The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Well Boyz and Girlz, somebody asked about what kinda light we was running........so I thought it was time for the girls to "level up". Just a lil View attachment 88155View attachment 88156. Did it just get quiet up in this muthafuccka lol
I thought we were going after quality of the flower, not the fastest or the biggest plant?
Guess I'll concentrate on the "tallest or skinniest" prize package. lol
Nice set up none the less.
Hell of a nice fx#$%^&_)(!!! room. lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pre-edited - BEWARE! - Stoner pontificating! Take what you want - leave the rest.

One thing I have seen in my grows, because I experiment with a lot of stuff as a newb trying to decide what works for me, is that pot size and timing make a difference, at least in soil.

Dropped a bunch of beans in solo cups. up-potted half to half gallons and half to 1 gallons. The ones in the half gallon stretched sooner
The one gallon plants took longer to stretch Both were waiting on flip, the 1's were almost twice the size of the 1/2's - That is in height, sprout growth, leaf size, everything. My thinking is that I should have up-potted the 1/2's as soon as they needed it rather than waiting on them to show sex. I have a collection of nursery cups of differrent shapes and sizes (the Bonnie cups from the garden center are great!) and what I have deduced is this:

When the roots hit the bottom/sides of the planter and start meeting resistance it sends more grow-goodies to the top. If you let each planter get really rootbound before re-pot it will stunt growth. If you keep up-potting before it gets rootbound at all I think that can stunt the early veg growth as well - but it will build a hell of a rootball in the final pot. But going right from a solo-cup to a 5 gallon can create issues too.

You have to find the jovial fortune-teller (happy medium)

@J.James gave me a tip that has been great. For a plant to be able to do it's thing the best, allow for a quart of soil per week of grow, or a gallon/month. For a 4 week veg and a ~8 week flower a 3 gallon pot is perfect (trade gallons) If you know a plant will go longer get a boigger pot. Yes, you can flower out a plant in one gallons, but hand watering in soil it will be a daily chore at the end, and you may or may not have plant issues due to the stress.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Pre-edited - BEWARE! - Stoner pontificating! Take what you want - leave the rest.

One thing I have seen in my grows, because I experiment with a lot of stuff as a newb trying to decide what works for me, is that pot size and timing make a difference, at least in soil.

Dropped a bunch of beans in solo cups. up-potted half to half gallons and half to 1 gallons. The ones in the half gallon stretched sooner
The one gallon plants took longer to stretch Both were waiting on flip, the 1's were almost twice the size of the 1/2's - That is in height, sprout growth, leaf size, everything. My thinking is that I should have up-potted the 1/2's as soon as they needed it rather than waiting on them to show sex. I have a collection of nursery cups of differrent shapes and sizes (the Bonnie cups from the garden center are great!) and what I have deduced is this:

When the roots hit the bottom/sides of the planter and start meeting resistance it sends more grow-goodies to the top. If you let each planter get really rootbound before re-pot it will stunt growth. If you keep up-potting before it gets rootbound at all I think that can stunt the early veg growth as well - but it will build a hell of a rootball in the final pot. But going right from a solo-cup to a 5 gallon can create issues too.

You have to find the jovial fortune-teller (happy medium)

@J.James gave me a tip that has been great. For a plant to be able to do it's thing the best, allow for a quart of soil per week of grow, or a gallon/month. For a 4 week veg and a ~8 week flower a 3 gallon pot is perfect (trade gallons) If you know a plant will go longer get a boigger pot. Yes, you can flower out a plant in one gallons, but hand watering in soil it will be a daily chore at the end, and you may or may not have plant issues due to the stress.
I go from 4” nursery pot, to 1.5 galllon, then to the final 10 gallon. I up-pot once I see multiple riots against the sides and bottom but never let them get caked roots.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Using the nursery pots you can pop them out and look at the roots when they are dry-ish. I don't make a habit of it but it is a thing I check if there are issues. I have re-potted some tester plants that were 8 weeks into flower because I had no clue at the beginning how long they would go. But when they started needing constant watering and weren't near done it was an easy fix.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
View attachment 88213
As soon as these dry out enough (hopefully tomorrow) they’ll be getting transplanted. They’re a lot wider than they are tall, the 6500’s are keeping them short and stocky.

View attachment 88215
Starting to form their 4th nodes.
Damn! Those really do have tight spacing! I wonder if that’s why H recommended going a little softer with the lights?

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
I harvested some earth worm castings today.
The worm factory 360 is great for collecting enough EWC for top dressing. It won't create enough casting to mix a large batch of new soil but for top dressing it gets the job done.
The bin on the right is the lowest bin being harvested. The two bins on the left will be put back in place with the one underneath that has the most recent food going on top and the one with a few worms visible will go on the bottom.

When I eventually need to top dress with something more than EWC it will likely be with Bio Live 5-4-2.

100_7408.JPG

100_7412.JPG

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
View attachment 88273View attachment 88274View attachment 88275
I make these. Strips from growdaddyled. Ive never shipped one before. But I'm not opposed to it. Out of curiosity I checked, from NY to FL its around 50$ shipping. I can do a 350 watt light for 350$ 8 strips. Custom heatsinkss up to 46 inches. And I got junction boxes so I wont have loose wires hanging anymore. Ask @Bustenbeans , @Peacehead , @High kev how they like there's 👍
Is that thermostat wire ?