The PURPetual Grow

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
I use Pro-tekt and it seems to make a difference.
I got some of that in a sample pack. The silica blast from botanicare works good too. Probably others but I add silica every watering just like I do cal-mag.
Same reason I started cutting my perlite with rice hulls for my aeration in my soil mix. Great organic source of silica. Great looking plants @Grow Harder

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I like easy. Straight out of the bag FFHF - a known entity.

I use a cheap-o RO for water. But unless I am starting seedlings I use both the "waste" ( which has been through 3 of 4 filters) and the 0ppm.

The combo-water is about 150ppm, and I have had no issues, since the bad ju-ju has mostly been removed, and I am growing in soil.

For me - (emphasis on IMHO) For every gallon of water I use 2.5ml silica blast, 5ml cal-mag plus iron, 5ml aminos (Athena's Amina's), and if the plants are in flower 5ml "sweet" also by botanicare.

I may add other stuff, but that is my 'base' water.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have had the best luck (old eyes) taking macro pics with a camera, then sorting through them on the laptop so I can zoom in.

Taking them out into regular light, or getting lights-out flash pics works too

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I have had the best luck (old eyes) taking macro pics with a camera, then sorting through them on the laptop so I can zoom in.

Sometimes the buds look so delicious and ready and then the trichs say " slow your roll buddy". It pains me lol

Grow Harder

Super Active Member

I dont have the best eyes either and taking these pics with a phone through a loupe was tough lmao. But putting them on a laptop and zooming in is indeed a good tip. Thanks!

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I see a few ambers in there.
View attachment 74522
I did not see those!. I hear the trichs on the leaves mature quicker. The moment I see that many Amber trichomes on the calyx itself, they will be gettin chopped VERY shortly after. But thanks man that actually was good too see. Makes me even more sure we're very close. Not alot of yellowing going on tho. I'm not sure I like that if we are real close

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
See how green she is still? Not good. That means a longER cure :( . As long as the trichomes don't start degrading rapidly, I'll let her go. Shit I'll let her go till we got 50% amber on calyxs. Thinking of hitting her with a flushing agent. Kleerex or whatever it's called. Just to help break down any remaining salt in the coco. No ppm meter to test run off unfortunately

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Same reason I started cutting my perlite with rice hulls for my aeration in my soil mix. Great organic source of silica. Great looking plants @Grow Harder
Thanks. I'm thinking about ditching the salts and amending my coco which would allow me to just water. I'd like to see if an organic run would provide a "terpier" end product. I've heard it alot. I intend on finding out soon. I'm going to build a custom coco medium and introduce microbes and see just dank it gets!

Last edited:

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
This is where in going to start. And I'm add I'm getting recharge to. Forgot to put it in cart. I hear sulfer helps alot with terps so I'm adding that and azomite rock dust. Just gotta order it all . Soon.Screenshot_20201004-083351_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201004-083357_Chrome.jpg