The official Heisenbeans Youtube Competition

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
chopped em up and put em in a tub, still has a nice citrus/berry smell. NO hay! sample nug tasted pretty good. Didnt dry for the full two weeks because they were getting snappy. I am thinking real hard on how to convert a fridge or chest freezer into a curing machine. I will need a plastic box and a temp controller like used for fermenting lagers. It will keep the fridge at the right temp. I just need a box inside to hang plants that I can controll humidity.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
chopped em up and put em in a tub, still has a nice citrus/berry smell. NO hay! sample nug tasted pretty good. Didnt dry for the full two weeks because they were getting snappy. I am thinking real hard on how to convert a fridge or chest freezer into a curing machine. I will need a plastic box and a temp controller like used for fermenting lagers. It will keep the fridge at the right temp. I just need a box inside to hang plants that I can controll humidity.:unsure::unsure::unsure:
I rarely need to dry for two full weeks. Mine are usually ready in 7-10 days.

I have been thinking about making a for real cure box myself out of an ice cream chest freezer. The sliding glass doors would cause much less disturbance when opening them than normal doors. You would also be able to see the buds and your hydrometer without opening it at all. I want both the temp and RH to be 60-62 so I could use it for longer term storage as well. We she should start a separate thread and spitball ideas on how to control the RH as that seems to be the most difficult thing to get right and needs to be rock solid.
ice-cream-freezer.jpg

printer

Super Active Member
Humidity sensor, need to chill the air down to the dew point to condense the water out of it. Low tech would be to have a styrofoam cooler with ice next to the curing box and dryer vent tubing going into and out of the box with a fan to circulate the air when the humidity gets too high. All other kinds of variations on the theme, using a thermoelectric cooler, an office water cooler, anything to get the dewpoint down to the temperature you want.

Set the temperature to 60 F, the RH to 60%, the calculator says the air from the box needs to be reduced to 46 F. Returning the air to the box needs heat added to get back up to 60 F.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I have been thinking about making a for real cure box myself out of an ice cream chest freezer. The sliding glass doors would cause much less disturbance when opening them than normal doors. You would also be able to see the buds and your hydrometer without opening it at all. I want both the temp and RH to be 60-62 so I could use it for longer term storage as well. We she should start a separate thread and spitball ideas on how to control the RH as that seems to be the most difficult thing to get right and needs to be rock solid.
View attachment 96240
I was thinking the same thing ...about the thread. I like the Ice cream chest idea too. I looked on line and didn't see any thing like it. It can be done!

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I was thinking the fridge itself would bring the humidity down around the inner box. Moisture in the plants would keep it high enough in the inner box that you would only need to extract the moist air out of the inner box and the fridge would exhaust it out as it would normally... :geek:Better start that thread or all these great ideas will just end up in the kitchen sink!

Not Given

Has chucked
Awesome tool there!

Better start that thread or all these great ideas will just end up in the kitchen sink!
DIY humidor/dry box is a great topic

Last edited:

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Have you guys been sampling this weed? It is extremely high in terpenes and THC. The dispensary weed around here can't touch this.
Haven’t got any dry yet to sample. The first one I chopped was a faster flowering pheno. Not a big yeilder pretty short squat indica like build. Also not the smelliest out of the bunch. Has a slight minty/citrus smell. Nothing too loud though. My prized crinkle cut pheno is the frostiest and loudest I’ve seen come out of the tent in a little while. Dank as fuck. Not too sure how stanky the Sativa leaner is yet she has a bit longer to go to be able to judge terpenes definitely