The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Right on Fiddler, I use em to pull/check my nutes, make any adjustments needed(up/down) quick mix a mix a then feed it back to them. Coffee cans make absolutely perfect seedling station/cloners hell even small dwc buckets. LOVE the ergo handles they have built into the back of them that make them easy to move around my grow space.
View attachment 105122
And so it is decided... If you are regular seed in my gardens you ride a coffee can until you prove you are a female
View attachment 105123
If you get two male and two female (most likely outcome) how tangled are those roots gonne be if you have to separate them? I like the idea but a container each might be easier in the long run.

If you get two male and two female (most likely outcome) how tangled are those roots gonne be if you have to separate them? I like the idea but a container each might be easier in the long run.
You know I was just thinking about that and because the answer to your questions is tangled as shieeeeet! :ROFLMAO: New policy incoming... If you are a regular seed in my garden you ride a multi station Folgers dwc pimp bucket 5000 until your roots start threatening other plants then you get your own coffee can all to yourself. Good looking out H.A.F. (y)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since it's the James Gang thread the yogurt container is a Hillbilly Bob NL♀x Homecoming Queen♂ from last season's chucks. The 2 gal pots have a bunch of volunteers too. These were the clones I used for seeds revegging. View attachment 105125
I'm sure I'll eventually get bored and make beans on purpose, but that sounds like a great combo. This is used as my grow-journal /venting platform, but I named it that for a reason. Post away. Had people saying nonsense about my threads page count but a lot of the stuff ain't mine.

He kept that Backwoods Breeding page going before he got busy, but it kinda fell back and stuff lands here. Ain't my bandwidth - no skin off my ass. 😁

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You know I was just thinking about that and because the answer to your questions is tangled as shieeeeet! :ROFLMAO: New policy incoming... If you are a regular seed in my garden you ride a multi station Folgers dwc pimp bucket 5000 until your roots start threatening other plants then you get your own coffee can all to yourself. Good looking out H.A.F. (y)
You just have a bubble stone in those?

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
20220108_204450.jpg
I took a bunch of unknown seeds from the aftermath of shucking beans and threw them into an extra 2 gal. I did this last year with 6 Raspberry Boogie clones in one pot and it wasn't too bad to separate the plants. I just rolled the pot on the ground like you would a lemon before squeezing to loosen the media and rootball up. DWC looks like it would be a whole different monster.

View attachment 105127
I took a bunch of unknown seeds from the aftermath of shucking beans and threw them into an extra 2 gal. I did this last year with 6 Raspberry Boogie clones in one pot and it wasn't too bad to separate the plants. I just rolled the pot on the ground like you would a lemon before squeezing to loosen the media and rootball up. DWC looks like it would be a whole different monster.
They definitely run a little bit closer together cuz they don't have any soil/coco between them. If push came to shove you could probably take a sharp clean knife and cut them apart and prune anything that looks like crap. I have never really tried pruning root balls in dwc but I have seen a couple guys/YouTubers do it who reveg their plants.

Yeah I might have went a week too long in veg on the Harlets and Hashplants. I am really hoping the fact they are all sporting your 4 top manifold slows them down vertically a bit H.A.F. because after watching Harlet 2( 2nd pic Middle Cola) stretch like she is on only day 21 of flower I think their light might be in danger. I can drop H2 down a bit as she is still ridding a booster bucket which I am going to have to do pretty soon it looks like.
Harlets & Hasplants D3F.JPG

H2-D21 BCL-D22 LSBW-D30.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yeah I might have went a week too long in veg on the Harlets and Hashplants. I am really hoping the fact they are all sporting your 4 top manifold slows them down vertically a bit H.A.F. because after watching Harlet 2( 2nd pic Middle Cola) stretch like she is on only day 21 of flower I think their light might be in danger. I can drop H2 down a bit as she is still ridding a booster bucket which I am going to have to do pretty soon it looks like.
View attachment 105135

View attachment 105134
That's an often missed downside of hydro like that. In a bucket system you are already starting out at twice the height of my pot-o-dirt.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The three will soon be one, and I think I'll shift the CTZ into the closet and put it in 12/12 so I can use the tent for veg.
IMG_8287.JPG
Looking at the pic I was finally able to put a label on how I was pruning. I want a full size fan leaf pointing all 4 directions. Once an upper one gets big I take the one under it - if that makes sense. And the lower ones I leave if they aren't shading anything. So if the lower sprouts outgrow those leaves they can stay. The oddity lower left just has nothing those lower two fans were shading.
IMG_8291.JPG
I'm thinking I should stick a cup on that mutant.
IMG_8293.JPG
The regs are all regular. Go figure :)
IMG_8294.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK - I'm thoroughly confused.

For todays wake-n-bake I started with a bowl of that 5-week bagseed and there is no way I should be this high. My tolerance it through the fucking roof. I was going to fire up the joint, but I'm gonna wait and see how long this lasts. It's gotta go away quick or something.

5 fucking weeks? I haven't even finished a small bowl yet.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well, for what it's worth I stuck the rest of that bagseed in the burp-n-cure rotation with the rest. Who am I to argue with nature?

I'll probably test a nug every week to see if it gets better or worse.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's something I've been chewing on for my outdoor garden.

I was already planning on a "good weeds" cover crop, chop-n-drop thing like on the pots.

I cut up the cannabis plants to feed the worms in the pots because it is returning the cannabis nutes to the soil in a bio-available form.

If you grow tomatoes, it takes tomato nutes out of the soil. If you grow corn... you see where that's going.

Until now I moved stuff to a compost pile but letting it fall where it is it doesn't really matter. if pepper seeds sprout, or beans, or whatever I'm still mowing down what I didn't plant. Any sub-par fruits and veggies or ones that get overripe - right back in the ground.

I think the garden will be uglier this year, but the food will be better.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's a product review.
The Buildasoil cover crop blend - AND - the Cannaisseur overwinter seed mix. I had a small sack of both and mixed them together.
I have had a mild winter, but several week-long periods below freezing, several nights below 20F.

IMG_8310.JPG
There are actually some plants flowering. It was in the high 20's last night and only 40F now. I am definitely using this as a first step on ground I want to reclaim for gardening something.