The Upward Spyral

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Not sure about seedlings but I stopped using domes for clones because they don't have well established roots, so they get used to using their leaves, and if u suddenly take the dome off they will fall right over. U gotta take it off a little more each day. I've had much better success just ditching the dome
Yea we tried a closed some and fed it homemade co2. Did ok but once the lid was lifted *PLOP*

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Not sure about seedlings but I stopped using domes for clones because they don't have well established roots, so they get used to using their leaves, and if u suddenly take the dome off they will fall right over. U gotta take it off a little more each day. I've had much better success just ditching the dome
Same I only keep domes on clones at night to keep temps up. They come off first thing in the morning.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I love going straight to the rooter. I never soak and have 100% germ since starting this way. I just rip a little piece off to cover the hole its in so u can still check on it if u want.
Do you put a certain tip down? Or whatever?
I have one soaking that has cracked. By the time I get back it will be 60 hrs soak. Hope it'll be ok, I've had longer soaks work.

Texagonian

Outlaw
I've seen that before too. I wonder if it's because the bacteria that was growing is now getting oxygen?
That may be it. I’ve got a stack of domes and don’t even use them anymore. I’ve got a couple aeroponic cloners and there’s just no need for a dome. I’ve also rooted in a cup of water that gets changed out every couple days. No hormones or anything. Cloning in the very beginning for me was intimidating but now it’s whatever. Seedlings or seed starting still makes me a bit tense because of how fragile they are until established.

They're kinda blah but my son loves em. $7 each!! Grandma can buy them for him lol. Ever try durian?
Yeah, all those fruits here are pricey unless you head to the Asian market. I fuck with them all though...jackfruit, mangosteens, and lychee are some of my fav.

I’ve had durian multiple times and is something I don’t enjoy. My friend loves them. Last time was about 6 years ago one of my college professors had brought some in for the class to eat and it ended up clearing out multiple rooms and brought security/maintenance. Thought there was a gas leak/couldn’t figure out the stench.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Yeah, all those fruits here are pricey unless you head to the Asian market. I fuck with them all though...jackfruit, mangosteens, and lychee are some of my fav.

I’ve had durian multiple times and is something I don’t enjoy. My friend loves them. Last time was about 6 years ago one of my college professors had brought some in for the class to eat and it ended up clearing out multiple rooms and brought security/maintenance. Thought there was a gas leak/couldn’t figure out the stench.
Yea it's an acquired taste and quality/freshness are super key. Buttery smooth if you get a good one though. That smell they have signs all over airports and hotels in China with the "Durian Busters" symbol lol

Yea it's an acquired taste and quality/freshness are super key. Buttery smooth if you get a good one though. That smell they have signs all over airports and hotels in China with the "Durian Busters" symbol lol
I’ve had the fresh ones where it was velvety smooth like custard and still couldn’t enjoy it. My parents always made me take 3 bites of everything in theory that by the 3rd bite you might like it, but durian is just one of those things I take a hard pass on, like beets.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Do you put a certain tip down? Or whatever?
I have one soaking that has cracked. By the time I get back it will be 60 hrs soak. Hope it'll be ok, I've had longer soaks work.
Like mentioned, there’s many different ways, but I personally don’t soak seeds. I just drop them in the squeezed out rapid rooter, cover the hole with a ripped tip, pour about an inch of water in the basin, and put on the dome so the rapid rooter plugs don’t dry out as fast. I use non PH’d tap water and add water to the basin every 3-4 days when needed. I’ll only add a touch of water to the rapid rooter if it’s drying out. (But in this case, it’s usually because the rapid rooter wasn’t seated all the way down in the tray to wick the water from the basin) So after lightly wetting the rapid rooter again, I’ll reseat it further down. My success rate has been very good.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Like mentioned, there’s many different ways, but I personally don’t soak seeds. I just drop them in the squeezed out rapid rooter, cover the hole with a ripped tip, pour about an inch of water in the basin, and put on the dome so the rapid rooter plugs don’t dry out as fast. I use non PH’d tap water and add water to the basin every 3-4 days when needed. I’ll only add a touch of water to the rapid rooter if it’s drying out. (But in this case, it’s usually because the rapid rooter wasn’t seated all the way down in the tray to wick the water from the basin) So after lightly wetting the rapid rooter again, I’ll reseat it further down. My success rate has been very good.
Thanks man. Next beans will probably be straight rooters. I've been pressing lightly on the rooter to feel dampness. They seem to be seated but will check again tomorrow.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks man. Next beans will probably be straight rooters. I've been pressing lightly on the rooter to feel dampness. They seem to be seated but will check again tomorrow.
From my experience, the rapid rooter plugs shouldn’t dry out if they’re seated all the way down and the basin hasn’t been out of water for a long period of time. I’ll check one of the empty plug holes and if I can’t see water in the basin, that’s when I’ll top it off. I try to not let the plugs dry out. I’ll only re-wet them directly in the event they do. But I don’t over saturate them if they have dried out. Just enough to moisten them, because I’ll usually end up having to add water to basin at this point anyway.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
From my experience, the rapid rooter plugs shouldn’t dry out if they’re seated all the way down and the basin hasn’t been out of water for a long period of time. I’ll check one of the empty plug holes and if I can’t see water in the basin, that’s when I’ll top it off. I try to not let the plugs dry out. I’ll only re-wet them directly in the event they do. But I don’t over saturate them if they have dried out. Just enough to moisten them, because I’ll usually end up having to add water to basin at this point anyway.
First thing I will check when I get back. Man I feel like I left the oven on I'm all pacing and shit

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I add hydrogaurd to all my seed and clone water sources just for this reason. It's made a big difference in success rates. Give it a go 😉.
I always add a touch of H2o2 on a seed soak would that be about the same as the hydrogaurd. After i started using the H2o2 on the seed soak and once the sprout gets about a inch tall i spray the with Chamomile tea. I have yet to have any damping off issues after using this method.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I always add a touch of H2o2 on a seed soak would that be about the same as the hydrogaurd. After i started using the H2o2 on the seed soak and once the sprout gets about a inch tall i spray the with Chamomile tea. I have yet to have any damping off issues after using this method.
It's the little things can make a huge difference. I had a couple seeds dampen off a few months ago, then I realized I wasn't keeping up my routine. If I stay on top of it, I never have issues. I hear that chamomile tea works pretty good?