The PURPetual Grow

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This just keeps things rolling. I'll have a small Zkittlez harvest but a harvest nonetheless .
Once you get that rotation rolling you're chopping that one or two plants - several times a month as they get ready. And then you have new smoke getting cured on that same schedule. It takes some playing around with to get the drops right, but it's worth it.

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I thought I put this pic up but this is the Zkittlez clone in a 5 gallon fabric pot in the 5x5 tent. She looks so lonely but shes healthy so we're grateful for that. All other clones died die to a serious ph pen malfunction and immediately monsterxropping and heavy pruning after. Needless to say, stressed em to literall death. The one I didnt touch because it dodnt need it survived and another as well but it's just coming back. Gonna use her for clones but that's the backstory if u missed it.
I like this pheno, its bomb. Gotta keep her around IMG_20201201_101223_019.jpg

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Once you get that rotation rolling you're chopping that one or two plants - several times a month as they get ready. And then you have new smoke getting cured on that same schedule. It takes some playing around with to get the drops right, but it's worth it.
Definitely worth it. Your right tho. Takes some time to dial the drops perfectly and consistently . We'll get it tho!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Definitely worth it. Your right tho. Takes some time to dial the drops perfectly and consistently . We'll get it tho!
If you have more rooms it's easier, but veg is veg and flower is flower. As long as you have both going it's just about not trying to fill the tent with the next drop/clone run. Having that tent almost empty is perfect.

For example, you could drop enough regs to fill the tent. But then after you cull males, you'll have room for a nother set. Works well on about a 4-6 week bean-drop rotation. Clones rooting is more variable than seeds growing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And with beans if I don't see leaves in 3-5 days I know I need to drop more. I have had clones take weeks to root, then take off fine.

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
If you have more rooms it's easier, but veg is veg and flower is flower. As long as you have both going it's just about not trying to fill the tent with the next drop/clone run. Having that tent almost empty is perfect.

For example, you could drop enough regs to fill the tent. But then after you cull males, you'll have room for a nother set. Works well on about a 4-6 week bean-drop rotation. Clones rooting is more variable than seeds growing.
Ohhhh. I see where your going with this, and I like it!!! When u say it now, it sounds so simple,like, why didnt I think of that lol . Such a simple suggestion but damn if isnt an effective one. That, to me, just sounds like the way to go in this scenario! Aww man this will be fun. Thanks for the suggestion. Love this place!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ohhhh. I see where your going with this, and I like it!!! When u say it now, it sounds so simple,like, why didnt I think of that lol . Such a simple suggestion but damn if isnt an effective one. That, to me, just sounds like the way to go in this scenario! Aww man this will be fun. Thanks for the suggestion. Love this place!
I am using a 4-week drop rotation with mostly regs. I read an article about moon phases and it talked about how germination and rooting works better at the new moon. Since I was doing 4 weeks anyway so on a whim I have been dropping during the dark of the moon muuuuaaahahahaha 😂

I don't want to fill your page with this stuff but if you have questions don't hesitate.

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
A,
I am using a 4-week drop rotation with mostly regs. I read an article about moon phases and it talked about how germination and rooting works better at the new moon. Since I was doing 4 weeks anyway so on a whim I have been dropping during the dark of the moon muuuuaaahahahaha 😂

I don't want to fill your page with this stuff but if you have questions don't hesitate.
No worries man. I'm like a sponge. I absorb all this stuff lol.. I love it to. I'd rather have the journal be interactive than dead lol. Anything weed related is totally cool to discuss here. I'm all for it!

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I can not believe she bounced back
20201203_085158.jpg
She'll be ready to take cuttings from in a week or 2. I thought she was done for as well but after a few feedings with lots of runoff, she's back from the dead.
After cloning I'll give her a good 2 weeks to heal up and I'm throwing her in the 5x5 to flower out

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
So glad I got that ph pen. It was definitely the problem. Taco leaves? Gone! Deficiencies? Gone! Lockout? Not any more!
Anywho. I really think this new light is going to kick ass for the price to be honest bit that remains to be seen. In other news, I've already selected 6 clone-able branches that I'd probably end up lollipopping off eventually. with that being said I might drop some clones tonight 20201204_201706.jpg20201204_201645.jpg

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Humidity a bit high but since the room is the "lung" or the place your tent will INtake air from and I'm still learning this room, itll take a few weeks to understand fully. For one, its colder up here than anywhere in the house. With the lights tho, it brings me to an ideal temp. Come winter I may need a heater one separate timer for the room/lung during lights off or a good hour after as the heat from the lights will linger. I'll dial it in and purchase the things I may need. Right now its early and it isnt going to hinder anything. If i see it creeping up to high 70s I may add a small dehumidifier but for now, we'll save the watts

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
On a side note, I enjoy updating the journal. I've become very busy and exhausted lately and besides my family, this grow and this journal is truly one of the brightest points in my day. That isnt meant to sound sad. I'm just a really busy guy with not much time for anything and I'm basically saying I CHOOSE to grow and choose to be here when I do get that little bit of downtime. My plants are important to me and this "hobby" somehow, someway, brings me very great joy, genuine excitement and peace. The way I think and look at the world, they're aren't many things that give me those feelings anymore. Not even people. Truth is, I dont like most people, I tolerate them and be kind and helpful. Beyond family, Its THIS that makes me excited about tomorrow. Therapeutic AND rewarding. I LOVE my garden and I'll never let her go. I'm sure you understand my sentiment, as most of you have also, "caught the bug" if you will. I guess I'm just trying to say, For this gift, I am grateful beyond measure......... that is all..... carry on