The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I spent yesterday packing up seeds. just into brown paper envelopes that can absorb moisture if needed and they're still open, but they are all apparently the viable ones. i hand sorted out the misshapen ones. Anything possibly viable I kept. If it don't pop, no loss. I packed up 5 packs of a dozen beans each that were all dark and pretty. For some that's what I'll give away, for others that's all I'll keep. Still sorting it out in my head. Some were just plants I had in veg that would have been monsters if I kept in veg them until after the chuck. Not doing that for smoke I've never tried (but I'll use it for breeding :unsure: 🤷‍♂️ ), Those might end up being the best ones. Marigold seeds drying in the background.
IMG_1441.JPG
I only have the 2 Flashback 68 pheno's going now, And regardless of smoke I have settled on the short lime green one. The taller one is taller (I grow inside), and it carries a varriegation trait that does nothing for the plant. It's on one limbs of the back left one
IMG_1430.JPG
And also popping on the clone forest so I'll just get that clone/mom ready to flip. No problem getting more of the smoke but it's not the keeper. I also have all those beans I bought to pop so I won't be keeping more than one long-term. So far the version in the 5/pot is shorter, flowers quicker, and smells a little danker.
IMG_1435.JPG
I have the Dog-rust rocking. This likely comes down 11/11 at 10 weeks.
IMG_1432.JPG
The 4x4 has all stages of flower in it. The leaves on that Dubstep are crazy. Nothing wrong with the plant, she smells spicy/sweet and good, but the shade leaves are all like Wavy Lays potato chips.
IMG_1434.JPG
These are all the same flip for now but stuff is gonna stretch. It's only 2 weeks untill I start harvesting a few and making room so I can rearrange easily. I think the closet will end up with the Pink Floyd (right 3), and it'll go 14 weeks and be a pain in the ass.
IMG_1433.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am committed to keeping the three 1968 clones until I chuck pollen on them. I want to grow out some of the smoke too so getting them clonable is first priority.

For the Chem91 I have the peanut butter one and the real deal. If I like the real one better I don't need either mom. I'll do several clone runs every time I pop a bean to get a stash, but no need for a long term relationship.

For the Flashback, same deal since I have so many beans and all phenos seem legit. But since I want to keep working that line I'll be popping a lot of hopefully similar weed from MY beans. And then chucking that back on the Flashback 68 (and the three 1968) to make my final product.

Untill I settle on males for that final breeding step/project Andy is the only one that gets any of the Flashback cross. He sounded as excited about those as I am.

Besides the F2's and the FB68 crosses, the Ricky Retardo was the loudest seed mom of the bunch. Super lemony but not like fake lemon. The Tire Fire actually had a smoky smell that might have been in my head but I have one in early flower now so we'll see. The Headline mom had a crazy blueberry smell I didn't expect, and the Blue Jack City had that blueberries and blue cheese combo that's suprisingly nice.

The UK Cheese x T-1000/Old Family Purps from CSI getting hit with the GMO, ChemD/I-95 is gonna be wild but should be fun to just run a tent of and see what happens. Same with the Hollyweed x TKM10 cross.

My PB cut of Chem91, the Muttzarella (UK Cheese), and the Blue Nose Pitt (West Coast Dog) crosses are all Chem91 family.

The Blue Nose Pitt, Dubstep, and Oilspill are the ones I haven't smoked but made crosses with.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I bought a brick of cheap coco and used it to beef up some outdoor potting soil. Lots of compost and worms in the 100g cloth pot.
Anyway, the boards on my porch are 5' long. I opened the door and talked to this one (mustache) while it ate thaw-damaged pizza rolls. The opossum also came up and tried to get some but scurried when I opened the door. the marking looks just like a mustache shape when it looks directly at you.
IMG_1442.JPG IMG_1443.JPG
This is the CSI reg tent.
IMG_1444.JPG
And the once and future mom tent.
IMG_1449.JPG
All the seed plants lost their lower leaves and any limbs from the seed leaf and 3-blade node. On the 1968 those actyallu looked good so I left the limbs but took the leaves.
IMG_1446.JPG
The Flashback 68 keeper left and the Chem91 legit cut that is a keeper at least to make more flower.
IMG_1447.JPG
That's it for moms though. I am getting these ready to flip as soon as I harvest the first two FB68. The tall, light green FB68 and the peanut butter Chem shrub are gone. I topped both for now without cloning :oops:. The FB68 will get a 7g and flip as is or I may take a few more limbs off. I may clone up the shrub and do more of the multi-clone pots with it. Might stick it in a big pot and let it go. It only needs 8.5 weeks then it's gonna nanner. The flower has aged well so I might as well get one more run out of it. Two weeks to let the limbs grow out. Might as well get it into a big pot now to get the limbs going good then clone the tips and leave enough to flip what I don't clone.
IMG_1448.JPG

But I have two weeks to decide. Watching the smoke stash diminish makes you think different than when you have a harvest hanging. They might both just be compost. I have seeds and the PB-Chem x Taxi crosses might not nanner and be better smoke.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not weed. I bought a 24-pack of safron crocus bulbs from Baker Creek. Supposed to get them in the ground in fall so they pop up first thing in spring. Plant in shaded areas because they bloom before trees get leaves. I split the 'corms' 50/50 inside and outside. The ones inside are doing what I expected, and one looks ready to bloom. Some didn't pop yet didn't pop but a few have multiple stalks popping from one. They were stuck in like a double-six domino
IMG_1451.JPG
Coming back from the mailbox I saw this. I guess the freeze we had was enough to simulate winter, then the warm spell got some moving. No stalks to speak of but I harvested my 3-per-flower stigma.
IMG_1450.JPG
I checked a recipe and it calls for 10 strands to make safron rice. I think I'll use all 15 LOL
IMG_1452.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Game on. This will never be a cash crop, but for me weed never will either. It's more about the growing, and these are easy. I'm not sure what type of cycle they'll go through inside but I have them under 12 hours of light and they love it. They don't need water unless the soil completely dries. I think that harvesting as soon as they open is probably better than waiting. These look healthier than the outdoor flowers, no floppy stems, so I wonder if there will be a difference is thread quality. Outside the stigma were dangling below the petals when the flower closed for the night, then stayed there under the flower after that.
IMG_1462.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those saffron flowers are neat. How did the rice turn out?
I haven't messed with it yet. I have gotten a few more flowers worth from outside and there are more popping up. I know they will have an "end date" so I want to see how much I actually get before I use any. What I am seeing on the inside clusters is probably the beginning of being able to divide them for more bulbs.