The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i for sure dont have your record ,i'll just take notes .
The thing is, I keep getting damn beans! :ROFLMAO:
A lot of those I flowered out I still have beans left. I have almost 30 different fems I haven't run yet (a lot are 1-3 bean freebie packs) and almost 50 packs of regs I haven't gotten a girl from yet. Either from getting males the first try or not dropping them yet.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Looking through the seedbank spreadsheet to see what's next (I love this part as much as growing) and put together a sortable list. Since October of 2018 with my first ILGM fems I have dropped 91 different cultivars. 92 if you count the bagseeds that got it started before that. 3 years and 3 months give or take.
Jesus! I started in the spring of 2017 and I’ve only grown around 30 cultivars so far. That’s mostly because I try to stick to one to two cultivars per grow though. I should start doing more variety each grow but I’ve found it’s hard to get a feel for a cultivar with just one plant.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Jesus! I started in the spring of 2017 and I’ve only grown around 30 cultivars so far. That’s mostly because I try to stick to one to two cultivars per grow though. I should start doing more variety each grow but I’ve found it’s hard to get a feel for a cultivar with just one plant.
I started this not knowing shit about weed other than I want it to get me high. About a third of those reg packs are leftover testers from @J.James

Here's an example of what I envision.
I dropped one CLHP fem seed, and have a dozen left in the pack. (was learning cloning and ended up with a fat stash)
I know it's on my list now, and will get re-dropped when I run out.
I know there are pheno's so I'll probably drop several when I do and take clones of everything.
It'll be a concentrated grow to get a fat harvest of that cultivar.
Toss in 4th Gear, Sangria Cookies, Homecoming Queen, Chemdog, ChemD, the 007up, and a few others and I could grow a whole year of just stuff I know I like.
But I have some of all of those left except the Sangria Cookies & 4th Gear.

what I am doing now is adding to that list.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The 4th Gear will probably be the first re-drop since that was killer and I wasn't growing for shit back then. Should be fire next time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Shoved this in the dark last night at lights on until i could deal with it. Great way to start the morning. The SSHP x Baguettes grew more like the Croquembouche than the Homecoming Queen, which were also Baguettes from Aficianado crosses and both top shelf.
Almost black leaves
IMG_8344.JPG
Ended up with 268g wet, which has been pretty much standard for all this batch so far. Should work out to a zip and a half or better.
IMG_8345.JPGIMG_8346.JPG

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Shoved this in the dark last night at lights on until i could deal with it. Great way to start the morning. The SSHP x Baguettes grew more like the Croquembouche than the Homecoming Queen, which were also Baguettes from Aficianado crosses and both top shelf.
Almost black leaves
View attachment 105433
Ended up with 268g wet, which has been pretty much standard for all this batch so far. Should work out to a zip and a half or better.
View attachment 105434View attachment 105435
Ya that leans baguettes for sure. That baguettes male was super dominant in all the crosses, I did. It Just took over a year to grow out enough of them to figure that out. Im glad I kept him around and look forward to doing more work with him. That has that Wedding cake look even though it doesn't have any in it with the dark fan leaves.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ya that leans baguettes for sure. That baguettes male was super dominant in all the crosses, I did. It Just took over a year to grow out enough of them to figure that out. Im glad I kept him around and look forward to doing more work with him. That has that Wedding cake look even though it doesn't have any in it with the dark fan leaves.
The Homecoming Queen I got was probably that unicorn I should have kept because others I have seen grown out had this same structure, and that one had the 'string of pearls' spires for tops instead of chunky-nugs. I'm guessing that means it was a High School Sweetheart leaner?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am thinking about taking a few clones of this and that, but only selected ones now that I can see them in flower. I really like the short bushy one for structure, and one of the tall ones is a week ahead of the others in flower development and looks to be a real fast finisher.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I do take bother to clones I'll probably snag more, but with all the beans to drop it's not likely I'll do anything with them. The only thing making me even consider it is that I have no more of them - and a spare tent with tomatoes starting...

BUT... If I remember correctly my first inclination was to drop them all then buy some if they hit the market. That is still my go-to option.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
The thing is, I keep getting damn beans! :ROFLMAO:
A lot of those I flowered out I still have beans left. I have almost 30 different fems I haven't run yet (a lot are 1-3 bean freebie packs) and almost 50 packs of regs I haven't gotten a girl from yet. Either from getting males the first try or not dropping them yet.
you need a job with a seed outfit to pull male beans out before packing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Edibles before bed, early to rise... Probably mentioned it before, but I run one pin shy of 18/6 and 12/12 to give each area an extra bit of dark. So 12.5 dark in flower. I read that it helps plants recognize the shift quicker since it's obviously beyond 12/12 - saves electricity but I don't do this to save the planet. I give the plants what they need, fuck the world. Anyway, all my lights come on at 6pm so the flowers are usually dark before I get up.

Got the contest plants taken care of posting on that thread. The Double Alien is listed as a 50-60day strain. Today is day 70... She's gone later this afternoon.
The Chocolate Thai Zkittles is an 11-weeker dropped a month later, she's getting the closet to herself tonight and I can clean the tent.
IMG_8357.JPG
Foxtailing like a bitch, so I have been all in there looking for nanners and it's all good
IMG_8358.JPG
But if I could define one thing as showing the perfect harvest window (IMHO) it's this. If milky is ripe, and amber is dead - catching the amber creeping up the trich stalk should be peak ripeness.
IMG_8362.JPG

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
The Homecoming Queen I got was probably that unicorn I should have kept because others I have seen grown out had this same structure, and that one had the 'string of pearls' spires for tops instead of chunky-nugs. I'm guessing that means it was a High School Sweetheart leaner?
The female Baguette I used in Homecoming Queen smelled and tasted like Herbs de Provence but had a similar structure to the male with tight bud clusters from alternating bud sites.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
The High School Sweetheart Male was only used for two projects, one being the "Homecoming Queen" project and I haven't dived into it enough to know what's what. I picked it because the leaf shape and overall plant structure was identical to the baguette plants. I didn't keep that male but am currently doing work with a GG4 cross I did with it, That project will be available in a few months.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
The High School Sweetheart Male was only used for two projects, one being the "Homecoming Queen" project and I haven't dived into it enough to know what's what. I picked it because the leaf shape and overall plant structure was identical to the baguette plants. I didn't keep that male but am currently doing work with a GG4 cross I did with it, That project will be available in a few months.
i like the sounds of this x

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wake n bake with the Orgi is OK, but I'm bout to go grind up some fire. Very tasty orange leaning smoke, but I can feel the bodhi influence I think. Mellow, behind the scenes buzz - like you could burn this before going into an important meeting and have a blast...

The later of the BCL and Orgi still have a week to cure, and are completely different from this so I am pretty sure it's just this one pheno for now that doesn't thrill me.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The last of this run is hanging. This is the bottom 4 on the list.
IMG_8373.JPG
The Double Alien may need to be chopped up to hang. Fat bitch, and if the limbs don't hold it as is they'll droop together and create issues.
I don't think it drying too quick is gonna be an issue.
IMG_8371.JPG
The list.
1642151902584.png
This is how I keep track of running many different plants with different harvest dates etc. The main thing I use weight for is drying. That 25% mark is the "danger" point of it hanging too long since I'm weighing the whole plant. After 7 days I starrt weighing and checking progress daily. They usually get down to 30% of the wet weight and stop. Since my environment is pretty dialed in I can leave them but I don't think the open air is as good for curing. Usually about 10-12 days with whole plants hanging, never more than 7 with limbs. Some of the chunkier ones I have bucked then thrown on a tray to stick back in for another day before jarring.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Each of those cups has about 1/4 cup of rocky unsifted stuff from the lowest worm bin. It didn't have large worms but there could be babies already getting to work.

I am thinking about letting them ride the cups for a week or so just to see what happens. At least the regs.

I think you might be on to something with taking flower cuts H.A.F as both Harlets and Hashplants are going to have some absolute BEAUTIES to choose from here in the next week or so.
Harlets & Hasplants D9 C.JPG
Harlets & Hasplants D9 B.JPG
H2 is already poking her head up after being super cropped which is always fun to see after you half ass break a main on purpose.
H2-D27 BCL-D29 LSBW-D36 H2.jpg