The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I use all OMRI listed nutes, but I use bag soil. Right now it is a combo of both Fox Farms soils and Rocks Organic. I use a lot of microbial junk, and sift and recycle soil to build on that. So far no issues. I don't ammend the soil at all before use. I would rather it be as neutral as possible and add what I want the plants to eat when I want them to eat it. There are leftover nutes from whatever the last plant didn't eat, so I can use it like you would lightly ammended bagsoil, where after the repot they are good without food for a bit.
IMG_3383.JPG
This is gonna be a tasty - smelly group. The Contest-er in the foreground will be the 'flip soon' plant and just be a Christmas tree.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I add new perlite when it starts looking old and brown, and I keep the dirt from the male culls (one gallons) separate from the harvested plant dirt. I re-use that when up-potting girls from that batch.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I add new perlite when it starts looking old and brown, and I keep the dirt from the male culls (one gallons) separate from the harvested plant dirt. I re-use that when up-potting girls from that batch.
Are you using salt based nutrients or dry fertilizer? One thing that I love about being off the salt is you can just keep reusing your soil. I leave the thin roots in the soil and they just break down over time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Are you using salt based nutrients or dry fertilizer? One thing that I love about being off the salt is you can just keep reusing your soil. I leave the thin roots in the soil and they just break down over time.
No salts. Dry top feed mostly. I have the FFHF dry top-dressings and they have been money. I use about 1/3 of what they call for, and every week to 10 days instead of putting in more, and waiting longer between feedings. There's 5 different sacks of nutes, but they are easy to sort. One is a "first feed" with no no kelp, more fish junk. One is just for veg, one is for early flower, one for late flower, and one for use all during flower. It's all basically different mixtures of mostly the same ingredients, but it works. And I am using a teaspoon per pot-gallon so it lasts a while.

I also got one of those FF liquid "12-pack" as a gift and am using the parts that are organic for teas in between feedings. The Big Bloom and Flower Kiss I have re-bought, and will continue to use. The microbial additives, kelp, fish, etc. specialty bottles I only iuse a few ml per gallon, so it lasts a while. But it works as a system, so I will replace those pieces when needed - not necessarily with the FF products.

Like their "Holy Mackerel" fish based stuff. Wally World carries "Alaskan Fish Food" for 1/4 the price, same basic ingredients, same NPK etc.

I like the system - but I am not committed to a brand.

Meatman

Meat Master
Ya I have 3 of them they are pretty awesome my entire set up is ac infinity I even got there ductwork shit I even have the seedling heat mat lol I have the 5x5 and 4x4 just waiting to harvest to switch everything out so I don’t have to move everything around so much

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yes and its awesome! I actually have it hooked up to my 2 x 4 (you know, share the wealth). Im going to get another AC fan for this tent and control both from the single controller.
I'd recommend getting the cheaper cloudline fan, the Controller 67, and then use that to control them both. That way, if you decide to control them individually, you will have a Controller 67 and the regular controller. I got the Controller 67 for my 4x4 and I love it.