The PURPetual Grow

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I CAN get by without another light, however, to FILL the 5x4 space, I'll need to invest in another light.
Grow for your lights, not your tent. If you can efficiently light 4x4 of your 5x5, center fewer plants in that area - accept the fact that either the outside plants won't do as well (rotate?) or that you raise the lights a bit so everything does equally less awesome.

If you think about it, the outer edge is fan leaves - all the way around. the tops in a 5x5 are really only filling 4x4-ish, so there's an eqillibrium there somewhere. That's what I have been shooting for.

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Grow for your lights, not your tent. If you can efficiently light 4x4 of your 5x5, center fewer plants in that area - accept the fact that either the outside plants won't do as well (rotate?) or that you raise the lights a bit so everything does equally less awesome.

If you think about it, the outer edge is fan leaves - all the way around. the tops in a 5x5 are really only filling 4x4-ish, so there's an eqillibrium there somewhere. That's what I have been shooting for.
I agree here 100%. I guess I've opted for centering the plants just to where the light can hit everything. I might juuuust be able to throw another p4000 in there within the next month. Were gonna push this space to the max. Well maybe not to the max lol. That's HLG talk but you get where I'm going 🤦‍♂️😂😏

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Transplanted 3 clones as they're growing out of the small makeshift containers I put them in. I can see the recharge doing its thing because the bottle is clear.i love to see the Fuzzy roots. That fuzz is what the recharge creates and it pretty helpful down there. Anyway, got 3 left to transplant. Got some ne genetics otw ( hindu kush and candy kush). Got a runtz bean from a friend and some a mix pack of fire. Just don't know what it is which I hate. The blue dream seed finally broke through the surface. In the flower tent our black widow is FINALLY shooting pistils as well as the Zkittles in 1 gal pots. Well most likely have pistils shooting from c99 and other zkittle clones within the next week. Other than that all is well. Oh, I orders a 4 gallon backpack garden sprayer. It's for fertilizing outdoors but I'm gonna see if itll help. Tired of going up n down the stairs, mixing, and ph'ing and so on. I should be able to water the whole tent in one trip and use my 2 gallon watering can for the veg tent. hopefully this makes life easier.

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Wow! What is this frost monster?
This is the Zkittlez cut. I keep saying I'm done with her, and then come harvest, in reminded why I keep her around. My only complaint is yield. Sure fire, top shelf stuff but you'll never get th big, connected colas that we all appreciate. Got 6 or 7 clones of em in week 1 and 2 of flower and a recently rooted clone from those. I've got some new stuff growing and if anything can compete in terms of quality and provide a bigger yield then I may replace her. Before I do, I'd like to offer up free cuts. I've never shipped a rooted clone so I'd need a run down on how its done correctly and u gotta take care of the shipping. But yea guys, I'd hate to see this skunky pheno die. Sticky as all hell. I've got one young that I can take several cuts from. She wont be around longer than a few months.

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I'm an IDIOT!!!

it was never that my plans were deficient or because of anything I did. And I didnt screw up and kill the gorilla glue. It was COLD STRESS the whole time 100%FOR SURE. That's also why the gorilla glue died pretty much over night. Now I was dying inside because I knew there was no way I was this bad of a grower lmao. I. Ecstatic to KNOW the problem, because now, we can end the b.s. I put a space heater in the 5x5 two nights ago and I see improvements. It was all starting again. The brown spots, drooping, taco leaves. Cold stress hits these plants hard and in can show in a number of ways and when it happens, it happens fast. I
Was unware how cold it was getting up here at night but surely the problem is fixed

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I'm convinced I caught it b4 any serious damage. I need to defoliate so most of the damaged leaves will be removed anyway. I cant believe that I didnt catch this sooner. We battle cold in winter and heat in summer. So obvious 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I'm just guessing but I'd say near 30F on colder nights. After adding heat, all that stuff that was happening almost instantly stopped and the leaves are un tacoing and stopped rapidly losing leaves.

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I'm only up here during the day usually or in rushing. Even in the day time the 3rd floor gets cold but the lights take care of that. At night tho, it's full blown winter upstairs. For some reason the heat cent doesnt work well up here. It works, just horribly compared to the rest of the house

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Idk if u guys saw the last photo but things have improved enough for me to believe I've actually found the source of my issues, the deficiencies, yellow color. Check out the bounce back!

Now these black widow colas WILL connect. look at that tight structure

IMG_20210205_164209_713.jpg
IMG_20210205_163420_148.jpg

Ole reliable. Zkittlez
IMG_20210205_163952_389.jpg
Things are greener. Overall just happier looking
20210205_162730.jpg20210205_162800.jpg
The other older Zkittlez could no recover. Shes comin down

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I also got them directly off of the floor. They're on a couple inches of hard foam mat that doesnt get as cold as the floor

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Cuts and transplants in a few weeks. Other than that its been smooth sailing. Things are seemingly back on track in the grow

Opie1

Master Grower
I'm only up here during the day usually or in rushing. Even in the day time the 3rd floor gets cold but the lights take care of that. At night tho, it's full blown winter upstairs. For some reason the heat cent doesnt work well up here. It works, just horribly compared to the rest of the house
Could you totally flip your schedule, run your lights at night for the extra heat?

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Could you totally flip your schedule, run your lights at night for the extra heat?
I thought about doing that. I might until the weather warms up. Just gotta time it to where I can have a little time for maintenance either before or after work. Still haven't gotten a new digital thermostat but will soon. That would probably help to eliminate the problem all together