The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Spent a day figuring out where to land my first page and saw this category. I have some fem seeds from a few sources but I am mainly growing testers for @J.James. I also plan to try my first run of seeds in the near future and this site was recommended as a wealth of knowledge in that area. I have 2 small rooms and a mini-tent. The tent stands idle, and I am growing these rooms out before I try playing God with strains.

In this corner, under a HydroGrowLED Penetrator XB200, I have 2 Florida Diesel by J.James and a 3-plant "12/12 from seed" experiment that stemmed from a party-cup competition (ongoing). This is a standard 3x3 closet.
XB.JPG
And in this corner, under HLG quantum boards , there are 2 The Crown Jewel (Golden Lion genetics) F2's by J.James, one 4th Gear (batch #24) by County Line Genetics, and one Granddaddy Purple by ILGM. This is a 3x4 nook beside the closet that I closed in for a second room.
HLG.JPG
And my most recent harvest (10/26) is still in the early curing stage. Royal Mystery by J.James.
IMG_3080.JPGIMG_3083.JPGIMG_3106.JPG
This was right before bucking and jarring.
IMG_3181.JPGIMG_3182.JPG

Last edited:

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Spent a day figuring out where to land my first page and saw this category. I have some fem seeds from a few sources but I am mainly growing testers for @J.James. I also plan to try my first run of seeds in the near future and this site was recommended as a wealth of knowledge in that area. I have 2 small rooms and a mini-tent. The tent stands idle, and I am growing these rooms out before I try playing God with strains.

In this corner, under a HydroGrowLED Penetrator XB200, I have 2 Florida Diesel by J.James and a 3-plant "12/12 from seed" experiment that stemmed from a party-cup competition (ongoing). This is a standard 3x3 closet.
View attachment 28903
And in this corner, under HLG quantum boards , there are 2 The Crown Jewel (Golden Lion genetics) F2's by J.James, one 4th Gear (batch #24) by County Line Genetics, and one Granddaddy Purple by ILGM. This is a 3x4 nook beside the closet that I closed in for a second room.
View attachment 28897
And my most recent harvest (10/26) is still in the early curing stage. Royal Mystery by J.James.
View attachment 28898View attachment 28899View attachment 28900
This was right before bucking and jarring.
View attachment 28901View attachment 28902
nice buds my dude

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Repotted my 2 12/12 from seed plants to 5 gallons and had to shuffle my party cup plant to a different room. Thats 3 4-tops and an 8-top. The FloD (left) are mainlines, the BW and BB were just topped to leave 4 limbs early.
IMG_3346.JPGIMG_3352.JPG
Decent shot of a Crown Jewel top.IMG_3364.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Horticulture Lighting Group room got fed tonight, and I think setting up the XB room to all get fed the same will make life easier. The 4G needed fed, her FloD sisters under the XB did not.
IMG_3432.JPG

Had 3 different feeds on day 54 for the GDP/CJ, day 29 for the 4th Gear, and day 48 for the party-cup.

I can't take a decent close-up to save my ass, but the GDP is almost done. Maybe 2-3% amber, but every lower nug has plump calyxes and no white pistils. This is the smaller of the 4 tops and it is almost done.
IMG_3423.JPG

So she just got straight RO tonight, no calmag or anything. The other three have foxtails up top but not underneath. I snipped all the old crispy fan leaves to get more light to the leaves that are still viable.
IMG_3438.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG

The 4th Gear is on the skinny side, might just be comparative to older plants, but she looks great.
IMG_3435.JPG

And the Crown Jewel look to have a few weeks left. The secondary growth is nice and uniform, hiding most of the original pistils.

IMG_3434.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's a little more "catch-up" info from past grows.
After my flowers are mostly dry, about 25% original wet-weight, I buck-n-jar it and finish the drying under vacuum with 62% packs in the jar. My nugs don't tighten up as soon, and some stay "fluffy" even with dense buds. Like marinating chicken or something, it opens up the pores and lets it dry more evenly.

Instead of just burping I roll it out in the fresh air each time and weigh it again, just sharpie-ing the weight on the lids. Once the weight stops dropping in about a week I stop vacuuming it and just jar it. It's tedious but I'm retired and don't care :cool:

Anywhoooo, My ILGM Black Widow and @J.James Royal Mystery are aging nicely. I'll put up a smoke report on the RM once it's done. Both were 4-top mainlines, the store-bought seed finished quick as advertised (56day) and I got about 2.5oz I already smoked what little larf there was on this one. It hits the one month mark tomorrow and enters the arena.
BW.JPG
The RM went roughly 70 days, and roughly half again as big. This is from the "ring-winning" flowers :)
RM1.JPG
The 4 tops weighed in at 34g, the larf is 14g. The nugs weighed in at 69.69g I shit you not!
RM2.JPG
And here's what I am burning now. Left to right is Superskunk from a contest grow (I didn't win) that landed me over 6oz of "dispensary-nug" product. the 4 tops on the unmolested trees were decent size, but nothing to write home about. The middle is ILGM Northern Lights, a monster-crop clone project/closet-filler that netted over 8oz from 6 plants. And on the right is ILGM Bruce Banner from a one-plant, 2oz grow. So far all the ILGM smoke is acceptable. can't wait to start digging in to my micro-brew weed :)
IMG_3443.JPG

Last edited: