The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So this is what I have in veg now - all of it. Rearranging furniture now that I have the spare good tent and it was easiest to just jam them in here. Dome for the next gen T-star clones, dome for the 6 seeds I dropped, and the cracked domes for the rooted/potted clones that are hardening off.

The back wall has my clone pairs that I am debating flowering one of. The larger T-star have their tops in the dome and then both can go. I am planning on using the closet for flower only if I can get away with it. And if so, maybe toss a big pot in there with a sea of green of clones. That worked like a champ last time I did it, it's just the hassle of cloning first, then potting etc. But it requires no soil at first if I go that route.

I have 2 Irene clones in the small pots that are killing it, but the Cherrywest clone is struggling. And I didn't get the Freeborn Afi x Headband tester fem to clone either.

The rest are veg almost ready to flip plants that I need to get off my ass and clone. One Disorderly Conduct and the Catpiss won't flip due to size and lack of clones. I watered them this mmorning, and I think the next step is gonna be taking the fan leaves off the lowers so I can see whats up. Should have done it sooner. All this is under 80w of light. I bumped it up from 60w when I put the regular veg plants in.

IMG_5254.JPG
The Cowboy Caviar and Millionaire are past the burp stage at about 3 weeks so they are going in the fridge. I'll do a decent smoke report wen I sort them out but both seem to be top shelf on the high. The Cowboy Caviar is like a chemical gas perfume.
IMG_5255.JPGIMG_5257.JPGIMG_5258.JPG
And the Millionaire (GG4 x Kush Cleaner) is very light smelling, until you grind it, then it's a combination of glue and sour milk. On the bong-rip you taste model cement.
IMG_5260.JPGIMG_5262.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This tent is mostly the new batch but it's the shorties from both
IMG_5263.JPG
but the Dogma will be graduating to a taller tent or closet as soon as I figure stuff out.
IMG_5266.JPG
The issue is the Ducks that are still stretching. They are finally stacking up top so it might be slowing down, but they may need the closet to themselves. Might be the plan anyway since I want to keep that room all flower stuff. Have the 2 Ducks and room to flip 1g's on a shelf or something. The tents only seem to look empty for a few days then stuff seems to fluff out to fill the gaps.
IMG_5267.JPG
The T-star is in the middle and has a super gas-berry-meat funk going on. Hard to describe but I know it will cure out into a dinner taste LOL. Not no dang vegan dinner either! ;) The Delerium Dog on the right reminds me of the Homecoming Queen so far in every respect. That gassy perfume smell, super-vertical growth and little OG-nugget marbles top to bottom. That was the sole survivor of 5 mutants that earned me a replacement sack of 15 more beans. So it will likely go into in the mom-hunt category. The Orange Gasm up front just finished her 7th week today and has zero brown pistils on the ping-pong ball size puffs. you can see the meat of the flower between the fat stigma. It's going at least 10 weeks though, more likely 11.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

I got 2 praying mantis eggs off amazon from Natures Good Guys because it was fairly cheap and I want them on my property in hoards if possible. I have seen a few but rarely. I ordered these April 4th and have just been glancing at them every day or two and today there were babies!
IMG_5271.JPG
Well, damnit, I paid for them so I am keeping the ones on the lid inside to see what happens. I don't know if they can live off the beneficial mites in the soil and such but whatever. I set the cup with the eggs and about 20 more in the garden and tomorrow morning I'll move it to a different spot in the garden. If they head off into the woods that's fine, but i think they'll stay. As long as the birds don't get them all. At least the handfull inside are top of the food chain.
IMG_5272.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Cloned the two Mayday and the CLHP with a top and to little lower limb clones. Those are the shrubby's.
The two Bees Knees and the Disorderly Conduct have no lateral branching at all. They lost the top for a clone, and are the three with the fan leaves still on them. I figure something has to catch light...
That's 6 of the 8 4/20 plants cloned. The Catpiss and the other DC are runts that will end up being mantis homes because they don't move
IMG_5273.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Grow talk/notes: Sometimes putting it all down and re-reading it can enlighten me LOL.

Getting one new tent changes everything - every time. So if you are lucky enough to have two bedrooms you can grow in it only makes sense to have one flower and one veg right? I was today years old when I finally figgered it out.

Figuring the best use of space and electrical outlets is a chore. Also rearranging lighting and fans. I had a 4" fan in the 42" x 42" which is now venting the 4'x4' into the attic, but not as well as I want. I have a 6" AC Infinty exhaust still in the box that can go there but the hole in the ceiling would need to be opened up. Should have done it when the space was vacant before the new tent got there.

I have 2 spare 135w HLG boards and drivers, and a 200w bar light for a 2x2 that is hanging from the ceiling. The bar light is more light - if the driver didn't burn out and leave me with the drivers from the 135 boards to run it.

Checking out equipment on the South American river basin and it seems Vivo-sux has a new clip fan that copies the AC Infinty ones for $5 cheaper. Count me among the people that are not suckers...

I like having a spare everything if I can, the extra tent is using the spare non-oscillating clip-fan, and if I do it right the spare oscillator too. So those go on the shopping list with whatever ventillation I want to have in storage.

I actually think this helped sort out a plan LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Busy, busy, busy.
I moved the ducks in here because of the height differential. The closet will be the transition room for flipping stuff. Flipped 6 as noted in the sig block, ad the CLHP fem will get a pot as soon as I have soil ready. No hurry since they all took a little break after getting topped and nothing is rootbound,
IMG_5274.JPG
There's room in both flower tents now which I like, and the canopies are level
IMG_5275.JPGIMG_5276.JPG
The clones and the Catpiss and Delirium Dog mutant need water still but I took a break for a podcast and to update this.
IMG_5278.JPG
The seed drop might get an addition since both the Columbian Gold and White Widow were duds. Both were old. I have room for a few regs or another few fems. :rolleyes: :unsure: 😜
IMG_5279.JPG
This tent will be the new veg area tomorrow when the small duct-booster fan shows up tomorrow. Veg doesn't need much extraction with my low humidity, just keep the air moving. I have the upper holes just open for now so it doesn't heat up. Most of this will go outside tomorrow but I am digging the tobacco plant, and the baby aloe stays. A few of the medicinals and herbs get to stay too. I want enough tobaccoo to fill a quart jar green and do a ferment.
IMG_5277.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Seems the Morning Brew has a few keepers in the phenos. The purple one is not as dank - pretty much standard based on what I have grown - but "not as potent" is a relative thing. The fart thing settled down into a pickled onions and garlic smell, then the pickled part died down a bit. The purple one has a similar smell just not as strong. The smell receding tells me it's pretty much cured. As soon as I mess with a flower to break it up the smell is right back.

THIS is where the "stealing terps" idea came from on the rH packs - I think they clean the air in the jar. Any terps that have escaped the flower so you can smell it in the jar is already lost to the flower. If the smell comes right out of id when you grind it there's nothing wrong. If it doesn't come back you need to grow better weed and not blame a Boveda LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Shifted the shorter plants into the big tent since there's more... Plenty of room for the flippers as well, and whichever ones end up female.
IMG_5280.JPG
taller plants in here. The Cream is still stretching so whe might end up in the closet, but for now
IMG_5281.JPG
the Amazon duck girls get their own room.
IMG_5283.JPG
The mom's plus 2 slow-veggers
IMG_5285.JPG
And the clones plus others. Noticed on the pic that it's wy too bright in here, going to dial it back. It was set up to light the room.
IMG_5287.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have the two tops from the T-star mom's inthe cloner. Once one takes the mom's are compost or to be flowered. I am thinking about taking a ton of clones then shoving tham all in one pot. There's also a double on the Irene. I think just keeping one clone after the solo cup stage would be best.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I meant to add that the extra clones is why I didn't drop any more beans to cover the old Dutch duds. Compost or flower - they can go either way. I'm thinking a second Irene in a 5g, because she's not to big, but the T-star might get harder to manage flipped as is so a sea of green and a few weeks to plan it seems legit. So for them I can wait and take clones when more limbs are big enough.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One thing about being retired is that time is irrelevent. Get tired? Take a nap. Awake? Do stuff! ;)

So I took the early bedtime thing after a busy day and got up at 3am. I happened to look out at the garden and my opossum was nosing around at the back porch. It's cat-size, and pure white. I wanted to get a pic but I wanted to watch and not leave to get the camera. I think I'll see it again if I keep the same schedule. for a few days.

Didn't do anything destructive, and was checking out the dish I have for feral cats occasional treat. I waited until it ambled off and snuck mor catfood out. She didn't come back for it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I soaked everything last watering, then let it go 3 days instead of two between waterings. I randomly switch things up due to life or on purpose. Some of the clones have not been using much but they got a soaking too.

I had to doublecheck the clone dome in the other tent to make sure, but I have not topped that Catpiss lower left. The lower limbs just started growing. Something clonable soon, then I flip whatever's left to taste. The clone can veg however long to get good for the next run. The Delerium Dog lower right is a mutant with arugula leaves, and it is not putting out much of anything for secondary limbs. It is a watering or two from being culled. I topped it to see if that forces the limbs to grow.

Those are the only two non-clones besides the seedlings. They got a high chair because they were stretching a bit. The mini tent is looking like it might be good for the stretchy plants, but the clone tent for the shorties that don't want to.

The Irene in the back corners are ready for top-clones to be taken, leaving enough limbs to flip if I want to flower them out. The T-star back middle already have tops in the dome and are working towards a Sea of Green of clones. They are too big to flip in the 5g pots and not expect problems by the end. And I don't think I'll need that much - but I do think I'll want a bit more than the mom plant.
IMG_5304.JPG
The mom in here is in the center. She just finished 8 weeks and is getting close. full moon is on the 3rd. Coincidence? I think not...
IMG_5301.JPG
The innerds are showing ambers but the outer stuff is just getting the opaque look.
IMG_5296.JPGIMG_5297.JPGIMG_5298.JPG
As a habit I take a pic of the name tag for the plant I am checking trichs, then lots of pics I'll zoom in on and delete. Keeps stuff sorted until you decide to chop or not. This one happened to have the lowest nigs on it, and you can see that it's looking milky but there's still a few sparkles from the clear ones catching the flash.
IMG_5295.JPG
I spent the day mixing up soil, re-ammending and adding new peat, vermi, and pumice. The CLHP could get a pot today (only fem) but I think stuff should start showing soon. It's been 6 days and I could probably find a few preflowers but there's nothing obvious. I'll fit 3 in here, but the T-star 7g will be gone and then that tent can take several more 5g's.
IMG_5302.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looks like you're going to need more tins amigo.

Are you going to be squishing any of the new or old stuff to make room?
I have actually been whittling it down. Several that were great at first have lost the attraction, some I kept to cure longer and see never panned out. I have smoke from last June, but have culled stuff from a few months ago. Gonna make culling clones easy though.

I don't do enough dabbing to justify the pressing a lot. I find keeping the dry-sift is preferable. It can aleays be pressed later but you hjaven't damaged the resin glands as much. Should be nicer longer except compared to a temple ball - and I don't smoke enough hash to justify that either.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Took down the T-star just shy of the full moon. Today there were several spors where she was gonna start a new round of pistils, and the milky look was there. She was only 215g wet, so a little over 2oz dry. There's a meaty sweetness to it. Not even gonna start guessing until i get it in the jar. I have the two 1g mom's to clone out, and that might be tomorrow's task. I need to top and flip the Irene twins after I get them re-cloned, and then taken as many off the two T-star moms as I can that are similar size after being cut for a small Sea of Green in one pot. The size will depend on how many I get.

IMG_5309.JPG