The James Gang

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That's why I mixed up coco and castings to get a good consistency, and hopefully got it to the right moisture level, and hopefully it works. If so I'll have an easy way instead of all the cubes and plugs.
someone some time back had a little dirt squeezer to make ,plugs with.i'am sure the mix has to be right.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Soooooo, I have been putting off night-stuff in the tents because I have been doing

I'm most excited about the WASABI! These came as freebie seeds with an order and I will be getting more. They are short stubby radishes, but I can un-roll the pot and add soil if needed. I started some outside too. Tomorrow is beets and carrots.

For me Wasabi is a challenge to grow to harvest loves cool acidic always moist locations tried along creek once results were dismal but I have more patience nowadays been considering giving it another go....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything got water and I lost one Step Child to being a dude. This is the tent of amazing smells. Nothing is loud when you open the tent, but the Amy's both have a unique smell - and both wildly different. The Durb has this fresh kitchen cleaner type smell. The SW x P is dank, and the Dogma is a sweet chemical dank. Sitting there stem-rubbing and smelling stuff is relaxing.
IMG_2975.JPG
The GP back left is mild/sweet and the others are too young, except the Lemon HP x 88G13HP. Chicken powder. Open a chicken flavored cup-o-soup and you smelled my plant. I am thinking there's a hashplant trait that is recurring across supposedly different strains. I have a 25-pack left to find another one of these for a keeper. But if I drop 5 and get an other one - I may have another chuck in the works. That or spend $2/bean and get another sack while they are available.
IMG_2977.JPG

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No pics because I was concentrating on not forgetting anything and fucking it up. I got the Nugsmasher-mini. First press I did was the 3.5g I got from the solo-cup auto. It made a very liquidy/amber rosin, maybe the size of a pea. The next press was 3.5g of kief and I got about the size of a marlble, but it was a little dark.

Haven't even taken a dab yet, just looking at this as another way to save weed. I used those little micron bags, but I think next will just be squashing nugs in parchment to see what comes out.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK - first dab with homemade stuff that ain't hash and I think I got it right. The BlackBerry autotasted good, for the first two puffs. think I had too much because a little around the edge of the banger started to turn darker brown before cooking off so I ditched it.

I have no thermometer or anything, just back of the hand heat test and making sure it's not too hot. If this becomes a thing I may get better gear for it but as is it's too tedious for me. At least it didn't scorch the throat or leave me coughing my lungs out.

I can see having everything set up and ready where smashing a nug then dabbing it would take roughly the same time as to pick apart that same nug and grind it and roll it then smoke it. Because as soon as it comes off the parchment it's dab-ready.

I did get a good buzz off the auto's finally 😜

Streetpro09

Tester
Here's what i do to heat the banger for dabs. Not sure what the heat/color ratio is for glass/ceramic but i usually heat the banger till the bottom is red hot and glowing, then get the dab ready while the banger is cooling. As soon as the color is gone from the banger ill touch my dab down inside.

I like my dabs on the hot side but you should be able to play with timing the color change for your specific needs. Basically heat the banger to the same temp each time then let it cool to the temp you imagine. 😎

Screenshot_20221109-073757_Chrome.jpg

twobitbob

Super Active Member
So this is the line-up. The breeders are the Thunderhole from Dominion. For the ride-alongs I was looking for stuff without a lot of crosses or straight fire I already love. The funny thing is that the T-hole is a lot of skunk, and the fems I chose have 3 that are all Skunk1 pheno's...

Fems:
UK Cheese-CSI
Cali-O-CSI
Lemon Tree S1-Greenpoint
Lemon Cello-Cunning Folk
Sangria Cookies- Hillbilly Bob
TK91-Cannarado
Cowboy Caviar-Family Tree (little chem lots of OG)

For the regs I am using stuff that's either chem heavy, skunky or unique.

Regs:
Dogma 707
DeChempose Covert
Road DOG Luckydog
Williams Wonder AKBB
Grapefruit Hillbilly Bob
Pam Anderson F3 Family Tree
4th Gear CLG
Skunk XXX TH Seeds
God's Gift Hillbilly Bob
Amy Aces The American One
John Lemon Irie
Williams Wonder AKBB is doing well for me in flower room right now it looks better then the clones, it seems to be easy to please and is growing nice buds.
I used the William wonder male to pollinate the unicorn shoes
I have F4 seeds from them yours the same, curious too see how yours turn out everything you have growing looks wonderful
the Roman/MTFxNL5 is AKBB too and is doing good

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Williams Wonder AKBB is doing well for me in flower room right now it looks better then the clones, it seems to be easy to please and is growing nice buds.
I used the William wonder male to pollinate the unicorn shoes
I have F4 seeds from them yours the same, curious too see how yours turn out everything you have growing looks wonderful
the Roman/MTFxNL5 is AKBB too and is doing good
I got the WillyWo when I donated to Duke Diamond's release fund at SHN. Long story that he tells better than me, but for $100 donation I got a pack of the WW regs from AKBB and the Thunderhole from Dominion.

I grew one of each, and the WW is short, chunky and crowdedly dense. I think I should have used a different growing style, but the smoke was good. The Thunderhole was obviously good because I want to make more LOL.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's what i do to heat the banger for dabs. Not sure what the heat/color ratio is for glass/ceramic but i usually heat the banger till the bottom is red hot and glowing, then get the dab ready while the banger is cooling. As soon as the color is gone from the banger ill touch my dab down inside.

I like my dabs on the hot side but you should be able to play with timing the color change for your specific needs. Basically heat the banger to the same temp each time then let it cool to the temp you imagine. 😎
Beautiful. I heard about 600F was optimum, but then I heard there are several 'optimum's and declined getting a thermometer. Knowing that the faint red takes it to 900F is all I need to gauge it better. Your process probably allows it to cool to that optimum range. Looking at what I did I think it was too cool. So the stuff that didn't vaporize sat there and boiled...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Streetpro09 - now I need some collection advice. I did a trial run on some Savage Headband because it was the freshest, still not cured. I used a 1g nug for each press and then weighed the nug-wafer after.

1g @ 190f - .86
1g @ 200f - .85
1g @ 210f - .77

Not sure what a great return is but I got more out of the hotter one. That one also collected easy and made a nice honey colored pea. It actually looks like a Vitamin E capsule. The problem is the two cooler ones. They are greasy. I know when I pull it out of the freeser and try to mess with it there will be sparkly powder that goes everywhere and melts on contact. Is there a trick to collecting the grease?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A cold pack under a cookie sheet/ brownie pan and then placing the parchment on top of the flat surface to peel from might be a quick Macgyver fix
I have a stainless steel work table that stays pretty cool, and I was thinking the same thing. But the cold didn't seem to matter for the greasy stuff, even throwing it in the fridge overnight. I wanted that to work but had to freeze it. I know it's frozen now but it started as a thin layer of grease. Folding the paper in half and pressing the stuff together it would not stick to itself :)

I just know that if it crumbles to dust out of the freezer it is gonna melt on anything warm it hits. It's really not that much, but I don't know if that oily juice is top notch stuff or if it's low grade that has a lot of waxy resin-head-shell stuff in it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I'll be pressing more dry sift than anything else, but the chunky flowers with almost no keif dropping when you grind it have to get a squish just to see.

So figuring out if that low-temp grease is the finest stuff for a quick rip is good for me. I have that Savage Headband that fit's the bill and was awesome first taste. There was citrus in there, but I wasn't really ready to experience all that yet. Just trying not to fuck stuff up while messing with "burn ya' ass quick" stuff.

Instead of torches and thermometers, I see myself likely going the puffco route for this. As infrequently as I would use it 0compared to smoking a bowl or a joint it should last a while, and considering I'm pretty anal about keeping my regular smoking rigs clean.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is what I got from 3g (the three separate runs) of the Savage Headband. Like I said - Vitamin E :cool:
I got all the stuff from tha 'hot' nug, then rolled it around in the grease from the other two and maybe picked up a little more.
IMG_2985.JPG
I took a "grain-o-rice" size off the side and I'm estimating there's 6-7 dabs there.
IMG_2988.JPG

Streetpro09

Tester
All strains act differently at different temps and pressures. Usually the lower the temp the more terpenes are perserved but lower yield. Higher temp more yield but quality usually goes down. Taste and smooth/harshness.

Usually i try and press at the lowest temp possible and then switch out parchment paper and press at subsequently higher temps until the puck is dry looking.

If you press with micron bags you'll need to press more flower at once in order to get a decent return because the bag will soak some up.

As far as collection goes after the press, well that's an experiment with each strain. Big learning curve. Usually 20-25% is concerned a good return for flower. 50% and up for pressing hash. At least that's what i remember off the top of my head at the moment.