The James Gang

Question H.A.F. - If you top a plant grown from regular seed do you think that causes it any delay on how long it take to show it's sex? If so how much of a delay would you guess 4-7 days maybe?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Question H.A.F. - If you top a plant grown from regular seed do you think that causes it any delay on how long it take to show it's sex? If so how much of a delay would you guess 4-7 days maybe?
No clue. I flip at 4 weeks, and always see sex in 5-10 days. Also, anything that leaned towards 10 was usually a girl.

That is with trees, and topping leaving 4 limbs. A manifold takes an extra week or two, and still shows 5-10 days after flip.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So far, so good. I didn't notice a lot of worm activity so I added a handful to each pot.
IMG_8323.JPG
The ones I just harvested are very active. Just push the mulch around anywhere and the surface moves like a creepy b-movie monster thing. I added the upside-down cup with worm-food on the just harvested ones to keep them active. I have three sets of soil now, the in-use batch, the 'next' batch, and the pots just harvested. I think this might be the answer to living soil/small pot growing.

I have enough in my 60g "next" pot to take care of the babies in the seed tent. The ones just harvested will keep the cover crops and root-balls for a few weeks, then get added to that 60g after I up-pot the most recent. After those few weeks in the 5g the root-ball has already mostly decomposed. When I put them in the 60g I remove most of the green stuff to keep it from going thermophilic.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Did some rough calculation and I have about the same square footage of dirt outside my grow as I do inside the two tents and closet. Aside from storage of supplies and ammendmentsI have a 60g pot that is about the same as the closet, a worm bin, and a large folding table that has the just harvested cover-crop pots and aloe on it.

This is definitely something I think I can make work just because I have that extra area to play with, but I can see it being problematic for an apartment, house with kids, etc.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oi... I just did some calculations and 8lbs X 60 = 480lbs. Is your 60 gal on wheels by chance H.A.F. or do you Ultimate Warrior that thing around the house?
I have a washing machine pan it sets on. It has about eight 5g (more like 4g ea) pots of soil in it, and I have another pot I can shuffle it into to box it back and forth to mix it up before re-potting.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
8 x 4g = 32g - 'bout half full. You can use the handles to pull the pot back and forth to mix the soil. Putting half in the other pot makes it easier. But it is light enough to lift and dump from pot-to-pot.

Also, I know a gallon of liquid weighs ~8lb.

Moist aerated soil not so much...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since they aren't @J.James lines for sale I am not getting too into the review for the Briscoe County Line and the Orgi. The early BCL and Orgi are smoke ready, both can give you the occasional rush from a bowl hit but I would classify as joint weed. Both are tastyb in their own way, the BCL has a berry smell and the Orgi smells like orange baby aspirin. Both taste similar to the smell. Both tossed very little kief on the early ones but lots on the week later BCL 2 and Orgi 2. Those two are bowl toppers right now and very nice dry sift.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Bucked the Querkle today. Pain in the ass trim. It had those beards that turned into nugs under each node, so where you would normally snip to drop stuff off the stems you couldn't even see the stem. That said it smells great, like paint thinner and really strong. Bag appeal zero - buzz to be determined but I have pretty high expectations based on the terps. And I found one seed.
IMG_8341.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I weigh stuff out of curiosity and for comparison, and this was a zip and a quarter. Lots of dry sift.

So it was a one ounce-ish plant with everything dense, even the tiny stuff. 3 months for an ounce. Really doesn't speak well for the 4-week flip.
But it was one of 8 plants. So that amount from each plant is still a decent half-pound run. The rest will be in the two ounce range though.

So I have a little bit of 8 plants, but definitely enough to know if it's something I want a lot of next time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Querkle dried for 10 days, and the larf is phenominal, already a decent headstash candidate. The paint thinner smell is cool, and the smoke has a doublemint gum flavor. More like how the foil gum wrapper smelled, no sweetness like the gum.

It is coincidentally a Space Queen [Romulan x C-99] mom - exactly like what I have in the dome now, crossed with Purple Urkle.
Be interesting to see the comparison.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
From the podcasts I know that Subcool (TGA) and Duke were buds. The Querkle was probably originally a colab. between the two. I bet right about when Brothers Grimm was resurected. At least I know that Ms. Subcool hasn't screwed anything up - Mz Jillz being a grower is keeping that company alive, and apparently still putting out good gear.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pretty fucking baked - with all the podcasts and stuff I'm not playing fanboy with anyone. It's more analytic.
I have found a few breeders that I don't think select for the things I prefer.
If I find one that checks all my boxes, that means that breeder selects for stuff I like.
Extrapolating that, other strains they grow have a good chance of being something I like
- and if they have an inner circle of friends that they trade cuts with there might be a whole new breeder's worth of selections to check through.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am thinking that the fems will go right into 5g's as soon as possible. The regs will go to 1g's until sexed. I have three 7g living soil pots that I might reserve for the three reg girls I expect. That might be the buffer I need for having them in the small pots longer.

I like the mix of fems and regs but I probably need to drop fewer fems in case I get a bumper crop of girls out of the regs.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking through the seedbank spreadsheet to see what's next (I love this part as much as growing) and put together a sortable list. Since October of 2018 with my first ILGM fems I have dropped 91 different cultivars. 92 if you count the bagseeds that got it started before that. 3 years and 3 months give or take.

Counting the "This and That" run I will have flowered 68 different crosses. Not differentiating beyond that since I have stuff getting chopped, hanging, and getting jarred over the next few days - a lot of smoke for one dude. There are 22 strains I haven't gotten a girl from yet but have beans left

It was a lot of learning and I wasn't rotating as efficiently as now, and I had less spaces to start out. That 3yrs includes having to run too damn many ILGM superskunk to start because it was 10 w/ 10 free and I didn't know how average their gear was. 11 Paradise Diesel girls out of a large tester pack [the most of one cross], then having those re-veg and clog up the system for an extra month. I have also done flower clones several times.

Experience is where you find it.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Looking through the seedbank spreadsheet to see what's next (I love this part as much as growing) and put together a sortable list. Since October of 2018 with my first ILGM fems I have dropped 91 different cultivars. 92 if you count the bagseeds that got it started before that. 3 years and 3 months give or take.

Counting the "This and That" run I will have flowered 68 different crosses. Not differentiating beyond that since I have stuff getting chopped, hanging, and getting jarred over the next few days - a lot of smoke for one dude. There are 22 strains I haven't gotten a girl from yet but have beans left

It was a lot of learning and I wasn't rotating as efficiently as now, and I had less spaces to start out. That 3yrs includes having to run too damn many ILGM superskunk to start because it was 10 w/ 10 free and I didn't know how average their gear was. 11 Paradise Diesel girls out of a large tester pack [the most of one cross], then having those re-veg and clog up the system for an extra month. I have also done flower clones several times.

Experience is where you find it.
i for sure dont have your record ,i'll just take notes .