The official Heisenbeans Youtube Competition

Firebeans

I’m still 4 weeks out, still sharing pics, canopy filling out nicely with trichomes everywhere and insane orange 🍊 cookies 🍪 smell. Busy with home projects as well, can’t wait to see your final results! I just made an order from Greenpoint Seeds, I’ll be sticking around this forum. Thanks Hiesenbeans!
Oh yeah, thanks for the tip on taking photos from the app! ✌

printer

Super Active Member
I humbly concede! Closest one I have to finishing is still 2 or 3 weeks away from being done. Still gonna update pics of the girls as they finish up. The 6 that still have a month to go are killing it. For some reason I have to take a pic in the app for them to work. Won’t allow me to just upload from photo album. Huge fan of Hiesens work after this contest. Saw some gorgeous ladies! I know I’m not the winner, and really just wanted to do it for the experience, but will the winner be announced here for the YouTube guys? Redoing the patio and deck so haven’t been keeping up as much as I was when things started, but is there a separate thread just for the contest plants pics?
Heck, I am in the other forum and I still have a month to go. I did get my seeds a little later though and had teething problems but the plants sure seem to know their stuff. Maybe we can have a Late But Got Over The Finish Line Contest? Not sure how we would judge it. Sort of like in class where everyone gets an award? Like a Tried The Hardest To Fuck It Up But The Plant Kept On Going Award?

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Hope these pics work! Still gonna post pics on this thread until the last ones finished. Said it before and will say it again, had a blast growing the same strain at the same time with y’all. Perhaps we should all order the same pack of seeds and do it again? If these pics show up, the huge plant in the corner that towers over the rest of the tray is my lone contest plant that I was hoping would finish in time. She’s a beast. There’s also a pic of the other 6 plants in there own tray, and they are all frosty as heck.

Firebeans

Heck, I am in the other forum and I still have a month to go. I did get my seeds a little later though and had teething problems but the plants sure seem to know their stuff. Maybe we can have a Late But Got Over The Finish Line Contest? Not sure how we would judge it. Sort of like in class where everyone gets an award? Like a Tried The Hardest To Fuck It Up But The Plant Kept On Going Award?
I agree, It would be nice to get some more freebies from Hiesenbeans I pre ordered some “Coffee Crisps” from Greenpoint Seeds, it’s pre ‘98 Bubba Kush x Animal Cookies. The Bubba should counter the stretch nicely, I’m stoked!

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
My comp plants are chopped and drying in the tent. Instead of my usual 7 day dry @ 79F/47RH. Going for a two week dry @79F/61RH. Then a two week cure in the jars. It is a little warm@ 79F. House AC is 74F. I got a AC Infinity fan on auto mode, a bucket of water, and some desk fans swirlin the air around. That has the Humidity hovering right at 60%. If it ramps up to 62% fan cuts on about 10 seconds and it drops back to 60%. F'N awesome! Smells like oranges and coffee. Maybe this weed wont smell like hay.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
My comp plants are chopped and drying in the tent. Instead of my usual 7 day dry @ 79F/47RH. Going for a two week dry @79F/61RH. Then a two week cure in the jars. It is a little warm@ 79F. House AC is 74F. I got a AC Infinity fan on auto mode, a bucket of water, and some desk fans swirlin the air around. That has the Humidity hovering right at 60%. If it ramps up to 62% fan cuts on about 10 seconds and it drops back to 60%. F'N awesome! Smells like oranges and coffee. Maybe this weed wont smell like hay.
I’d drop the AC set point down a bit for the week if you can. 79° is pretty warm for drying.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I’d drop the AC set point down a bit for the week if you can. 79° is pretty warm for drying.
Yeah I know, that is a problem I am costantantly struggling with. When its 97 outside my Ac gets overloaded during the day. The house is cooler but the closet the plants are in is in an uninsulated room. I would have to run my house AC at like 60 to get them where they really need to be. I think letting them dry longer will help to get rid of some of the grassy taste. Still waiting on the day I can have a full room of these going and a dedicated AC kepping them cool. I was only growing in the winter months for years but I dont like paying 53 for an eighth that taste like hay from the dispo. Seems like they have the same problem. Buds from the dispo look nice but they are so dry they turn to powder in the grinder after like two twists, not to mention really harsh.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yeah I know, that is a problem I am costantantly struggling with. When its 97 outside my Ac gets overloaded during the day. The house is cooler but the closet the plants are in is in an uninsulated room. I would have to run my house AC at like 60 to get them where they really need to be. I think letting them dry longer will help to get rid of some of the grassy taste. Still waiting on the day I can have a full room of these going and a dedicated AC kepping them cool. I was only growing in the winter months for years but I dont like paying 53 for an eighth that taste like hay from the dispo. Seems like they have the same problem. Buds from the dispo look nice but they are so dry they turn to powder in the grinder after like two twists, not to mention really harsh.
What I would recommend, if possible, would be to buy a small tent with carbon scrubber that you can put somewhere cooler in the house that you can use just for drying. Hell, you could use a huge cardboard box with a carbon scrubber if you don't want to spend the cash on a tent. The problem with drying at 79° is that you will lose a lot of the more volatile terpenes.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
What I would recommend, if possible, would be to buy a small tent with carbon scrubber that you can put somewhere cooler in the house that you can use just for drying. Hell, you could use a huge cardboard box with a carbon scrubber if you don't want to spend the cash on a tent. The problem with drying at 79° is that you will lose a lot of the more volatile terpenes.
That sounds like a good idea, sucks losing two weeks I could be flowering in my tent. B4 I was just hanginging them outside the tent. Ill let it ride for now. Good thing is I got clones of the comp plants In another small box. They will be ready in about 5 weeks, I'll will dry them cooler and compare. I have a 30X30X30 tent that will be perfect to set up in another room. These plants were too tall, about 40 inches they wouldnt fit in that box, or the small tent.
When I started growing Heisenbeans I had to get a taller tent!:LOL::LOL:

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
Ladies are coming along nicely! Gonna take a pic later of the clone I have from the curly leaf girl. Clone has the same little quirk. Getting all kinds of different smells, from the fruity pebbles, to a real gassy lemonade type. I’m bad at describing smells, but there’s no bad choice as far as picking a keeper goes. I’ll flower the clones and then probably pick from them. Also, congrats to the guys that started and finished their plants on time!