The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

F series

Insanely Active Member
I don't know if the attacked babies are going to make it. But I've got one seed with first trues, and another soon to pop up, in case they don't make it.View attachment 88324
View attachment 88325
Running the new light (7 strips 2' x 1')at the same wattage (50) just much lower than I had it.

My flower light is literally the same, just spaced to 2' x 2' and ran @110~130 double height, and they do well .
View attachment 88326
Pruned the fuck out of a banner clone, so I could get lights low. I may need to lower more, idk yet.
Weekly Monday update 🧐
Screenshot_20210419-161650.png

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
I have no knowledge of strains the way you guys do.
I asked @Evergreengardener a question about 9 blade leaves on the you tube thread and his answer was great.
Your leaves mean nothing other than a way of telling if your plant is healthy or not, signs of pests etc. Imho.
I’ve seen long thin leaves on indica leaning plants and vise versa, today’s genetics are so hybridized that you can get any leaf formation on almost any cross nowadays. I’ve had long skinny finger plants finish in 10 weeks and fat fingered indica looking leaves on strains that take 12. Most seed plants I’ve ever flowered take atleast 10 weeks (70 days) from flip. I’ve seen clones finish faster but not by much
Now I see @LubdaNugs has 11 blade leaves on a plant and I have one plant with 11 blade leaves.
If he has the mac then both strains grow 11 blade leaves.
I always thought 11 blades was a sativa dominant thing.
I'm sure I'll learn a lot about strains during the course of the comp.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I have no knowledge of strains the way you guys do.
I asked @Evergreengardener a question about 9 blade leaves on the you tube thread and his answer was great.

Now I see @LubdaNugs has 11 blade leaves on a plant and I have one plant with 11 blade leaves.
If he has the mac then both strains grow 11 blade leaves.
I always thought 11 blades was a sativa dominant thing.
I'm sure I'll learn a lot about strains during the course of the comp.
Gotta twinkle tarts that grows alot of 10 blades. The last one comes down the center between the smallest 2. Pretty cool. I'll snap a pic sometime.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
The funny ones catch your eye time to time. Especially the leafbuds
I love the expressions the leaves can show.
I've had 14 blade leaves, the bud in leaf and the clover leaf that sometimes pops up.
In the last comp I was in with JJ, H.A.F and Opie I was purposely growing a 12+ blade strain as a goal so I'm kind of strange when it come to leaf expressions.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I love the expressions the leaves can show.
I've had 14 blade leaves, the bud in leaf and the clover leaf that sometimes pops up.
In the last comp I was in with JJ, H.A.F and Opie I was purposely growing a 12+ blade strain as a goal so I'm kind of strange when it come to leaf expressions.
Not the best example it's more clear in the mature version. This little lady was in a shot glass solo for like a month lol. Decided it can join the ranks with the comp beans. Edit probably more than a month. Was surprised how well they kept even with poor management.

Attachments

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Happy 4/20!!!
As promised, a flip. My untopped one looks about on par with everyone elses except for the secondary growth. I pruned off the 3-toed-node leaves and sprouts since they weren't doing much.
IMG_3648.JPG
But I could not in good conscience flip this - maybe a week out. Maybe less. This is my "do what you normally do" plant.IMG_3650.JPG

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
Happy 420!

Plant # 7 is taking off now.
The plant is 9" tall and the trunk looks awesome.
The 1st node branch is only 1" from over taking the top of the plant.

I'm planning on taking clones from the lowest branches but I'm going to leave that branch alone if it keeps up with the top.

My compliments to the chef!

In the 1st pic. The top is on the left 9" from the soil line. The branch from the 1st node is on the right 8" from the soil line.

100_7501.JPG

100_7508.JPG

Not Given

Has chucked
420 should be a national holiday.
Hey guys, I'm in this too by sheer miracle. I can tell already I don't stand a chance.
I had dabbled with a small grow and popped some Mexican bag seeds I had and they came out ok so I decided to search the net for seeds. I found them but way too expensive for me and my fixed income.
then I popped into youtube and seen I could get a free pack of seeds just for signing up for a contest.
I was so excited I transposed the numbers in my address when I signed up. BUT I just happened to notice the mailman on the day of delivery and got the package.
I didn't even look at the rules till April 1, so I soaked one right away...

I got a baby Sour dub x Alien OG growing here?

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
420 should be a national holiday.
Hey guys, I'm in this too by sheer miracle. I can tell already I don't stand a chance.
I had dabbled with a small grow and popped some Mexican bag seeds I had and they came out ok so I decided to search the net for seeds. I found them but way too expensive for me and my fixed income.
then I popped into youtube and seen I could get a free pack of seeds just for signing up for a contest.
I was so excited I transposed the numbers in my address when I signed up. BUT I just happened to notice the mailman on the day of delivery and got the package.
I didn't even look at the rules till April 1, so I soaked one right away...

I got a baby Sour dub x Alien OG growing here?
Little more complex that's momma genetics. Add in some cookies and fire og and your pretty much there. Good luck man. If you need any advice let us know. What's your setup? Cheapest lights right now probably some strips from growdaddy or some qb120s from hlg. It may be a financial hit but it will pay for itself in electric and bud in no time. Ventilation is #1 to me. Teqnique 2. Lights 3. Nutes last.