The official Heisenbeans Youtube Competition

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Back in action Burned a few seeds using the soak/ mycroizan method. The paper and plain water is best for me.
I soaked comp seeds in water for about 6 hrs, then dropped in Pro-Mix. I planted one comp seed dry into Pro-Mix and it is just as big as the others. No need to do all that soaking. Increases your odds of having a problem when the tails are showing and all that extra handling.

I think this is the right thread - here's a topping using that method after a few months. Entire node area is still like new. View attachment 89607
I think I am going to roll with it(Shy Fim) cuz I like your thinking on topping high on the node keeps the nodes under it safer, but I got to be honest H.A.F. I think Grandma Elbows blow that shit away in the looks department lol.

Alpha Omega

On April 2nd it had a tail so I set it on top of one of those growdan cube.
She stood straight up the next day with a solid helmet head that lasted a week.
The first leaves have an interesting pigment mutation...
View attachment 89499
I
I soaked comp seeds in water for about 6 hrs, then dropped in Pro-Mix. I planted one comp seed dry into Pro-Mix and it is just as big as the others. No need to do all that soaking. Increases your odds of having a problem when the tails are showing and all that extra handling.
Just gonna stick with what has always works for me, even though, it takes the seedlings long to get going. When it comes to cultivated and seeds I pay for. Ill try it again when I have some more bag seed.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I

Just gonna stick with what has always works for me, even though, it takes the seedlings long to get going. When it comes to cultivated and seeds I pay for. Ill try it again when I have some more bag seed.
There are benefits to planting straight to medium. Helps the shells to come off while natural hormones uprights the seedling.
You have to be extra careful and make sure you have no issues with "critters" in your mix. Why I use straight Pro-Mix. I've never had not one bug in any freshly opened bale.
I don't like Root plugs at all for seed. Clones are a different story.

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
What is the official flip day?
I think it was supposed to be April 3rd start day, with pics to be judged due 14 weeks later, or July 10th. I hear it's a 10 week strain, so that would be a May 1st flip day. I might veg mine a bit longer, like 1 week, and send my pic in when they are at 9 weeks old. But fortunately for us, the forum guys are about 1-2 weeks ahead, so we can see when they are posting thier pics and get some good examples/ideas of when to post ours. As far as whether the plants are wet trimmed or a few days from harvest. Kinda see which ones we like better, and maybe copy? But, I think those dates are pretty close to what we have to work with

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
I will be mid July as well. Fucked up the timing of my next open tent for flowering.

My only choice is to gut them for clones in a week, leave a few tops, then flower them in 2 weeks when my tent opens up. So I can't flip until May 10th.
I popped mine into a shot glass March 30th, a little head start, but they are kinda small compared to some pics I've seen where the plants were the same age. I vegged under a t5 fluorescent like I normally do, but in hindsight I could have done more to get em bigger quicker. Still plenty of time left, but now that I got a good root mass established, I'm gonna start running em a little harder.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
That’s the time frame I was thinking. I need at least another week but I’ll see where I’m at may 1
I think it was supposed to be April 3rd start day, with pics to be judged due 14 weeks later, or July 10th. I hear it's a 10 week strain, so that would be a May 1st flip day. I might veg mine a bit longer, like 1 week, and send my pic in when they are at 9 weeks old. But fortunately for us, the forum guys are about 1-2 weeks ahead, so we can see when they are posting thier pics and get some good examples/ideas of when to post ours. As far as whether the plants are wet trimmed or a few days from harvest. Kinda see which ones we like better, and maybe copy? But, I think those dates are pretty close to what we have to work with
I will be mid July as well. Fucked up the timing of my next open tent for flowering.

My only choice is to gut them for clones in a week, leave a few tops, then flower them in 2 weeks when my tent opens up. So I can't flip until May 10th.
I popped mine into a shot glass March 30th, a little head start, but they are kinda small compared to some pics I've seen where the plants were the same age. I vegged under a t5 fluorescent like I normally do, but in hindsight I could have done more to get em bigger quicker. Still plenty of time left, but now that I got a good root mass established, I'm gonna start running em a little harder.

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
TOTALLY in worker B mode and all hopped up on my Meatman gummies(man they turned out good!) and A & B both got moved to the low Garden and are now hanging out with M under TS1000(150W).
View attachment 89723
Probably going to clean A & B up a bit soon as some of their leave are looking pretty beat up.
View attachment 89724
View attachment 89725
View attachment 89726
View attachment 89723View attachment 89724View attachment 89725View attachment 89726
Crazy how squat and wide they are. Especially that M. Great looking plants!

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I moved em into the tent under the HLG 270 Rspec...my new light. I have it as gigh as it will go and on the lowest stting. 90W. The fan has em moving around so pic is a little blury. I am flipping them to stretch em out to take some clones. Out of other four plants I was trying to cram in there with em 3 were males so that took care of that. The other one that was female is in another box by herself. So i am going with only comp plants in this tent and will be up potting to two gallon before they get to comfortable in those little pots, I think as long as i do it before they get to rooted they will b ok.20210426_083047.jpg20210426_082922.jpg20210426_082910.jpg

Mr. Greenz

I had some setbacks with the rootballs ripping mid transplant but the ladies look like they are okay now and loving their new environments :cool: 😁
I'm doing a comparison between coco and organic soil to see what the hype of organics is all about! :D
Coco (left) vs Organic (right)
178000388_362967908480749_3298299363197227188_n.jpg 176738675_4077233925632915_4382419020430399669_n.jpg

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
Tomorrow (Wendesday) will be 4 weeks since I got these in the mail. Just been letting em cruise up until now. Just been water, light organic nutes and some diluted veg teas. Going to transplant tomorrow into bigger pots with my coco/soil mix I've been recycling/amending for awhile. Feel like it's been a hurry up and wait situation the past month, so I'm ready to start seeing some rapid growth. I'll hit em with thier first dose of nutes when I transplant, and keep the pedal down from here on out. Think they are ready for it. Very pretty plants so far IMO.

So Super Silver got the chop and is doing the vampire thing on some hangers in the closet, and Colombian Jack is now all by herself in the 3 X 3 under the TSW2000. Seems like a bit of a waste of light so I took her out of the scrog and moved her to the low garden to finish out her last few weeks and just got done with a quick reset. I wonder what I could put in this tent?
Lemon Hat.png
CJ2.jpgCJ 1.jpgZ.jpg