The James Gang

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
These were regs, not sure what you are asking. I generally get about two zips per plant average. some closer to one, some closer to three. In the living soil most of the plants have been taking about 9-10 weeks. These took about 4 weeks longer and I'll get about 2.5 for one plant of larfy bud. Lots of volume, but the weight is the same as the non-mutant plants. The high is supposed to be a trip though so that's what I am hoping. Also, since they took so long I know they need to cure long as well. I won't be bothering to try them early and spoil the surprise LOL.
you got me covered except for the high ! i'll wait and see how you grade em,come smoke time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So after years of running plants this is what I keep track of now, this and a a calendar with what I fed them last on it. It'll be relevant later.
Also pictured is a piece of fuzzy velcro right where it needs to be when I open the tent door to the right. 8 weeks is for starting to check trichs or making notes of which ones will go long. 4 weeks is for flip or not.
IMG_6278.JPG
With the Ducks gone I could shut down the closet and jam these in the mid-size plant tent. But I like having the space. The Big Bad Wolf on the left looks perfect. ChemD and Chem91 - yum ;) The shorter one is the Fruit Jam (The Betsy cross) She's still stretching a bit and seems to like this space.
IMG_6280.JPG
The Chemdog is starting to eat herself and had zero issues after the handfull of balls at 4 weeks. I think this means it'll be a winner.
That handy-dandy "is this even at 8 weeks yet?" checklist says the Irene clone is at 8 weeks today. She's the faded one edging on crispy in the back
IMG_6282.JPG
I think the Colombian did better from seed than from clone. Not that I'm running clones but it is interesting that the heirloom stuff did worse as a clone. I don't think she'll see 9 weeks.
IMG_6288.JPG
But if that is my only issue for a while I can deal. The first clone did OK and might be better than the seed mom. This tent has the Cream clone lower right which doesn't his 8wks until the 16th. The two Lime1 x Jaro in the back are not twins. One is already flowering well, the other is a littlle clawed and just has pre-flowers.
IMG_6291.JPG
Frosty consistency with the mom plant.
IMG_6297.JPG
And also the Lemon Tree clone which hits 8 weeks on the 20th. She had a runty limb that I pruned away early, and this is the "wall" side. Super healtthy and definitely got enough N.
IMG_6301.JPG
She also looks age appropriate.
IMG_6303.JPG
Last is the veg tent. When I drop the Deep Chunk the ground cherry pot will be in the center of the other tent serving as my manzanita for a little shade. The late poppers have been on hold since I stuck them in the big pots, but still healthy, and should take off when they hit bottom. They hadn't filled out the mini solo-cups yet.
IMG_6306.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is a first for me. I'm pulling the Irene to make room. She is the last that was effected by the no-AC thing in flower, and just keeps putting out pistils, but mom and sister both went 8 weeks. I have the two Lime1 plants in the short tent that need to move into the taller tent or the closet. The two Lime 1, the Big Bad Wolf, and the Fruit Jam are the big trees I have going. The Chromatic, Obamacare and Chem91 are topped and can be tightened up more easily.

One thing I have been doing lately is not messing with them other than a peek for obvious issues right when the lights come on. I like to wait a few hours and let them get their day started before I hit them with water or pruning or anything. Since the brief check showed nothing dead, and no dusty leaves from missed pollen sacks I can wait a few hours to attack them.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I ended up giving everything an extra day. Nothing was dangerously light.

I was planning the next drop with all the new stuff I have, but looking at all the top-shelf weed I have going, and in the jar I think it's time to do a smaller drop and knock a whole pack off the list. One "whole pack" i have is a 7-pack of Freeborn Grape Lime F2 #8 x 1st Crown testers. I would not mind being a regular in the group that receives his tester beans, and growing them is a start, instead of dropping two and trying for a girl

I want to see the Notso x ChemD cross, and one of the freebies was a fem bean called 'Sour Puss'. I had two Watermelon Hustle males so a re-drop there and the Pink Champs cross from Freeborn I actually bought.

I think the JJ gear and the Deep Chunk can wait a month and get cooler weather. I think that the fruity stuff that might not be my go to for a high, but I know I am gonna grow anyway would be good every few drops when I have a good bit of reliable headstash.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Been getting some evening rains with sunny mornings a few days in a row and the chantarelles are flushing again. I think they must like the hotter weather because they are all small and not fluted like they were earlier, and like the red one. I have a zone at the edge of the forest where the sun and shade are right, and the amber.golden color of these popping through the duff is easy to spot. And once you pluck them it's easy to tell the day-old ones and the fresh ones. The stems get thready and pourous and start to get brown on the inside.
IMG_6319.JPG
The two red ones are the cinnabar that are pretty rare. I have two spots where I have found them and they are mostly microscopic stuff like this, but finding the ginrmous one occasionally happens in or near these clusters
IMG_6322.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also have a stand of pawpaw that have one fruiting tree. I am going to get these seeds and start trees. They spread like strawberries with runners, but the runners don't root well so taking them is usually a fail. There's half a dozen trees about 2' tall, but all shaded so they aren't doing anything but surviving.
IMG_6271.JPG
5 fruit, one deformed, and I think I'll put some kind of net sack over the fruit to make sufe I get the seeds. and not some critter.
IMG_6273.JPG

Streetpro09

Tester
I also have a stand of pawpaw that have one fruiting tree. I am going to get these seeds and start trees. They spread like strawberries with runners, but the runners don't root well so taking them is usually a fail. There's half a dozen trees about 2' tall, but all shaded so they aren't doing anything but surviving.
View attachment 129722
5 fruit, one deformed, and I think I'll put some kind of net sack over the fruit to make sufe I get the seeds. and not some critter.
View attachment 129723
I recently found a small stand of pawpaw on my property too. One taller (10-12ft) and several shorter ones. Kinda like yours. One tree is fruiting with about 9 or so on it.
I like your idea about a sack over them. I've never tried one so I'm kinda excited and I've read where you gotta beat the critters to them when they ripen.

What do you know about transplanting some of the smaller ones? Are there male and female trees where you need to keep them somewhat close?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 129722
View attachment 129723
WISE move the wind blows, and deer wait till they hear em hit the ground

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I recently found a small stand of pawpaw on my property too. One taller (10-12ft) and several shorter ones. Kinda like yours. One tree is fruiting with about 9 or so on it.
I like your idea about a sack over them. I've never tried one so I'm kinda excited and I've read where you gotta beat the critters to them when they ripen.

What do you know about transplanting some of the smaller ones? Are there male and female trees where you need to keep them somewhat close?
Nah, they just have weak-ass roots and if you cut the runner coming from the mother plant they have a poor chance of survival. It's not like digging up a sapling. There was something in the article about grafting but I ain't getting that into it. I know how to plant a seed LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Rearranged since i was pulling out everything to water. I have 3 4-tops
IMG_6326.JPG
4 trees
IMG_6324.JPG
And plenty of room for the next flip. The Wifi Og cross in the little 2g pot needs a bigger pot, but the root's aren't quite there. I think the 2g's I have the fems in for veg will be fine but the 16th (new moon) but this one was put in at flip waiting on sex. Next watering I'll give it another shot.
IMG_6328.JPG
The Cream clone will be done with the new moon based on checking the undercarriage. Frosty bitch!
IMG_6332.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is a smoke report I can hunt for next time there's a show on FCP about the Moon Mountain Kush testers. It is great smoke if any of you can talk Peter out of some at Dagga. I'm sure most of Freeborn's stuff is, but testers is testers, and his first fem project is still his first fem project.

Anyway, it's an almost perfume, almost inscence undertone like a good kush in the jar. Nothing special. But the things I don't want to forget to mention is that ground up it is oily and feels like kinetic sand.

The smell fresh ground is like coffee and spearmint. Wierd but good.

The other thing is that is makes clouds. Instead of just dissipating it hangs in the air like cigarette smoke, making wispy stratus looking clouds that don't go away. I think it's the oilyness of the weed, and the way it expands in your lungs.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last tent, The four 1g regs at the bottom that aren't the three later drops that are acting like runts will flip on the 16th. I was thinking about holding the six 2g fems back another week, but they are all untried weed and just going into 5g pots. I don't want to hurt them later by being in too small a pot for the flower time. It also comes down to tent space. if I chop the lemon tree and the cream, Iwill have 4 plants left in the 4x4. room for 5. after they are in 5g pots, maybe more while they are still small. I can fit one more in the closet and a few in the tall girl tent. So I'll likely split up which fems get flipped. The Notso TK and the Notso Dog can wait and may get 7g. The Headline was a maybe, but I got 15 fem beans in a 10 pack. I need to see if I like it. I have a few days to figure it out, and if needed I can flip this veg tent and shove all my peppers outside.
IMG_6338.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
you got me covered except for the high ! i'll wait and see how you grade em,come smoke time.
I tried some that was hanging for 10-days to dry and that was mainly to see if it was smokeable, therefore jar-able. It was pretty racy and I got a lot done today, but that's it for now. I have one more hanging and I'm gonna let it hang for a while and see what happens.

That big-ass plant weighed 2oz with no stems. by volume it looks like half a pound. F-l-u-f-f-y !!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I flipped the 4 Baguettes cross regs. The Cream and the Lemon Tree are both whitening up with the new moon. the 20th is 8 weeks for the LT, and so far everything runty I have grown that is genetically runty finished faster so that makes sense.
IMG_6346.JPG
The Cream
IMG_6351.JPG
and a couple of good ones of the Lemon Tree.
IMG_6357.JPGIMG_6360.JPG
These are all at 8 weeks, and the Chemdog is doing the Chemdog thing. She's a 10wk plant though so she'll be ready with the full moon. Obamacare is yellowing and looking closer to done but she may go 10 as well. The Chromatic up front looks to go longer than both.
IMG_6340.JPG
I move the Big Bad Wolf up front to check so it kind of dominates the picture. She's also at 8wks. The Fruit Jam is in the back left and the 2 Lime1 are on the right.
IMG_6361.JPG
this is some chunky undercarriage on the BBW.
IMG_6344.JPG
and she has that spiral look at the top if you get the right angle.
IMG_6343.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The fluffy duck. I had to pull out the ammo can to fit it all in one container. It's one of the plastic ones that's thinner. The frost hidden in there is pretty obvious, and there really aren't that many leaves. But it reminds me of an Andrew Dice Clay version of a nursery rhyme. "Mary, Mary, cuite contrary - shave that pussy it's so damn hairy" :ROFLMAO: It has an undertone of grape smell to the hazy/inscense profile. It has stem too. lots of foxtail-y parts to the flowers that you could pull off thestams, but they are very thin so it's not worth it. on the right side there's an example poking up the side.
IMG_6366.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The fluffy duck. I had to pull out the ammo can to fit it all in one container. It's one of the plastic ones that's thinner. The frost hidden in there is pretty obvious, and there really aren't that many leaves. But it reminds me of an Andrew Dice Clay version of a nursery rhyme. "Mary, Mary, cuite contrary - shave that pussy it's so damn hairy" :ROFLMAO: It has an undertone of grape smell to the hazy/inscense profile. It has stem too. lots of foxtail-y parts to the flowers that you could pull off thestams, but they are very thin so it's not worth it. on the right side there's an example poking up the side.
View attachment 129788
@H.A.F. your grows sure have helped me along

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dropped the beans last night and got them in soil this afternoon. Only 12 beans and 2 are fems. The Notso Headband x ChemD is the last of those Headband crosses I have. The Sour Puss is from "Monkey Dog seeds" 🤷‍♂️ but it sounds really good - California Sour x Lemon OG x Critical Kush. I got 6 fems as a freebie last order

Speaking of freebies I have all 7 of the Freeborn testers moist. Grape Lime Skunk x Gelato33 x Cherry Limeade F4 - they're regs and it was hand written on the pack, so I am not sure what is paired with what.

And the Freeborn beans I bought make an appearance. 3 of the Pink Champagne crosses. Supposed to be all around great smoke. I was gonna drop 2 but needed 12 total so the cups don't tip over. It was that or another fem.

I also decided that since we have a blue moon this month that is when I'll drop some of the Deep Chunk. 9 or 10 and they'll spend their entire life in the 100w tent.