The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Being able to leave stuff hanging for 10 days sped up the cure a bit. I spend a whole $30 on a chicom 6-liter humidifier for the veg bedroom where the temporary drying tent is. I think I may retire granny's wardrobe just because it's in a 'dry' area of the house. I never have enough in veg that I can't consolidate into one tent and leave the other for drying.

I got the stuff into the terp bags and one of the plastic containers with the giant 62% pack in it and it's in the fridge. I'll pull it out every few days and open the bags for a smell but they should be good. The Headline, Blue Jack and Flashback are already in the smoke line-up. The Platty and Sour Puss I'll check again in a month. I knw that if I RSO wash the Platinum Ice the resin weight ratio would be outrageous.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When these stop stretching I'll fire the closet back if there's more than the one stretcher. It may go in there with some in the other tent that are close to finishing. I have the lights at 80% in here for the little guys to get theirs, and if the big ones can't take it I'll move them.
IMG_9347.JPG
These have a few that are browning. The small Catpis Kush, the Potion and the Bombthreat could be triplets. The taller CK is the closet candidate, maybe both with shelves.
IMG_9344.JPG
The Chem '91 S1 front right is shorter and shrubbier than others I have grown. If the high is the same I am sold on this being a mom for a while. It's got those fat pistils like usual, but since it's not stretchy there's plenty of leaves there at the same level so I can pluck the canibalized ones with no problem.
IMG_9345.JPG
I went agent orange on the undergrowth. there's only the last bit of each lower limb that has anything on it.
IMG_9346.JPG
These have all been slow but the weather is changing and they are drinking more. All the Chemdog clones seem to be staying short and shrubby too. I plan on keeping one of the smaller ones for a mom and flowering the rest.
IMG_9340.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I checked before lights out and both of the CLHP crosses have their fan leaves sideways. Two plants justifies firing the closet back up.

Everything in that older plant tent is getting the hints of brown pistils so 3-4 weeks left. Most hit 8 weeks on the 7th so another batch of 10-week plants, except the Bombthreat that got flipped later. It looks like a quick-flowering strains.

The Cookie Breath dried quick and has some weight to it, but there was nothing in the smell while bucking it that made me want to try any early. I was hoping fpor more meat-breath and I think i got cookies.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One of the main reasons I like to grow out a few of everything rather than whole packs is to try and find any phenominal plants where I want to get more seeds before they are unavailable. I just bought 2 more packs of Flashback '68 fems from Greenway Solutions.

That makes four in the mom-tent I want to have. The Chem91 obviously,
Dirty Taxi from Top Dawg which I am hunting a few of now. There is nothing special about the smell or anything on this except the high so i think any girl will be a keeper. I have 10 more of those regs and there's no more in the stores I have seen.
Headline from Skunktek which I know I need the meatier pheno, but I know I can tell early flower if that's it and taking a flower clone might be easiest when I find the right one.
And now the '68. This also has food smells, like a Mexican restaurant but not a particular dish. I have a fat sack of this and the high is on point. When I do get around to popping another I'll clone it and then see if there's a variety or not. Popping the next bean when I get bored to see if it's an upgrade like with the Chem91.

1712104764910.png

Flashback 1968 – Greenway Solutions Seeds

Don't sleep on these beans. All the others I have grown from him are great plants and might be someone elses perfect high, but this nails it for me.

The Blue Jack City is also phenominal, but it doesn't check all the boxes for me. Great blue cheese smell and it'll be cool to see it alongside the Muttzarella.

Last edited:

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
One of the main reasons I like to grow out a few of everything rather than whole packs is to try and find any phenominal plants where I want to get more seeds before they are unavailable. I just bought 2 more packs of Flashback '68 fems from Greenway Solutions.

That makes four in the mom-tent I want to have. The Chem91 obviously,
Dirty Taxi from Top Dawg which I am hunting a few of now. There is nothing special about the smell or anything on this except the high so i think any girl will be a keeper. I have 10 more of those regs and there's no more in the stores I have seen.
Headline from Skunktek which I know I need the meatier pheno, but I know I can tell early flower if that's it and taking a flower clone might be easiest when I find the right one.
And now the '68. This also has food smells, like a Mexican restaurant but not a particular dish. I have a fat sack of this and the high is on point. When I do get around to popping another I'll clone it and then see if there's a variety or not. Popping the next bean when I get bored to see if it's an upgrade like with the Chem91.

View attachment 136725

Flashback 1968 – Greenway Solutions Seeds

Don't sleep on these beans. All the others I have grown from him are great plants and might be someone elses perfect high, but this nails it for me.

The Blue Jack City is also phenominal, but it doesn't check all the boxes for me. Great blue cheese smell and it'll be cool to see it alongside the Muttzarella.
I didn't know about them, thank you sir

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I spread things out and when I checked the CLHP x CSR there was another sideways fan so I bumped the light back to 40%
IMG_9352.JPG
Everything has plenty of room now, and with my excessive male count last drop this next one I get to go nuts. I have 5 in the 4x4
IMG_9353.JPG
and 4 in the 3x3
IMG_9355.JPG
and only 7 regs to jump in, and three of those I am waiting on them to be clonable before flip. I think I may clone the two Frosty MacFish as well as the Dirty Taxi since the fish is kind of an oddball. But the last two were branchy as hell so no worries there. I also have the 3 clones to flower. The smaller pot to thefront has some uglier leaves so the middle small pot is likely the mom. I'm cleaning the bottoms off the 5qt pot plants and getting them ready to drop in a 7g as soon as they drink their water regularly
IMG_9356.JPG

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
I spread things out and when I checked the CLHP x CSR there was another sideways fan so I bumped the light back to 40%
View attachment 136733
Everything has plenty of room now, and with my excessive male count last drop this next one I get to go nuts. I have 5 in the 4x4
View attachment 136734
and 4 in the 3x3
View attachment 136735
and only 7 regs to jump in, and three of those I am waiting on them to be clonable before flip. I think I may clone the two Frosty MacFish as well as the Dirty Taxi since the fish is kind of an oddball. But the last two were branchy as hell so no worries there. I also have the 3 clones to flower. The smaller pot to thefront has some uglier leaves so the middle small pot is likely the mom. I'm cleaning the bottoms off the 5qt pot plants and getting them ready to drop in a 7g as soon as they drink their water regularly
View attachment 136736
What size pot you use in the 3x3, is 4 you normal amount for that size?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What size pot you use in the 3x3, is 4 you normal amount for that size?
It's actually 3.5' square, 40". I have a niche in the bedroom that is a few inches bigger than that but wouldn't hold a 4x4.

Anyway, I can fit nine 5g pots in that tent, and nine 7g pots in the 4x4.

I could easily fit the plants from both tents in the 4x4 now with the 2 in the closet, but it's more about keeping the plants happy than about bio-mass, and electricity where I live is cheap so there's no worries about "growing floor".

I have the AC Inffinity lights in all three spaces and adjusting the dim is not some screwdriver and light meter project. There's a dial, with percentages. So for now the closet is on 40% because those two plants seemed to get all the light they needed well before lights out - which made them turn the fan leaves sideways.

The tent with the mid-flower plants is at 60% because they just don't need as much late in flower, I also have those lights height adjustable.
The 4x4 is at 80% but I have that light pole-mounted. It is on the tent ceiling and will stay there, and I have the light stronger so shorter plants are happy.

But it's also good to have those options available for random plants that need special attention. It just happens that everything is pretty normal now except the two in the closet.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a second 40" tent and a 3x3 for veg, and the two mini-tents rigged for starting clones or seeds.
I think veg works better with more plants jammed together so I have them all in the 3x3 tent now.
Since drying worked better in a tent in that bedroom I may shift it so the 40" tent is the veg and the 3x3 for drying.

That little 100w light in tthe mini tent worked great for getting clones started, but once I had them under a 200w veg light they got pissed when I tried to put them back.

This is me thinking out loud so you can get how my mind processes this stuff LOL.

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
I think our loud all the time. I started with the 1 3x3x6 and recently added another. I'd been fooling with autoflowers a few years and I'm going back to photos just gradually. I'm still getting used to the new set up , I was so used to my cree cobs and 281+ these new lights have a learning curve. I'm trying to use the 1 extraction fan for both tents as well

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think our loud all the time. I started with the 1 3x3x6 and recently added another. I'd been fooling with autoflowers a few years and I'm going back to photos just gradually. I'm still getting used to the new set up , I was so used to my cree cobs and 281+ these new lights have a learning curve. I'm trying to use the 1 extraction fan for both tents as well
I went from a closet and a mini-room with a homemade door to 4 regular size tents, two mini tents and a closet - and I just grow for me and one of the kids that occasionally snags a QP or so for friends and family where she's at.

Almost everything I have learned is on this thread. I have done some stupid shit but it got me to where I am now, which is being able to drop a bean and know I'll finish the grow with a healthy plant 95% of the time.

I have also been narrowing down my likes and dislikes. Being retired I smoke all the time. There's rec weed and meds but most of it is for fun. Having found 4 strains that hit every box for my med needs is very nice. Five if I can get another CLHP to pop because they have all been fantastic.

As far as thinking out loud, I can't count the number of times I have put random thoughts on here, then after thinking about it realized a flaw in the plan, or that it was just a dumb-ass idea ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have also been narrowing down my likes and dislikes. Being retired I smoke all the time. There's rec weed and meds but most of it is for fun. Having found 4 strains that hit every box for my med needs is very nice. Five if I can get another CLHP to pop because they have all been fantastic.
And that is no shit - I was down to the Dirty Taxi which was a surprise find and it was going quick. I have maybe a quarter bag left. I was wondering if this Headline would do the trick but it's just fantastic rec weed. The '68 was a pure surprise and I have a lot of it and more beans on the way - I'll find a cloner in there somewhere.

My other theory is that I am not lucky enough to find that one unicorn plant out of the first bean I pop. Never have been. I don't win a thing. So if I find a phenomial plant first try I know there has to be better ones available.

With the Chem91 I think finding the short one with the pretty uniform canopy might be the ticket to having one that doesn't eat all the top leaves as she ages. If not I'll pop another bean and try that one.

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
Hazebanger,musty tooth, and helons melons from Greenway look impressive. I like that they include jack herer and triangle in the mix. I can see why the 68 caught your attention as well. Thanks for the info 😊

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hazebanger,musty tooth, and helons melons from Greenway look impressive. I like that they include jack herer and triangle in the mix. I can see why the 68 caught your attention as well. Thanks for the info 😊
I bought two packs of the same thing, and I let him know what I already had and tried. So if there's freebies I hope it's either more of the same or something he thinks has a similar high.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So the way I grow stuff and constantly have new flavors to try it'll be a few months before I run low on the '68. When I do it'll be another lone bean with no cloning. I want to see if they are all the same or if there's a hunt with the rest of the beans.

Smoking on the Girl Scout Breath today and it has a good high, tastes like weed, and is real sticky.
The NL5 Haze x Headband (Headline from Skunktek) is spicy tasting with a great headrush but I was alrady high when I smoked it.
Same with the Flamethrower (Greenway), which is still like baby aspirin in the jar, but once it's ground up it's like fresh orange peel and has that citrus flavor.

The last two are the next wake-n-bakes. Might be in the morning or after a long nap. ;)

Always remember, you can't be high all day if you don't start first thing :cool:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I need to water, but I need to wash my ass first from outside gardening, but I like to check right when the lights come on to make sure there are no emergencies to be addressed. This is day 3 so some could have been wanting to droop. Now I can have a relaxed evening in the garden. Potion and Bombthreat HP13 on the right, Catpiss Kush tall and short on the left. The Bomb is doing very well in the 3g plastic pot.
IMG_9381.JPG
The tall and short CLHP crosses are more drastic. Not sure if I'll have a CLHP leaner in there or not.
IMG_9378.JPG
And in here I have the Muttzarella front left, Chemdog back right, Trinity OG front right thd two short Headline.
IMG_9382.JPG