The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All good news except...
The unknown auto that dropped the same time as the Cheesecake Smoothie must have been on the same time-table regardless of how long it took to get going. It's gonna die. If the Mindcrawler pulls the same mess it's gone too, but I think it'll be more like the good one.
IMG_0609.JPG
Flipped the Piff, didn't up-pot. I could poke my finger down in the soil easy and it isn't rootbound. Still an option for later if needed.
IMG_0610.JPG
A few got smooshed in here to make room for the Piff
IMG_0611.JPG
No change
IMG_0612.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
random notes

Just checking the calendar against my signature block and the Skunks are just over 7 weeks - that's the drop and flip dates in the brackets.
SkunkXXX #1 is gonna be an 8-weeker easy
Bluperskunk is just a little behind but catching up quick, probably won't see 9 weeks.
SkunkXXX #2 is barely turning.

I have the clones for all three, so if anything rocks I'll make more.

I didn't add the clones I flipped to the signature so i have to go back in here and see when they showed up in the tent :ROFLMAO: I need to start putting more notes on the plant tags. I track the seeds well so I know what to expect out of the next run but the clones I just never bothered. The CLHP in the skunk tent is turning rapidly and I am betting it is getting close to 8 weeks as well. That is where I'll start hunting for it :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since supply is an issue look for second-hand sellers. These are probably the fucks that bought the initial stock.
1653668775150.png
Anyway, I was looking for a juicer and saw there were 2 available from 2 different sellers, both ~$62 but with free shipping. Makes it the same price as the delayed one without free shipping.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Since supply is an issue look for second-hand sellers. These are probably the fucks that bought the initial stock.
View attachment 115267
Anyway, I was looking for a juicer and saw there were 2 available from 2 different sellers, both ~$62 but with free shipping. Makes it the same price as the delayed one without free shipping.
I use a Jack Lalanne's power juicer pro model E-1181. It is still working since originally purchased in 2008.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I use it I'll invest in the best I can get when it wears out.
Fans and lights fall into that category which is why I am snapping up the AC Infinity fans sooner rather than later. One of my vivosux fans started clicking so it was time for replacements anyway. I have the cleaned and oiled reserve fan substituting but it was a clicker too. I keep an emergency fund set aside just for when these things pop up.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Screenshot_20220528-004314_Chrome.jpg
I bought one like this (omega 8006 slow juicer) about 10 years ago and haven't used it in a couple years. It's definitely getting used this summer AND the pulp it poops out of the front can go right in the worm bin. Easy peasy.

If you want to juice leafy greens this is your machine

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
View attachment 115287
I bought one like this (omega 8006 slow juicer) about 10 years ago and haven't used it in a couple years. It's definitely getting used this summer AND the pulp it poops out of the front can go right in the worm bin. Easy peasy.

If you want to juice leafy greens this is your machine
The macerators (slow juicers) are definitely up there in price I settled on this with decent reviews from a known company and I'll beat the hell out of it and find out what I like and don't like for if/when I buy a 'forever' model. Having a worm bin means there's not juice and waste. I'm not losing anything if this thing that's 1/5th the price doesn't completely extract everything. So my reviews might differ from the person that doesn't have two indoor worm bins and a jungle in the spare bedroom...
1653749335640.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I sifted my old compost pile to get some of the good stuff for the garden. I was able to line the base of my new fence with the larger stuff. The fence is just to keep honest critters honest. Also to corral them so I can take them out if they do come in for a meal and I catch them. This is a test run of a "3-sisters" mound with corn planted first and allowed to sprout, then pole beans to climb the corn and keep each other stable, and squash (I chose zucchini) to shade the mound. Some kind of symbiotic bullshit ;)
IMG_0644.JPG
I got 20g of ~3-month compost. The worms are everywhere and at least 4 different varieties. I am planning on making one mound for watermelon but I have two orders of seeds on the way so I plan on amending the compost into homemade seed-starter and potting soil, after giving it a quick sift for some castings to spread around the garden. The cherry tomatoes are the bulk of my garden, mostly from re-veg - but they seem fine with no 10-10-10 or whatever. Or with growing among the weeds. After a few chop-n-drops there is mostly clover and radish left. The new part is just getting mini-clover that shouldn't need clipping.
IMG_0642.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just thinking out loud

I also have a 60g and a 100g cloth pot that I never saw a use for. Since I have a 20g compost head start that might be the way to go. I can add some coco and sphagnum to fluff out the gallons, and the worms dig that so it will be soil eventually. Smaller sifted pumice is probably better for the root veggies.

Now I just need to find a spot to put it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Kind of on cruise control until I start seeing sex on the Piffs and harvesting some skunk. This CLHP pheno might be leaning towards the 7-week variety in clone form since it's already mature at flip. This version has been finicky with funny leaves throughout, but the seed-mom and the next set of clones look(ed) fine. 6/2 is 7 weeks for the CLHP and 8 for the skunks.

Auto's
IMG_0666.JPG
Piff's, MAC cross, CBD and the CLHP clone forest. That looks like the way to go to keep long-held clones from going crazy after flip. I have The Cream back-up clone cup-rooted so next is taking down the whole mom and sticking her in cubes to root.
IMG_0667.JPG
and the rest
IMG_0673.JPGIMG_0675.JPG

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Kind of on cruise control until I start seeing sex on the Piffs and harvesting some skunk. This CLHP pheno might be leaning towards the 7-week variety in clone form since it's already mature at flip. This version has been finicky with funny leaves throughout, but the seed-mom and the next set of clones look(ed) fine. 6/2 is 7 weeks for the CLHP and 8 for the skunks.

Auto's
View attachment 115337
Piff's, MAC cross, CBD and the CLHP clone forest. That looks like the way to go to keep long-held clones from going crazy after flip. I have The Cream back-up clone cup-rooted so next is taking down the whole mom and sticking her in cubes to root.
View attachment 115338
and the rest
View attachment 115339View attachment 115340
Looking sweet

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No major changes yet but the Piff are starting to show sexy bits. Next watering I'll be looking close. The thing I noticed tonight was the Rock Island Rocket "hey wait, that's not a male" flower clone. Kind of wispy for now but if they plump it'll be a bunch of nice no-trim nugs.
IMG_0693.JPG
What I noticed was that after the fan leaf, EVERY surface is coated with trichs. And on the tops, the fans are frosty too.
IMG_0694 (2).JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pre-edited - it's about veggie gardening and seeds. Skip it if you don't care I kind of went sideways

I let that Memberberry go a little too long. After a busy morning that shit put me down for a nap. I finished the joint after I woke up though and it put me right to work. I guess it members what you need right now LOL

Been messing around since posting the previous pic and instead of dropping the next set of beans I literally planted some beans, peas, a few oddball gourds that make birdhouses and luffa's, an assortment of herbs, and a few oddball tomatoes that I am just trying out. One is a dwarf plant with regular size cherry tomatoes. The other is a "spoon" tomato that has a pic of a dozen or so pea-sized tomatoes in a spoon on the pack.

So far I have been satisfied with the germ on most of the stuff from Baker Creek. A few of the beans I am dropping a few more to fill in some blanks between ones I planted in the ground. Most stuff I have been culling where I planted two whatever making sure I at least got one.

I have an assortment of carrots, peas, beans, herbs, onions, lettuces and some odd stuff like broccoli and leeks and such. With the freebies I have also gotten a few tomatoes and cucumbers. I got a bunch of the 2-3 month stuff that grows/ripens better in the cooler weather that I'll be planting in a month or two.

The peppers and tomatoes it's too late to really start seeds so I am going to wait for next years seed stock to buy EVERYTHING that looks good. Cukes are cukes to me - as long as they stay crunchy we're good there. They sent me a freebie variety that might sounds like it'll check the boxes. I got a few double-packs of stuff in the last order that I didn't purchase, as well as the packs they have specifically marked as freebies. I happened to buy something that they also have as a freebie and it's just fewer seeds in the same pack with a "freebie!!!" banner. Same lot numbers too.

I have a tray of 3" tall tomatoes all of the slicing variety from all my old stock. Most of them went into a big jar of cover-crop seeds I spread on the future garden. I'll grow them up to 1g pot size or so and try and make a few new spots to stick them. At a minimum I can spend 30min and get a 5g bucket of potting soil for free and stick them in some old cloth pots but I'd rather have them in the ground.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I actually am trying to clone blackberries - with thorns!!! :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️
I have three types of blackberries on the property, and the one I am cloning is in the area where the new garden will be. I got tore up last year getting these because they are super plump, sweet, quarter-sized berries. They got plowed under levelling the garden but luckily came back (top left corner area) The cover crop is starting to take on the garden, but we haven't had rain for shit. Some of the stuff to the left there that hasn't been mowed is going to seed though so I have a decent water retention level in the soil.
IMG_0726.JPG
I have some runner berries that are like prickly ground cover. Fairly sweet but not prolific. I think they grow well from seed because I find
IMG_0718.JPG
these all through the woods where there's some sun. One berry for the first year, next years vine growing right next to it.
IMG_0730.JPG
Then I have the bulk berries. I'll get several gallons from a few patches like this. These are nice, but they don't get plump. Half berries half center part that the berries are stuck to.
IMG_0720.JPG
The ones by the garden are crazy. Pink flowers and they don't even look like berries at first.
IMG_0723.JPG
They have a tight birds nest of pollen-grabbers that close up like a birds nest, then the berry starts plumping out of the center.
IMG_0725.JPG
Random unique flower. I think it's thistle. I'll be saving seeds from a lot of the wildflowers and cover-crop stuff. That's barley or wheat or something with it. Whatever is in the cover-crop blend.
IMG_0728.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But I also grow weed...:cool:
The auto's seem hit-n-miss. The MC has a fair amount of tiny pistils on the tiny flowers on the tiny plant, but if they all plump up it'll be a bag-o-smoke. The Cheesecake Smoothie far exceeded expectations. Drinking like a fish.
IMG_0747.JPG
I lost two Albany Piff to gender discrimination. No girls yet but I bet all three are. The CLHP in this tent is the SOG back right.
IMG_0748.JPG
The Momma Moonshine are the plump mini-football tops. If I don't get any of the flower clones rooted I might go for the re-veg on the best one. It's gonna be a while before I need any more of it to smoke so there's no hurry. The BHP and Sangria Cookies up front are definitely done stretching and both putting on frost. The Grandpa's Stash clone is hiding in the middle and the CLHP in here is in the 2g. Same flip date as the SOG.
IMG_0763.JPG
The three skunks (2 SkunkXXX and one Bluperskunk) are on the back wall. 8 weeks today and it's looking like two 9-weekers and a 10. One of the SkunkXXX is just now looking more brown than white. The CLHP up front is at 7 weeks and milky as hell. No amber yet but no white pistils either and no second round popping. In the interest of space, since I have some already curing, and because I have the SOG and mini-me I am taking this one at the first amber. It smells amazing but is just missing that powdered sugar "done" look. The DeChempose are middle and middle-left, plump, dark green and starting to funk up. The Lemon Tree is middle-right behind the RIR flower-clone.
IMG_0749.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking at the last pic that CLHP just looks harsh and has the whole grow. I think that's another factor in me wanting to pull it ASAP - I can just feel the nanners wanting to pop :ROFLMAO:

But I am done cloning CLHP. I may drop a bean every two or three drops to keep up the supply, but seeds are easier and I know where to get a lot of these seeds.