you have a dome over them by chance? Did you sterilize the rooter tray? Sorry man, it’s happened to me a couple times and it sucks. You could try spraying the stems and rooters with some h2o2 diluted water and see if it can save them🤞🏻✌🏻

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
That’s called damping off. Did you have a dome over them by chance? Did you sterilize the rooter tray? Sorry man, it’s happened to me a couple times and it sucks. You could try spraying the stems and rooters with some h2o2 diluted water and see if it can save them🤞🏻✌🏻
No dome. Soaked rooters in RO and squeezed out. Water with RO. Hoping for the best as I can't do anything rn. Looks like I gotta pop some more and now timing will be all wonky :confused:

Texagonian

Outlaw
They're kinda blah but my son loves em. $7 each!! Grandma can buy them for him lol. Ever try durian?
Durian is the acquired taste fruit. Smells horrible😂🤢 Sorry about the seedlings man. I was just curious as I’ve had it happen a couple times and the one constant when it’s happened to me was putting them in the dome. As soon as I would remove it to let them start hardening they would tip over and there would be a shriveled part of the stem just above the plug. It happens, you’ll be ok with timing. They take off in the f&d almost like rdwc, almost👍🏻✌🏻

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Durian is the acquired taste fruit. Smells horrible😂🤢 Sorry about the seedlings man. I was just curious as I’ve had it happen a couple times and the one constant when it’s happened to me was putting them in the dome. As soon as I would remove it to let them start hardening they would tip over and there would be a shriveled part of the stem just above the plug. It happens, you’ll be ok with timing. They take off in the f&d almost like rdwc, almost👍🏻✌🏻
I've seen that before too. I wonder if it's because the bacteria that was growing is now getting oxygen?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Thanks man. These were supposed to go in the RDWC. Just wantes them all to start around the same time. I'll probably pop one or two more. It will still leave me with a couple of each for the vault.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I've seen that before too. I wonder if it's because the bacteria that was growing is now getting oxygen?
Not sure about seedlings but I stopped using domes for clones because they don't have well established roots, so they get used to using their leaves, and if u suddenly take the dome off they will fall right over. U gotta take it off a little more each day. I've had much better success just ditching the dome