The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random notes for me (time and date stamped ;) ) but there it is - just how I'm rolling at the moment.

I just had a big re-set. I am treating the T-star like known fire I want a lot of - These first plants should be to see if I want to drop the pack to find the keeper, but including the one I already have. So until the Chemdog gets big enough to take a bunch of clones I don't need to do anything but preserve.

I took a CLHP clone - I have a hundred fem seeds from before the hurricane - she needed topped and I was on a roll I guess. :rolleyes: 🤷‍♂️

I'll also be shifting to the smaller cups for after the root cubes, and .5g pots for after the cups, until they can be re-cloned.

Depending on what pop's female of the 5 regs I may flower one or both of the T-star as is in regular 5g's. She didn't stretch much, and is only an 8-week plant. Same with the Irene once I get her cloned again. Easier to keep the flower tents full but not crowded with my low humidity - All that moist soil keeps it from getting too dry.

I have my clone dome in a warm-ish tent in a 73 degree room. no heat mat because those kill clones in my tents.

I have three totes of ammended soil that can be used now but resting won't hurt. I also got 4 totes of fresh peat leftover so I should be good for quite a while. I used one gallon pail of peat to a 5g bucket of soil, with a little pumice and vermicompost to balance that out. Then a small amount of Craft Blend, insect frass, pulverized crustacean meal, and bat guano. I am trying out a set ratio to amend a 5g bucket after each grow. Just assorted size cups of different amendments and mix it 5g at a time. Real easy to mess with using the mixer. toss everything in, wet it a little, the get the works dizzy for a few minutes.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not much changed with the T-star gone. Might have to tighten up the Ducks and move the Dogma in the closet if she keeps stretching. Should be about done but I just see puffballs up top, not stacks.
IMG_5323.JPG
The Mayday are showing and I look to have one each - nothing on the Delerium Dog or the 2 Bees Knees. What ends up female is gonna determine which clones I flower out and which are compost.
IMG_5322.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
From the last harvest round the Millionaire and the Cowboy Caviar are top shelf. The two Sunkiss the jury is still out. Nothing orange there, but it has dank potential. The Strawberry Starburst early test was nice, interesting and powerful high. Again though, no strawberry. It has a sweetness and a buzz though so it's different for me.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Fiddler's Green you were talking about tins... Here's the stash.
IMG_5326.JPG
I check everything when I have a few new tins to store and move stuff to smaller containers or ones with the little compartments so there's less air. There are a few that I am hanging on to just because there is nothing wrong with them - but they aren't the one. Pam and Amy, and The Stones and Momma Moonshine I can take or leave, but other people love them. You want to get good service from the pizza delivery guy, set up a few little mylars by the door like trick-or-treat handouts or party favors.
IMG_5330.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have changed my mind a bit about Irie. I'm getting lots of great plants, but I'm not getting the advertized terps. I am getting great effect from the plants, but not the smell or taste. Could be that my organic regimen and his pink-water grows produce different effects from the same plant?

I found a new show to watch a few old episodes of. Treat show is where JLO from the Adam Dunn show went. She has her own gig now and is completely not annoying like Adam the tool. Listening to an old Duke Diamond interview this morning, but she has had interesting guests. Swerve - total douchebag, but she just plays the middle and lets him say what he wants. The dude is a soup sandwich.

But then there was AJ of AJ's sour diesel fame. He does not seem like a bad character at all. One thing he mentioned jives with what I have seen growing the variety that I do. There is nothing new under the sun. Plants I am growing now I can compare closely to other things I have grown in the past that have no apparent relation.

The Sunkiss plants brought that to mind as I ground some this morning. One has a hint of citrus, but it's more like a beach hotel lobby with the fresh scent air-fresheners they use that are supposed to smell like beach but dont. Same smell (or similar) that I got from the AK Bean Brains Williams Wonder. The other smells like toasted peanut butter. Both are great, just not what I expected.

Conversely, with 707 I am getting what I expected so far. The Millionaire for example smells a little and tastes a lot like model cement. In a pleasant way. It's crossed with Gorilla Glue - check. So growing a cross I am not familiar with I am pretty sure that when I grow out the plant it's gonna lean towards the clone-only mom and not the male.

But back to the "nothing new under the sun" part. Now that I have another pack of my Chemdog meds I really need no more beans for a long time. Chances are I have it already in some pack or another. I noticed that a lot of the stuff I have is chem crosses. I like chem and was looking for a Chemdog replacement or a better version. Seems a waste of time after trying many and not getting the dog.

One thing that seems likely is that the most potent strains are not really great producers. it follows that for production, people would cross those fire strains with something to add bio-mass. That's like taking your favorite strain and adding hemp to make it an auto - you are no longer breeding for effect.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
@Fiddler's Green you were talking about tins... Here's the stash.
View attachment 128275
I check everything when I have a few new tins to store and move stuff to smaller containers or ones with the little compartments so there's less air. There are a few that I am hanging on to just because there is nothing wrong with them - but they aren't the one. Pam and Amy, and The Stones and Momma Moonshine I can take or leave, but other people love them. You want to get good service from the pizza delivery guy, set up a few little mylars by the door like trick-or-treat handouts or party favors.
View attachment 128276
Hell of a nice stash!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Quick check and both the Disorderly Conduct and the suspect Mayday were boys, but the other Mayday had pistils as did one of the Bees Knees. That leaves just one of the Bees Knees to show, and 3 that need pots so now I have a good chore. The description on the Bees Knees (GMO cross) said there were 3-4 good phenos that pop. More girls is better there, so up-potting the extra then culling if it's a boy seems sane. And maybe showing a little faith in the Karma will bring those girly bits.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess the readers digest version on the seeds/clones thing is like the Cherrywest. It's a tiny plant and I didn't expect a lot of flower, but it's already got a crazy fresh smell with an odd sweetness that I am sure will be cherries in the end. Or close. So if I like it and want more I either have the rest of the pack of seeds - or run the clones that are already in pots.

But how much Cherrywest am I gonna smoke? It's not like it's my only flavor, and not likely to be my favorite as with 95% of the stuff I drop. How long will I be keeping that clone alive to be a mom, when there's still a pack to hunt.

So clones are for headstash, moms are for unicorns - and the Chem91.

I may have several "unicorns" since I have gotten some killer one-off freebies from Dagga, and some older stuff that is not coming back from CLG and such.so dropping the packs on most things seems the best option.

Also since I LIKE buying beans and getting my freebies I can hopefully find the ones I want more packs of while they are still available. Hunting one or two girls from the pack is not a full representation, even though I think the high's will be similar in every bean.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am just thankful I found the stuff I need, and should let it go at that. I have two strains that have what I need reliably then tons of fun stuff. And the CLHP is in feminized form and I can and will drop a bean every other drop at a minimum. 2 in a row if I get a dud, or several until I get through the post-hurricane 3-packs. Then I have about 100 beans pre-hurricane depending on how many he stuffed in a 13-pack.

Philisophically, regardless of what I paid for them or if they were free, they are all mine and cost nothing to drop. I think the only thing I am still hunting for is that high school high where the colors are brighter and everything is funny, and you have really great creative thoughts- that are sometimes stoopid in hindsight but funny as hell regardless. I am thinking it's gonna be in the Colombian or something like that. Those two clones are beautiful and I haven't taken another cut yet.

The only mom that matters is just popping her seed leaves in the center 4. I am liking this as a veg tent but might jump stuff over to the more powerful light as I start up-pottng and/or running more. the ChemD x Chem91 may also be a mom. The Oz stuff and the Obama one is to try, then I can pop another bean. I have both the 707 OG Kush (worked SFV) and their WiFi OG x OG Kush cross that will probably have my OG keeper in the pack. And some Freeborn stuff. And Cowboy Caviar...
IMG_5331.JPG
So all the other clones are just ther in case I want more smoke. like the Irene that may fill a few holes soon. I need to take cuts, and after checking on the culled male clones I need to rig a heat mat again. They were doing nothing. I need a preservation cut of the Irene and to flower one or clones now and one can wait for the baby to root. The T-star are already looking a little shabby, so I need to get a round of cuts and the SOG might be the best option for more smoke other than dropping more beans. I have a feeling that as I baby the Chemdog and BBW ;) the tents will start opening up. I'm just not up-potting beyond a 1g for clones and those need ether a bigger pot or to be cloned. The tops in the dome aren't doing anything yet.
IMG_5332.JPG
The other reason I need to up my clone game is that I want to actually smoke the Catpiss and see what that's all about. I told you I never topped it LOL. That's some crazy shit but hey, Is I can just heep that slow-rolling top as the mom and get some cuts to stretch a bit I might work it into a respectable flower run. The SOG might actually be the best thing for the slow and low ones like this and the Lemon Tree.
IMG_5334.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
FYI - the peanut butter Sunkiss has no ceiling. The other one is like a pallete cleanser but doesn't have the punch even with the bowl-top of kief. But the peanut butter one is pretty good. topped with its kief it'll make your ears ring.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
💡- I have space but soil volume has been the consideration. I can use the clone runs (while it matters) to try out new soil mixed up with my castings and vermicompost and maybe some craft blend and see what happens. I have the mom plant to compare it to and it can't be that bad. I have floor space and pots damnit! And plants to put in them!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's what made me think of it. I have worm bins but I also have an indoor compost tub. I mainly put the sifted roots-mass from the pots in here, cover crops clover and lettuce, etc. but nothing stinky. And I add bokashi as well - and they get a snack on occasion. They love the roots but it seems to take forever for them to break them down so it makes sifting the worm bins a pain - so they get the tub.

They stay in the dark with a few decent size holes in the lid that they never crawl out of. They do like the oxygen around the lid edge for getting their exercise and humping so I have an abundance of worms that are primed and ready t work some new soil. I wiped down the sides with the new roots I put in to get them started. I never add moisture and I have no holes in the bottom. I'll dump the whole mes into another tub just to 'turn' it but I have never had it dry out and never had excess puddling in the bottom. Zero maintentance disposal for stuff that needs time. And they are always happy. Might give them some cardboard later LOL
IMG_5335.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First order of business was to sort out height. The Dogma got a high chair but made the heith requirement for the closet ride.
IMG_5336.JPG
The 4 up-pots of the seed plants may be 3 after the unknown Bees Knees shows, but the Irene jumped in from the clone tent as is.
IMG_5339.JPG
There will be some rearranging as stuff stretches, but this is pretty cool.
IMG_5340.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think after looking at the pics that I will be topping everything now. If the clone takes fine, if not fine - but getting the amount of flower to not have the clone matter is best with the 4-tops and pruning.

The Strawberry Starburst hits me pretty good, it tastes sweet, and there might be some berry in there somewhere. But it's a good example of what I need from the non-meds. I got large tin of chunky flowers, and I am pretty sure the last half will lose it's ooomph before I smoke it all. And I wouldn't be wanting another run of it at that point. So no clone makes sense and is easier in the long run. With the Millionaire and the Cowboy Caviar, I got smaller tins and both are something I could smoke on the regular and probably not get tired of. I'll probably be dropping one or both of them again sometime after I run out. But just having more smoke of either is probably good enough without worrying about long veg or a clone run.

I keep a few little mylars of that SkunkXXX to give as tips for the pizza delivery guy or girl. It ended up with the perfect pinecone shaped nugs and sharp contrast of colors with the dark green and powdered sugar, and the dark brown pistils. It still smells floral and spice with just a hint of skunk-cabbage. Anywhooooo, dude and his wife ran out of gas and coasted just into my driveway to get out of the road. Long story short I gave him a few gallons of gas and I guess he saw me toss out the last of a joint when I first went out because he offered to roll one. I politely declined because I am a weed snob and have plenty - so instead I gave him a pizza-tip bag. Nothing's weighed but it's probably between an 1/8th and a 1/4; whatever would fit comfortably in a seed-pack size mylar. Apparently that made his day.

He and the wife stopped by a week or so later while I was in the yard and thanked me, and commented on how stellar the smoke was :cool: - almost a year old. Gotta love that LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not a great pic, but it was at night,through the back door and with no flash because of the glass. The porch light I keep on seems to not be an issue. Opossum got to the cat food before the ferals did. I put out a tiny handfull every few days, they always come by to check, but never stick around because there's not always food.

Pretty sure this is a second one (or more hopefully) because the other one didn't seem to be as dark shaded.
IMG_5344.JPG